Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Martin over on WDWM is saying the new Illuminations is currently being worked and that "Hardware is currently being fabricated for the new show". He has also said that IP "may or may not" be used in the show, but that it will have an original score. Lastly, he mentioned that the boring-to-most middle part of the show may employ the use of drones.

Steve Davison is the lead on the Illuminations project.

Martin over on WDWM is saying the new Illuminations is currently being worked and that "Hardware is currently being fabricated for the new show". He has also said that IP "may or may not" be used in the show, but that it will have an original score. Lastly, he mentioned that the boring-to-most middle part of the show may employ the use of drones.

Steve Davison is the lead on the Illuminations project.

He's been tied to this project for so long and I've heard so much it all has blurred together. I feel there's been an Illuminations replacement ready since early 2010s lead by Steve.

He was the lead on WoC, if that tells you anything

It will be interesting to see what they do with the new IllumiNations

I think the story is fine, I mean, it's the greatest story ever told afterall

There's a Davison fan club in WDI/themed design so expect to see lots of support for this show no matter what.

Reactions: tankart150
He's been tied to this project for so long and I've heard so much it all has blurred together. I feel there's been an Illuminations replacement ready since early 2010s lead by Steve.

There's a Davison fan club in WDI/themed design so expect to see lots of support for this show no matter what.
I think he brings a unique passion to WDI...He seems to truly enjoy what he does...I am excited for the project

I love IllumiNations as it is now...But..the show is starting to show its age a bit

It's time for Illuminations to get the update, but Christ it's gonna be hard to see it go. Just thinking about certain elements give me goosebumps (torches blown out, the globe reveal), and We Go On is one of the greatest songs in the entire Disney catalog.

It's time for Illuminations to get the update, but Christ it's gonna be hard to see it go. Just thinking about certain elements give me goosebumps (torches blown out, the globe reveal), and We Go On is one of the greatest songs in the entire Disney catalog.
Yes, it's a one of a kind show I don't think we'll see Disney attempt again

My guess is we see the current Illuminations set up (intro/finale), with changes to the soundtrack (like they did for Fantasmic at Disneyland) and have IPs take over the middle of the show. Frozen, Ratatouille, Guardians, Nemo, Figment could possibly have scenes.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
My guess is we see the current Illuminations set up (intro/finale), with changes to the soundtrack (like they did for Fantasmic at Disneyland) and have IPs take over the middle of the show. Frozen, Ratatouille, Guardians, Nemo, Figment could possibly have scenes.
With the recent push for more IPs in the parks I could definitely see that happening

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit

That's the vibe I get as-well.

The new Illuminations will be inspired by the current and classic versions, under a new alias, with a mixture of original scenes along with IP scenes covered by Frozen, Nemo, Figment, Ratatouille, and Mary Poppins instead of Guardians (MP will be more timeless IMO). And that Drones, Fireworks, and projection mapping will be incorporated into the new show.

I remain somewhat intrigued by what's going on at WOL. Seems like a lot of effort if it's just going to remain special event/retail space.
It’s not going to remain an event space if current proposals go through. According to Martin, they’ve come to realize that using prime theme park real estate as event space isn’t the best use of the building and there’s a particular IP being thrown around for the space.

It’s not going to remain an event space if current proposals go through. According to Martin, they’ve come to realize that using prime theme park real estate isn’t the best use of the building and there’s a particular IP being thrown around for the space.
Better be Inside Out so they can spare Figment the indecency of being evicted twice.

It’s not going to remain an event space if current proposals go through. According to Martin, they’ve come to realize that using prime theme park real estate isn’t the best use of the building and there’s a particular IP being thrown around for the space.

So presumably the space would become home to a for-real attraction? That would be a wonderful development... provided whatever theme goes in there is appropriate. Given its proximity to Guardians, that makes me slightly uneasy.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit