Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 178 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I know I personally get hot flashes cause of anxiety, does that actually up my temperature? Idk.

Allergies can give a slight fever as well. Whether slight is >100.4 or not I don’t know. I also don’t know the accuracy of the instruments used to measure, I know forehead types that we have bought on the consumer side seem pretty poor but I would imagine a place like universal would be using top of the line equipment.

See being turned away from a Park, I can live with. It would stink, but I could deal.

Getting turned away from my hotel, if I flew to the destination, I don't know what you can do in that situation.

Wait what? If you arrive at a hotel with a temp they won’t let you stay? Has this been confirmed and if so, what is UOR’s solution?
UOR has seemed to make it clear, at least to me, that anyone with a temp is NOT allowed on property. They are not hiding that fact. I totally agree it would SUCK to get there and be turned away and have to go straight to an airport and attempt to find another hotel. BUT, they've made it clear that is a possibility. Its part of this inherent risk of going to the parks right now and I'm fully aware of this possibility if I made the trip down.

I mean I know I personally get hot flashes cause of anxiety, does that actually up my temperature? Idk.

back in December and January i remember reading that some people were taking strong anti fever medication to be able to travel, i think it was someone coming out of china, if i recall.
im not saying this is a good idea or saying that it was good that people did that, im not saying that was good, it put people at risk and it was dangerous,
but it makes me wonder, if a family travel all the way from far away, i wonder if anyone else will remember that news and try to be a wise guy.
i remember reading this news, i remember being scared about that plane the people boarded

but it makes me wonder, if a family travel all the way from far away, i wonder if anyone else will remember that news and try to be a wise guy.
If I'm in America from England, your care will be good in the hospital. You'll be awestruck with the bill but the quality will be up to par. So I don't think it would be too huge of an issue.

Now if you're in Mexico or Vietnam or Ecuador and get sick, I could totally see someone swallowing some Tylenol to get to the states or whatever developed country you're from.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Wait what? If you arrive at a hotel with a temp they won’t let you stay? Has this been confirmed and if so, what is UOR’s solution?
Yes, they turn you away. This was a requirement by the government in order for them to reopen. Universal guaranteed to take the temp of every guest and turn anyone with a fever away as part of their opening plan. There's no grey area. There's no what if. If you have a fever that high, you will be asked to leave property because that is what health professionals said is needed.

Now I don't think Seaworld is taking temperatures so as we move into phase 2 I think this restriction will be loosened.

Yes, they turn you away. This was a requirement by the government in order for them to reopen. Universal guaranteed to take the temp of every guest and turn anyone with a fever away as part of their opening plan. There's no grey area. There's no what if. If you have a fever that high, you will be asked to leave property because that is what health professionals said is needed.

Now I don't think Seaworld is taking temperatures so as we move into phase 2 I think this restriction will be loosened.

Then I think that every resort should warn every reservation to get tested before leaving their own state or locale.

CNBC just had a business report that there's signs of an airline comeback with bookings stronger than anticipated. Airline stocks rose on the news.
I'm getting a severe case of FOMO but just can't pull the trigger until I see what July brings to get back in the market. Airlines need a breather, hope they can deal with it and make money.

OMG! Did you sell it all at the beginning of this ordeal? Were you in on the conference call with Richard Burr? ;)
I inherited a good sum as the result of closing a brokerage account in December. Just waiting for a little certainty what happens in the next year. I also removed about half of my holdings at the end of February. It was going south and a blind man could see it so I wait. The strength of this rally is a little surprising to me even with the amount of money they have tossed out for grabs. Pretty sure we see a slump or worse after the start of August and tourism would be affected by that as well. Papa looks at his 401k and says "not this year kids, we got to tighten our belts or pops will be living in your home for the rest of his life".

I inherited a good sum as the result of closing a brokerage account in December. Just waiting for a little certainty what happens in the next year. I also removed about half of my holdings at the end of February. It was going south and a blind man could see it so I wait. The strength of this rally is a little surprising to me even with the amount of money they have tossed out for grabs. Pretty sure we see a slump or worse after the start of August and tourism would be affected by that as well. Papa looks at his 401k and says "not this year kids, we got to tighten our belts or pops will be living in your home for the rest of his life".
I'm just about where I was at the end of Feb. Very minimal difference. Still higher than end of fourth quarter. It's been an amazing rebound. I've been in the market since 1975. I rarely sell.It always goes back up. Just a bit of patience is important to have. ...That said, you had pretty good timing, so it worked out well for you. Too bad you didn't buy into some of those lows at the end of March. Ahhhh, but hindsight....They're keeping their fingers crossed there's no 'substantial' second wave this summer. The economy is recovering more strongly than most analysts anticipated a few weeks ago.

I'm just about where I was at the end of Feb. Very minimal difference. Still higher than end of fourth quarter. It's been an amazing rebound. I've been in the market since 1975. I rarely sell.It always goes back up. Just a bit of patience is important to have. ...That said, you had pretty good timing, so it worked out well for you. Too bad you didn't buy into some of those lows at the end of March. Ahhhh, but hindsight....They're keeping their fingers crossed there's no 'substantial' second wave this summer. The economy is recovering more strongly than most analysts anticipated a few weeks ago.
We can hope

If I'm in America from England, your care will be good in the hospital. You'll be awestruck with the bill but the quality will be up to par. So I don't think it would be too huge of an issue.

Now if you're in Mexico or Vietnam or Ecuador and get sick, I could totally see someone swallowing some Tylenol to get to the states or whatever developed country you're from.

i know people would be taken care of, i was more thinking of a stuborn dad or uncle that doesnt wanna ruin the vacation for everyone else and then taking medicine to lower fever (specially if their symptoms are mild or they have fever but not corona)

especially if the trip is that far. i guess im saying that temperature check might make people try to cheat it maybe.

A 'unexpected' job report for mid May showed an increase in jobs and a drop in the unemployment rate, a complete surprise to economic analysts (actual 2.5 million new jobs vs. an 'expected' 7.5 million loss in jobs). Unemployment was expected to reach over 20%, but it actually dropped to 13.3%. Some airlines announced an increase in flights for June by over 50%. This is really good economic news, and will probably trickle down to a better than expected situation for tourist areas. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Moose84 and Andysol
A 'unexpected' job report for mid May showed an increase in jobs and a drop in the unemployment rate, a complete surprise to economic analysts (actual 2.5 million new jobs vs. an 'expected' 7.5 million loss in jobs). Unemployment was expected to reach over 20%, but it actually dropped to 13.3%. Some airlines announced an increase in flights for June by over 50%. This is really good economic news, and will probably trickle down to a better than expected situation for tourist areas. :thumbsup:
I mean, it's better than expected, but we're still at 13.3% unemployment, bigger than any time during the Great Recession. not sure I'd call that "really good"

Reactions: SeventyOne
I mean, it's better than expected, but we're still at 13.3% unemployment, bigger than any time during the Great Recession. not sure I'd call that "really good"
Compared to an 'expected 20% unemployment rate' after a lockdown of most of the nation, that's good news. Have to look at it in the big picture. The economy only tanked since the country was purposely locked down, not because there were inherent weaknesses in the economy. It's still going to be a tough 6 months, but the picture is so much brighter than even the 'experts' were hoping for. Sure, tourist areas won't be where they were before, probably for a good while, but it's still a very positive sign. It's not as bad as the doomsayers were saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.