E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, it's ridiculous that Universal would bring back the rides that most people were familiar with in the past, not to mention physical attractions takes time and money. Jaws and BTTF are way past their prime and needed to make room for newer attractions.

Jaws as a movie is built on suspense, the ride only worked because of the skipper on board. Without that human element, I realistically, can't see a water ride working.

New rides seem to be selected on popularity and the ability to push merchandise or park tickets. I can't see any ride based on these classic IPs having the ability to push merchandise sales higher than they already have.

With Epic Universe coming and the parks needing love else where, I think there's far better options available.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I reject the notion that the Jaws ride was past its prime.

Jaws as a movie is built on suspense, the ride only worked because of the skipper on board.

I completely disagree with this assessment. The ride worked because it was paced well, had several distinct and memorable scenes, and a strong finale on top of the human element.

I reject the notion that the Jaws ride was past its prime.

I completely disagree with this assessment. The ride worked because it was paced well, had several distinct and memorable scenes, and a strong finale on top of the human element.

Do you think the ride would work without the skipper?

I think rides like Jaws, BTTF and others were of their time period. Yes they were classic Universal attractions but I think nowadays they would seem very outdated. Maybe if they cared more about nostalgia like Disney does they would still be here today.

I think rides like Jaws, BTTF and others were of their time period. Yes they were classic Universal attractions but I think nowadays they would seem very outdated. Maybe if they cared more about nostalgia like Disney does they would still be here today.
If WDW built Peter Pan’s Flight, exactly as it is now, now, it would be considered their worst ride in decades.

Times have definitely changed. And while certain rides were innovative for their time, that doesn’t mean they’d work now. For sure.

I have way too many thoughts, but this isn't the thread for it.

Anyway, I sure hope E.T. remains for a long time!

Yep, as long Steven Speilberg continues to be the creative consultant of the Universal parks, the ET ride will remain as long he's still alive. Which does make me wonder. If Spielberg doesn't have the ability to prevent ET's destruction in Orlando, I wonder what the building could be used for in the present day.

Yep, as long Steven Speilberg continues to be the creative consultant of the Universal parks, the ET ride will remain as long he's still alive. Which does make me wonder. If Spielberg doesn't have the ability to prevent ET's destruction in Orlando, I wonder what the building could be used for in the present day.
I still think a retheme to SpongeBob/Bikini Bottom would be cake.