Epic Universe Expansion Speculation | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Epic Universe Expansion Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Luigi’s Mansion will probably be the same as DK Country, thematically its own miniland with a warp pipe portal leading from the Super Mario Land courtyard as the only way in or out. If it’s good enough for DK it’s good enough for Luigi.
The only thing is, where do they put it? There doesn't seem to be any room for it.

The land or the warp pipe? There are several extra openings on bottom level, including a couple on left side of 1-UP Factory, which could lead out to expansion space next door.
The warp pipe. I'm a bit confused on the opening though. I thought the area between DK and 1-Up was restrooms and the Yoshi's Adventure ride building, with Pizza Moon directly behind it?

The warp pipe. I'm a bit confused on the opening though. I thought the area between DK and 1-Up was restrooms and the Yoshi's Adventure ride building, with Pizza Moon directly behind it?
There’s room behind pizza moon, and there’s an opening left of 1-UP. Actually a couple openings i believe, but one would stay for backstage probably. On right of 1-up is exit out of land with a path to hub, so that next building isn’t very close even when it is next to SNW.

I would think that HTTYD has plenty of expansions space. The green area around the drone pad is an expansion plot, but they could always add a bigger show building extending into the current parking area if they really wanted to.

Universal does seem to be flexible with plans, but I think they really want Nintendo represented in each park, just like Potter.
IOA is probably where Zelda will end up in the end. Plus considering how the 20 acre expansion pad only has one entry point according to the map @PerceptiveCoot shared, maybe it would be wise to make that a catch all themed land with a variety of IPs.

Why do you say that?
That 1 acre expansion could hold either a flying simulator or maybe some sort of Pets like dark ride.
I would think that HTTYD has plenty of expansions space. The green area around the drone pad is an expansion plot, but they could always add a bigger show building extending into the current parking area if they really wanted to.
I feel it will never get one or be the last. The never comes from by the time they loop around will the IP be relevant enough to add something? It has the most things to do right now so it needs the least help. HP and Monsters will be after Nintendo. Because HP needs a second ride and monsters will need more family stuff. Another area needs a play area too and my guess is Nintendo will get that. I just think it is lowest priority and I fear it just won't ever happen.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
There’s sooooo many other things to worry about than an expansion to HTTYD anytime in the next decade. There’s more space at Epic for other things in the other lands, room for new land or lands, IOA needs LC replaced. Simpsons will get replaced, eventually Toon Lagoon will be on the chopping block (I’d imagine), Supercharge replacement, Volcano Bay expansion, HTTYD doesn’t need anything else imo. I say this without experiencing the land yet, obviously.

Make Luigi’s Mansion very high capacity and longer ride than the others, give us some more dining and that’d really help Nintendo.

Obviously, another Potter E Ticket wouldn’t hurt for capacity either.

I feel it will never get one or be the last. The never comes from by the time they loop around will the IP be relevant enough to add something? It has the most things to do right now so it needs the least help. HP and Monsters will be after Nintendo. Because HP needs a second ride and monsters will need more family stuff. Another area needs a play area too and my guess is Nintendo will get that. I just think it is lowest priority and I fear it just won't ever happen.
That’s fair.

The only scenario where I envision an HTTYD expansion happening in the foreseeable future is if the live action remake is a HUGE hit and spawns a live action franchise that makes too much money to ignore.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
I think the show is the E-Ticket
For a lot of reasons, theme park shows don’t generally function well as E-ticket anchor attractions.

How long do we expect Fyre Drill to survive? For whatever reason, that type of ride seems to have a very short shelf life. I’d be a bit surprised if it’s still operating in 11 years.