Electrical Parade to DLR; Replacement MK Nighttime Parade? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Electrical Parade to DLR; Replacement MK Nighttime Parade?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wow, I had no idea. Isn't MSEP much older than SpectroMagic was? I would've thought they'd get rid of MSEP first.
MSEP was refurbed for Disneyland, I believe, before it came to MK.
The story about SpectroMagic is rather sad. Apparently it wasn't stored properly and was in such bad shape they were unwilling to spend the big $$ it would cost to basically rebuild it.
I agree, though, as much as I like MSEP, my family and I LOVED SpectroMagic. Luckily I have videos and a Disney produced VHS tape of it.

I can vouch as someone who worked frontline that the clear out time between entertainment options is tough on all ops from just Main Street ops who directs traffic or the Custodians who have to do a quick sweep of all trash cans before the next crowd builds.

It was honestly like a sport to get to all of the trash cans in a timely manner last year. You had be quick - get in, get out. If you couldn't do it in time, then you were eaten alive by the crowds.
Disney's version of Quiddich. :)

Reactions: Nick
Never understood the love for Spectro. The Chuckie dolls were creepy, the music was incorrect for a parade (A waltz? Trying to put the crowd to sleep), and the sterility of it (all floats and characters, hardly any humans). Compare that to MSEP's Cinderella ballroom scene (although that got smaller through the years). And I cant help but notice in PTN that Baroque Hoedown still play in the background sometimes.

Reactions: IzzyB
Never understood the love for Spectro. The Chuckie dolls were creepy, the music was incorrect for a parade (A waltz? Trying to put the crowd to sleep), and the sterility of it (all floats and characters, hardly any humans). Compare that to MSEP's Cinderella ballroom scene (although that got smaller through the years). And I cant help but notice in PTN that Baroque Hoedown still play in the background sometimes.
See, I thought the Spectromen (wasn't that their name) was one of the best parts! I can't think of another parade that has created original characters with such personality. And I'll respectfully disagree on the music choice. The waltz as opposed to a more traditional march (or upbeat pop tune that Disney seems to be using more now) allowed the pace to slow down a bit which, for me at least, allowed you to soak in the magic that much more (sorry for the cheese, but I really loved this parade).

Reactions: Ash and ChrisM

I think the music was meant to evoke Fantasia? Did you ever see it?

I think the music was meant to evoke Fantasia? Did you ever see it?
Yes, I saw it. And I noticed the crowd never got whipped up to the intensity of the MSEP. Of course, the music was a last minute thing since the original person who was to do the music (Don Dorsey) walked off the project. And the Spectromen were downright creepy (even after the altered the faces). The nice tough was adding the bioluminece panels but even they failed quite often. I know some people loved it, but it always seemed a cold, techno-heavy parade to me.

Yes, I saw it. And I noticed the crowd never got whipped up to the intensity of the MSEP. Of course, the music was a last minute thing since the original person who was to do the music (Don Dorsey) walked off the project. And the Spectromen were downright creepy (even after the altered the faces). The nice tough was adding the bioluminece panels but even they failed quite often. I know some people loved it, but it always seemed a cold, techno-heavy parade to me.

I am with you. I much prefer MSEP over Spectro. I watched Spectro, but I could skip it with no big loss. I really tried to always see MSEP.

I think this really divides people and it's possibly dependent on age and nostalgia?
I loved Spectro I thought MSEP was a step backwards and the music is so annoying after about 2 minutes.

Has anyone heard anything at all regarding a replacement? I know Disney is making a lot of cuts but I can't imagine them going without a nighttime parade in their busiest park. Does anyone know of the last time MK went without a night parade?

So, with all the hurricane Matthew shakeups I completely forgot that Oct 9th was the last MSEP performance. Well, as it turned out, I was there at the 11 PM show to watch it "glow away". There were a ton of AP folks there and it was packed. Glad I got to see it one last time.

From what I heard from CMs there, PTN would not be a good fit for MK based on the size of the floats and the parade route (including the bridge issues they had at Liberty Square).

I'm not a big Disney person so I apologize if this has been discussed before but: How can they ethically bring the MSEP back to Disneyland when they made a huge deal about it glowing away forever? They sold people commemorative light bulbs from the floats for godssake.

Hey ELP went away from the Magic Kingdom 'forever' on Sept 14, 1991. I have the poster from that night :)

Grain of salt rumor... Jim Hill is saying MSEP may return to MK AGAIN after its run at DL.

I'm all for a night parade at MK, but this thing just needs to die already.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Grain of salt rumor... Jim Hill is saying MSEP may return to MK AGAIN after its run at DL.

I'm all for a night parade at MK, but this thing just needs to die already.

Bah...I love the MSEP, as does my family. It's a bit of old Disney from my childhood. The soundtrack alone is amazing.