Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, and unfortunately inevitably, it begins...

34-Year-Old CA Man Dead of Coronavirus, Recently Visited Disney World

To anyone who doesn’t wanna click that awful site (I don’t blame you) it says he visited Disney + Universal the beginning of March, he was a high risk patient.

Yup. Second death from the virus here in LA County. I know there are a lot of Floridians on here, so thought I'd share this for strictly informational purposes and not to cause panic.

The first death in LA County was an Orlando resident who did some international travel recently. She planned on spending a few days at her sister-in-law's house in Walnut, CA before heading home to Orlando. Sad thing is her husband tried CPR on her so he was directly exposed to contracting the virus as well. Since he was asymptomatic, he was not recommended to get tested for the virus, but instead self-quarantine. Hopefully, more test kits will be available so everyone who needs to can get tested.

Yup. Second death from the virus here in LA County. I know there are a lot of Floridians on here, so thought I'd share this for strictly informational purposes and not to cause panic.

The first death in LA County was an Orlando resident who did some international travel recently. She planned on spending a few days at her sister-in-law's house in Walnut, CA before heading home to Orlando. Sad thing is her husband tried CPR on her so he was directly exposed to contracting the virus as well. Since he was asymptomatic, he was not recommended to get tested for the virus, but instead self-quarantine. Hopefully, more test kits will be available so everyone who needs to can get tested.

All the stories coming out surrounding the deaths due to this virus are so horrifying and heartbreaking. It’s also really infuriating that they’re seemingly only testing people in this country that fit into what they’ve deemed the appropriate requirements for testing, when people who are asymptomatic are testing positive for it anyway.

If anyone just got laid off and needs a job, Domino's and Papa John's are hiring a crap ton of people right now to meet demand.

In a case of someone who absolutely does NOT intend on closing, we have Gamestop. They are classifying themselves as an "essential business" wtf.

Reactions: SeventyOne
In case anyone thinks the parks will be opening sometime in April...

‪The Running Universal event featuring DreamWorks Animation’s Trolls planned for April 26, 2020 at Universal Studios Hollywood has been canceled.
To play devil’s advocate (despite the fact that I’m starting to believe we’re looking at May). Even if the parks reopened before April 26, it would likely be with extra distancing and sanitation measures that a crowded running even would fly in the face of.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I for one expect any and all projects to be cancelled not far enough along. Epic universe will not happen for a much longer time. The parks will be cutting coast and discounting to get people in. Disney faces a reckoning for their out of control budgets and insanely greedy pricing.
Looking at it from our perspective and not WDW/UOR, It seems like we’ll get all of Disney’s planned projects. Tron, Guardians and Rat. Luckily we got Rise and Mickey/Minnie already. So nothing on tap for Disney will be cancelled. Though spaceship earth redo might get recut. And I fear they might budget-construct future world. That would be a massive mistake long term, but they may not have a choice.
As for UOR; fully agree. Get ready to not see EU as planned. They might push it through, but I doubt it.
Could it even be possible that if SNW is crazy successful in Japan that we see them dust off the kid zone plans and put it there for a quick monetary boost while sitting on EU plans for several years? I could certainly envision that scenario ironically playing out.

I get that and I think the parks will be open by sometime in June or July.
Mid-April is my guess. I don’t see any way possible they would wait until July. If they do, our economy is in irreversible shape and the nation and it’s people are arguably worse off then if we had just lived life normal and let the corona virus spread. And I say that from a mental health, quality of life, etc standpoint.
Undoubtedly the world would be worse off. Murder and crime worldwide would soar.

July is practically doomsday scenario, IMO.

Looking at it from our perspective and not WDW/UOR, It seems like we’ll get all of Disney’s planned projects. Tron, Guardians and Rat. Luckily we got Rise and Mickey/Minnie already. So nothing on tap for Disney will be cancelled. Though spaceship earth redo might get recut. And I fear they might budget-construct future world. That would be a massive mistake long term, but they may not have a choice.
As for UOR; fully agree. Get ready to not see EU as planned. They might push it through, but I doubt it.
Could it even be possible that if SNW is crazy successful in Japan that we see them dust off the kid zone plans and put it there for a quick monetary boost while sitting on EU plans for several years? I could certainly envision that scenario ironically playing out.

Mid-April is my guess. I don’t see any way possible they would wait until July. If they do, our economy is in irreversible shape and the nation and it’s people are arguably worse off then if we had just lived life normal and let the corona virus spread. And I say that from a mental health, quality of life, etc standpoint.
Undoubtedly the world would be worse off. Murder and crime worldwide would soar.

July is practically doomsday scenario, IMO.
June is when I really see the parks phase opening in. I can see late May though.

I agree July would be an extremely bad scenario and I overestimated by throwing it in there.

Reactions: Andysol
CDC recommended the “no larger group than 50 for 8 weeks” around March 15? If we’re able to mitigate this and successfully flatten the curve, I think we’re looking no earlier than Mid-May. (Barring some advanced miracle development on an antidote/treatment/cure/etc)

CDC recommended the “no larger group than 50 for 8 weeks” around March 15? If we’re able to mitigate this and successfully flatten the curve, I think we’re looking no earlier than Mid-May. (Barring some advanced miracle development on an antidote/treatment/cure/etc)

Open it mid-May with some of the phased openings with new precaution stuff.

I’d be very surprised if Mary Poppins and the 3-Story Festival Building saw the light of day
Poppins was already possibly getting cancelled so this will just be the nail in the coffin.

The festival building on the other hand is being built so the can rent it out constantly and have dessert parties up there. They would make they money back and more very fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.