E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 64 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Really you think BTTF is dated I mean the franchise as a whole? Not trying to get off Topic but I hope ET does stay to keep that classic nostalgia around. I don’t think ET is dated since it is still around. I hope ET is with us for a long time seriously I don’t want it to be upgraded with a bunch of screens since that seems to be Universals thing for a few years now. I didn’t mean to say about Scott W that he said back to the future would never come back to the parks I apologize Scott I wasn’t trying to put words in your mouth.

Ok so I was trying to be nice letting you back on the forums, but I see things don't change.

Banned. Again.

Let's try to keep this topic focused on ET, and but since there is really no news to talk about....

Unless we replace KidZone with the Holiday Isle concept and give Earl the Squirrel his own ride.
Earl would never consider stealing attention from his friend E.T. After all, the plentiful trees of E.T's forest have provided Earl with his home and the foundations for many successful business ventures.

Nay, it would not be in the spirit of giving.

The new land for EU and a potential 4th gate has definitely changed their viewpoint on nostalgia and reverence for their own past. When real estate is precious and competition is harsh, nostalgia comes second to exciting new experiences that bring people through the door. We have definitely seen a change with Universal growing more nostalgic in recent years, and that bodes very well for E.T's survival. They definitely know that they have a relatively small, but still noteworthy segment of their fanbase that loves the older stuff, so I feel like the very few vestiges of that will remain for a good while, even if they don't get updated very often at all. The 30th celebration, HHN30's heavy reliance on previous materials, E.T. remaining next to SNW in the 2017 plans, etc. I have hope for E.T.'s future.

Wtf is Earl?
How Earl the Squirrel became a Universal Studios holiday icon
My first stop when I arrived at Universal Orlando for my annual holiday visit wasn't to see Santa, the Grinch, or the troupe of roller-skating elves. I was on a hunt for the true icon of Universal's holiday celebration: a stuffed toy squirrel named Earl. Each year, Earl can be found hidden in the 80-foot Christmas tree in the New York area of Universal Studios Florida.

It wasn't easy to find him among the glittering ornaments and red tinsel garland, but eventually I spotted him and got entirely too excited for a woman alone at a theme park.

So, how did a squirrel become a holiday hero? A representative from Universal Orlando told Insider that many years ago as the technical-entertainment team was preparing decorations for the holiday season, they noticed the blue lights in a large section of the Christmas tree weren't working. After further investigation, they found that a squirrel had made a nest inside the tree and chewed the wires.

The squirrel was safe and sound and an icon was born in "Earl the Squirrel." Now, Universal's technical-entertainment team hides a small stuffed toy squirrel, complete with a strand of blue lights hanging from his mouth, in the park's Christmas tree. According to Alicia Stella of Orlando ParkStop, the tradition officially began in 2015.

Earl's location changes from year to year, but he's always there somewhere. His appearance also varies each holiday season. Last year, for example, he wore a festive face covering to encourage mask-wearing during the pandemic. When I saw him this year, he was wearing a red and black buffalo plaid trapper hat.

edit: not the full article click the link for the full article

Last edited: