Electrical Parade to DLR; Replacement MK Nighttime Parade? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Electrical Parade to DLR; Replacement MK Nighttime Parade?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I do really hope they bring something for the night. MSEP was dated, and Wishes needs replacing too. The projection show is nice, but it isn't a huge sticking point.

Although I am glad exiting should be easier due to lack of parade crowds. :lol:

Reactions: Ryan
It definitely is. Some purists would definitely object to it, but you can't deny it just screams fun. The song was originally done for Wreck-it Ralph, actually (by Owl City).

Oh wow. I didn't realize it was the same song. I just heard it playing at a Disney Store and I thought I was going to have to look up "Paint the Night" theme to hear it.

The parade was inescapable during my last trip to DLR. I caught it while having dinner outside at Carnation Cafe, another actual full viewing in some roped off area with benches, while having dinner outside at Plaza Inn another night, and even while riding teacups.

e0j410.jpg

Oh wow. I didn't realize it was the same song. I just heard it playing at a Disney Store and I thought I was going to have to look up "Paint the Night" theme to hear it.

The parade was inescapable during my last trip to DLR. I caught it while having dinner outside at Carnation Cafe, another actual full viewing in some roped off area with benches, while having dinner outside at Plaza Inn another night, and even while riding teacups.

e0j410.jpg
I saw it once while eating at Carnation, too.

My recent trip to DLR was 5 days and we saw the parade every night even if we were at DCA during the day. I'm not even a huge parade person, but it was so refreshing to see a really fun and vibrant parade.

I do really hope they bring something for the night. MSEP was dated, and Wishes needs replacing too. The projection show is nice, but it isn't a huge sticking point.

Although I am glad exiting should be easier due to lack of parade crowds. :lol:
Considering that they are calling it an "Encore Performance" at DL (MSEP), i'd say it's basically taking a "Final Bow" before they crush it to pieces.

I don't think we'll get DL's PTN, I just think that's on temporary hold while MSEP runs, however, there is talk that we may get Hong Kong's version of PTN? Supposedly it's a rumor that multiple people have been hearing inside entertainment.

BUT, Spirit and others are saying we are getting DL's PTN. So we shall see.

Last edited:
Parades are relatively cheap and easy additions at the parks, and can easily be cloned as well. Just because DL may be keeping Paint the Night doesn't mean it's not coming to WDW or DLP. Also, they might be trying something to help bring more people to the parks and stop the attendance slide between now and when SWL open at some undetermined future date.

Parades are relatively cheap and easy additions at the parks, and can easily be cloned as well. Just because DL may be keeping Paint the Night doesn't mean it's not coming to WDW or DLP. Also, they might be trying something to help bring more people to the parks and stop the attendance slide between now and when SWL open at some undetermined future date.
The blog post says it will be doing holiday performances, but mentions nothing after that.

MSEP isn't debuting there until 2017, so I wouldn't be surprised if after the holiday season, PTN moves. There's limited parade storage and either MSEP or PTN would need to be moved to the DCA parade barn if it is to keep both.

For the meantime though, I expect Festival of Fantasy to run at night until something comes. It already has onboard lighting.

Ugh! So sad about this. I really like this parade and so do my kids. I get updating things and I would be totally OK with a new parade replacing this, but nope. Just a parade going away being replaced with NOTHING. So disappointed in Disney.

MSEP is a huge nostalgia trigger for me. I'm glad my daughter got to see it a couple times before it was thrown in the trash.

What follows is just a guess by me. And I might be totally wrong. I'm not an Insider, so I don't have my own insider info. But, for forum discussion purposes, here goes....WDW MK will not have a night time parade for a couple of reasons. *No MK night parade will help direct more tourists to the other three parks and help alleviate the night crowds at MK. WDW is trying to build up the other three parks as evening destinations to spread out the customer traffic. Case in point. The so far failed Rivers of Light Show, AK opened in evenings with more offerings, Avatar next year with a focused night look. * Cost savings and labor cost savings by eliminating the parade *This is a WDW trend. They've eliminated the AK and DHS daytime parades in the last few years.

What follows is just a guess by me. And I might be totally wrong. I'm not an Insider, so I don't have my own insider info. But, for forum discussion purposes, here goes....WDW MK will not have a night time parade for a couple of reasons. *No MK night parade will help direct more tourists to the other three parks and help alleviate the night crowds at MK. WDW is trying to build up the other three parks as evening destinations to spread out the customer traffic. Case in point. The so far failed Rivers of Light Show, AK opened in evenings with more offerings, Avatar next year with a focused night look. * Cost savings and labor cost savings by eliminating the parade *This is a WDW trend. They've eliminated the AK and DHS daytime parades in the last few years.

To add to this, the MK fireworks are already considered a must do by many so the nighttime parade is not an essential. Having four parks that each have their own must do nighttime spectacular makes it so that completists will have to buy at least a four day pass to see everything.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I'm probably in the minority, but I'd love to get SpectroMagic back for a little while. I've always thought it blew MSEP out of the water, but most of the feedback I've seen indicates that SpectroMagic was not well loved among enthusiasts. Isn't it in Tokyo?

Reactions: wizwit
I'm probably in the minority, but I'd love to get SpectroMagic back for a little while. I've always thought it blew MSEP out of the water, but most of the feedback I've seen indicates that SpectroMagic was not well loved among enthusiasts. Isn't it in Tokyo?

SpectroMagic has been destroyed. The floats do not exist anymore.

"Welcome to the splendor, the spectacle, the sparkling sensation, where the comedy and thrill of Disney fantasies come to electric life.

And now, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents, in a million points of musical light, the magic worlds of Disney...in SpectroMagic!"

Bring it back!

Close. How about, every night at sunset the hub and main st. become incredibly crowded and stay that way until after the fireworks. It is becoming very difficult (labor intensive) to clear the streets for the parade. I predict an expanded projection show until the other parks start drawing more of the night crowd.

Close. How about, every night at sunset the hub and main st. become incredibly crowded and stay that way until after the fireworks. It is becoming very difficult (labor intensive) to clear the streets for the parade. I predict an expanded projection show until the other parks start drawing more of the night crowd.

Well if they are sitting for a parade, standing in the hub waiting they sure aren't in the stores and QS spending money are they?

I know DH and MadDog are right and this is for all those reasons. I just hope some day we get a great night time parade back. It is a different night time offering that I really enjoyed.

I will admit that it has sentimental reasons for me. My son Johnny learned how to track things with that parade. He would never look to the one side and would stop tracking at mid point. That parade was the first time he tracked all the way around. He would just watch those floats and smile. His eyes would say on them the whole time.

I know DH and MadDog are right and this is for all those reasons. I just hope some day we get a great night time parade back. It is a different night time offering that I really enjoyed.

I will admit that it has sentimental reasons for me. My son Johnny learned how to track things with that parade. He would never look to the one side and would stop tracking at mid point. That parade was the first time he tracked all the way around. He would just watch those floats and smile. His eyes would say on them the whole time.
God bless you. :pray:

Reactions: IzzyB and JoeCamel
I can vouch as someone who worked frontline that the clear out time between entertainment options is tough on all ops from just Main Street ops who directs traffic or the Custodians who have to do a quick sweep of all trash cans before the next crowd builds.

It was honestly like a sport to get to all of the trash cans in a timely manner last year. You had be quick - get in, get out. If you couldn't do it in time, then you were eaten alive by the crowds.