Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so they're still not writing off for a longer stay, and leaving their options open. Though, like Nick, I'd guess they wait till early may.

so they're still not writing off for a longer stay, and leaving their options open. Though, like Nick, I'd guess they wait till early may.
I'm actually thinking more mid to late May. I wouldn't be totally surprised at Early May though. Everything is changing so much though still daily. Florida still hasn't issued a statewide Stay-at-home order, which I think may still happen if this spreads though the state at a rampant pace. The excuse that DeSantis gave for not issuing an order was because it would be unfair to the majority of the state that isn't experiencing problems related to the virus. If the whole state is feeling it, he'll have no choice and that could push things into June as far as park reopenings.

I'm actually thinking more mid to late May. I wouldn't be totally surprised at Early May though.

Yup. I'm thinking Mid-May as well. The 8-week recommendation hasn't changed since they announced it, so that puts us around May 15. Of course, there's a lot of variables (Trump wanting to lift lockdowns, treatments, etc).

I bet the parks will start asking workers to start coming in around the end of April to start getting back up to speed.

Meh, I would rather they just release it for online purchase/rental instead of delaying it. Would guarantee money now instead of delaying it further into the next quarter.
Wonder Woman is a potential Billion dollar film. You don't release that to VOD or Streaming. Scoob! is probably something that could go straight to VOD, but I would hate to see that movie miss theaters. In The Heights is a potential awards contender so it's definitely getting a theatrical release.

Good on UOR still paying their employees.
And it puts the pressure on Disney to continue to do the same. Now with Orange County having a stay-at-home for two weeks, it's not even a matter of if, but when they announce they are extending their closes. The Orange county stay-at-home doesn't end until April 9th anyway and really gives them no choice.

The White House just instructed every person who left New York city to quarantine for 14 days.
I don't get why all outgoing flights from the North East haven't been stopped. Maybe some few exceptions, but people shouldn't be allowed to flee NYC or anywhere up there for somewhere else in the country right now. All that does is help spread the virus.

Reactions: Clive
I don't get why all outgoing flights from the North East haven't been stopped. Maybe some few exceptions, but people shouldn't be allowed to flee NYC or anywhere up there for somewhere else in the country right now. All that does is help spread the virus.
I read today that most of them are shutting down for a couple weeks since they generally are running with 4 or 5 passengers, and losing money.....That's one of the problems with the areas that have the near complete shutdown orders. Wealthy people just go elsewhere where they can do what they want. ....In NYC area, one of the major spreaders of the CV was a big party of Long Island wealthy socialites that were infected and subsequently attended a large number of heavily attended social elite parties in the NYC area, and ended up being major CV spreaders.....Kind of like that religious cult person in S. Korea that authorities traced and he gave CV to over 1,000 other people. ....That's the old Typhoid Mary scenario.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if Disney & Universal will keep all their employees on a pay basis after April 9th if they, as guessed, don't open. The new fiscal bill, once it officially passes probably this afternoon, has very generous unemployment pay benefits attached to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.