Dueling Dragons/ Dragon Challenge | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Dueling Dragons/ Dragon Challenge

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dragons just can't catch a break... I have a bad feeling about this. Dueling Dragons was one of my favorite theme park attractions anywhere. Dragon Challenge diminished the experience a bit for me, but still love it.

Apparently Singapore has added metal detectors to their Battlestar Galactica coaster in order for this not to happen. Think we could be getting the same?

Oh that's would be soooo much fun with Florida tourists and Brazilian tour groups. I'm sure they could figure it out :bonk:

I've been very out of the loop with this stuff...so the trains are no longer dueling and now something else happened today? Does anyone know the extent of the trouble that happened today?

I heard that the Battlestar Galatica coasters in Singapore won't let any loose articles on the ride. So why not here? I was there last month, and it's not the same.

I've only ridden it once since the change. I rode it at night on purpose and pretended that Ice was dueling us. Lifted my feet on the camelback and everything. :'(

Right, but I think what most are wondering (the basic "what happened" and "is everybody okay" aside) is if this will have any further effects on DC's operation. All we know until the coverage leaks in is that something happened-- we don't know the severity, so worry is kind of instinctual.

Blah.

Always the complete idiocy and lack of respect from certain individuals that ruins it for everyone. One wonders if the person(s) involved in both the previous incidents and this imminent incident are aware of such anger and upset they have caused, and if they intended on causing this with their actions.

Woah, hey, we don't know if today was a result of somebody's idiocy. Is it likely? Unfortunately. But until we know for sure it would be prudent to just not make assumptions, especially given the possibility-- however small-- that whatever happened resulted in injury and wasn't the result of malicious intent.

Always the complete idiocy and lack of respect from certain individuals that ruins it for everyone. One wonders if the person(s) involved in both the previous incidents and this imminent incident are aware of such anger and upset they have caused, and if they intended on causing this with their actions.

Yes and Yes. And they get their kicks by reading about their actions in the paper.

Weren't the last incidents months ago? I mean...

Anywho. Does anybody know what's going on yet? I'm seeing tweets of people who "just rode!!!" or are "in line! txt it!!!" so it seems like the dragons are running at least.