Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 185 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hearing from almost every CM I know that the 28th is the date for things re-starting with everyone going back to work that week. I'd have to assume there will be a couple of days of training and just getting things ready to go again (re-certs?). Since DVC is reopening on the 22nd that means there will already be guests on property before the parks and transportation are up and running.

Any talk about whether hours will be restricted similar to UO?

29654260-8424983-image-a-54_1592279107844.jpg

this could work for restaurants and work for vending machines or stuff
for pin trading at disney lol.

while living in Palm Beach, we never left the house. We finally had to make a trip (we found a pool w/ a house attached).

My first experience ordering quick food, well, it was 'funny' to see everyone speaking around the plexiglass barrier, oh, that was at a furniture store and I am talking about employees. Mattresses are hard to come by, delivery folks are working their tales off.

We saw many different things...places that wipe shopping carts for you to free for alls. I think we saw more folks wearing mask in Central FL than in WPB (save for mandatory indoor use down there).

I do not think folks can social distance in queues.

Idk if someone posted this... but it seems like universal is now waiting on Los Angeles to be in phase 3 of reopening until they reopen. They were planning on starting to get team members back in to have a little refresher and meeting and all that but that was canceled. So idk if a July reopening is possible at this point. I know that when you go a prolonged period of time of not working they require a retraining day, (they might even need to retest) due to this 3 month or so closure with no one working. Obviously just my thoughts and opinion. Lots of team members aren’t comfortable though based on those Orlando videos

Reactions: deadbydawn
AMC is re-opening almost all locations July 15: AMC Theatres Reopening July 15, Our Conversation With Circuit Boss Adam Aron

Key details:

–Every auditorium will be cleaned between each showtime with enhanced hard surface disinfection including doors, handrails, recliner buttons, and tray tables. There will be extra time allocated between showtimes to allow a full, thorough cleaning of each auditorium.

–Auditorium fixtures and seating areas will be disinfected nightly using electrostatic sprayers.

–All high-touch areas including door handles, stanchions, service counters, handrails, escalator rails, benches, and restroom fixtures will be routinely disinfected. Self-service Freestyle machines will be sanitized routinely, and sanitation stations with sanitizing wipes and/or hand sanitizer will be provided immediately nearby for guest use.

–Disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer will be found throughout theatres for guests.

–Products used for sanitation and disinfection at AMC are EPA approved for use against viruses, bacteria, and other pathogens including COVID-19.

–Employees will be required to wear masks and have their temperatures checked prior to their shift. If they’re found sick, they’ll be compensated.

–FDA approved hand-sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the theatre for associate and guest use.

–AMC will abide by local ordinances enforcing the wearing of masks. Guests at other locations are strongly encouraged to wear a mask during their visit to AMC. For guests who would like to purchase a mask upon arrival, they will be available for $1 at all locations.

–The circuit is recommending that guests use AMC’s online ticketing and mobile app for ticketless entry. For guests who would like to purchase their tickets at the theatre, AMC has Automated Box Office machines.

They'll open auditoriums at 30% capacity with plans to be at 50% by Labor Day and 100% by Thanksgiving, which is a stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.