Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If anything, I'm more curious about the restaurant. Enough insiders said Space Restaurant not coming there that I'm curious--two new table-services in Future World? Or did Space get cut as has been speculated? I suppose this could be quick-serve, but would you really hype a QSR on the same level as a ride?

If anything, I'm more curious about the restaurant. Enough insiders said Space Restaurant not coming there that I'm curious--two new table-services in Future World? Or did Space get cut as has been speculated? I suppose this could be quick-serve, but would you really hype a QSR on the same level as a ride?

my bet is on Space getting cut.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I had heard long before GotG was announced that this was going to be a mini-land being created with WoL turning into an additional attraction and dining. I saw that in the concept art with the tower in the background. I'll have to see if I can find that again. It might have been confidential...

I had heard long before GotG was announced that this was going to be a mini-land being created with WoL turning into an additional attraction and dining. I saw that in the concept art with the tower in the background. I'll have to see if I can find that again. It might have been confidential...

I could see a GotG "Cantina" and a "space restaurant" being too similar in Disney's mind to place next to one another. The plot thickens.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
They could never do something like Happily Ever After off of Hogwarts due to how loud they would be.
That would be a hell of a thing.

Richters was supposed to get done for it but the budget was cut.
I'm glad they didn't change Richter's, leave that little bit of connection to the park's history. I wouldn't have a problem if they reinvigorated the menu, though.

To possibly bring this up, as MisterPenguin brought up a certain thing talked about before, what if the Wonders of Life attraction is more to Doctor Strange. As far as I checked, he's in the same spot that Guardians is in the Marvel contract for Orlando, and would blend into Epcot on the Multi-verse theory. It'd be an easy implementation in for Future World, and would be a good thing you can market next to Guardians, as a hub to meet some of your favorite "HEROES" at Walt Disney World.

Food for thought, mind you.

I don't know how they would fit Doctor Strange into Epcot thematically, but then again, Disney has shown they don't much care about things fitting in Epcot anymore.

As a wise being once said..

Doctor Strange meddles in the Multiverse theory, can use energy manipulation, astral travel, time travel, and a lot of other aspects that'd work extremely well for a dark ride.

As a wise being once said..

Doctor Strange meddles in the Multiverse theory, can use energy manipulation, astral travel, time travel, and a lot of other aspects that'd work extremely well for a dark ride.

But nothing that actually is about science or technology or anything. But hey Disney fans are ok slaughtering Epcot with a smile on their face.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
But nothing that actually is about science or technology or anything. But hey Disney fans are ok slaughtering Epcot with a smile on their face.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be what I'd want. I'm just trying to look at it on a possible side, that doesn't revolve around one of the film characters going previously to Epcot Center.

Reactions: captainmoch
To possibly bring this up, as MisterPenguin brought up a certain thing talked about before, what if the Wonders of Life attraction is more to Doctor Strange. As far as I checked, he's in the same spot that Guardians is in the Marvel contract for Orlando, and would blend into Epcot on the Multi-verse theory. It'd be an easy implementation in for Future World, and would be a good thing you can market next to Guardians, as a hub to meet some of your favorite "HEROES" at Walt Disney World.

Food for thought, mind you.
I'd actually be perfectly cool with a Doctor Strange attraction and can easily see how he could fit into Future World. Or whatever it'll be called. Strange's powers are very closely linked with science.

Epcot was already slaughtered from 1994-2001.

Dr. Strange doesn't really lend himself to a restaurant. Then again, neither do the Guardians. Whole rumor seems out of left field, but it's out there.

Epcot was already slaughtered from 1994-2001.

I know this is a popular school of thought, but I don't really agree. If by "slaughtered," you mean "needlessly replaced attractions that didn't need replacing," then yes, absolutely.

However, the replacement attractions for Imagination, World of Motion, and - eventually - Horizons all still fit the theme of Future World. We can argue about the overall quality of those attractions in terms of their execution, but nobody has to do convoluted mental gymnastics to make rides about space flight, automobiles, and imagination fit in with what Epcot is/was supposed to be.

The real thematic compromises began in a modest way with Nemo and Gran Fiesta Tour (the fundamental attractions are still about what their home pavilions purport to be about), accelerated with Frozen (only a vague connection to its home pavilion), and are poised to fully break the mission of the park with Guardians.