Epic Universe Expansion Speculation | Inside Universal Forums

Epic Universe Expansion Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'll start. If/when Epic follows USF/IOA pattern, the flat parking will be replaced with a garage. And the flat parking area will become Gate 4 (or 5 depending on how you are counting)
I think this is about the safest bet there is.

I know some have speculated that we could see a 2nd water park near EU, but I don't know that they'd want to poach their only other water park.

Reactions: Mad Dog
All I want is the Creature from the Black Lagoon ride and Luigi's Mansion and I'm GOOD. I know they'll obviously do more rides for the other lands/probably add another IP land but I think for me personally after those two this park will be absolutely perfect as it is.

nintendo switch GIF

Creature From The Black Lagoon GIF by Henry Mancini

Ride sytems that I would like to see in future expansions.....

1. Dark boat ride
2. "Flying" ride (Peter Pan/ET on steroids)
3. Indoor/outdoor family coaster (think Arthur at Europa Park)
4. Thrilling highly themed family coaster (think Big Thunder)
I'd love to see that "racetrack coaster" ride system that everyone speculated would be for Mario Kart

Thanks @Brian G. for creating this thread.

I wonder if Luigi’s Mansion is expected to take up the entire expansion pad for SNW?
I think that would be a pretty poor use of space, at most it should be as large as Donkey Kong.

I am curious how much space would be left over for future Nintendo expansion however. If Luigi's Mansion gets greenlit and Pokemon goes to USF, then it seems like that land would only be used for additional Mario minilands, or perhaps smaller lands for things like Animal Crossing or Splatoon.

Ride sytems that I would like to see in future expansions.....

1. Dark boat ride
2. "Flying" ride (Peter Pan/ET on steroids)
3. Indoor/outdoor family coaster (think Arthur at Europa Park)
4. Thrilling highly themed family coaster (think Big Thunder)
The "Flying" ride would be an amazing concept for HTTYD. That land needs a big E-ticket attraction and that would be a great ride to fully flesh out IoB IMO.

freefall httyd 2 GIF by How To Train Your Dragon

I think Epic needs a least one more high intensity coaster. Right now it's Stardust and a bunch of "family coasters". Another Velocicoaster type would be a huge draw.

They're kind of coaster heavy as Disney/Universal parks go. I'm not anticipating a coaster in the near term expansions.
Yeah, tbh it's kinda surprising by itself that they'll be opening EU with what.. 5 coasters in total?

My blue-sky dream for the future of EU is to eventually have a monorail or some type of quicker transportation between the 2 campuses, but that will never happen lol

Does have anyone have any idea how big each of the expansion pads are, acreage wise?

Someone over on WDWMagic is claiming the 1.25 acre plot to the right of SNW is earmarked for some sort of special event flex space.

As for the 20 acre space wedged between the coaster and HTTYD, maybe that can be for LOTR or if they can't procure the LOTR rights, some sort of catch all themed land with a variety of IP.
Don't have to quote WDWMagic on that, @Alicia has been saying that for 2 years now?

While SNW seems be lined up for expansion first, I think the Monsters land is in need for a 2nd major attractions. Something less intense from a ride system, and more thrilling in story... aka the Creature boat ride lol

I bet we see permits for a 4th hotel sooner rather than later, either across from Epic’s parking lot on the other side of Epic Blvd, or further up Universal Blvd halfway between Endless Summer and Stella/Terra.
Agreed-- I think they break ground on another hotel or two before any other additions are announced.

Reactions: Andysol