Epic Universe Expansion Speculation | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Epic Universe Expansion Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That would be a cool land, especially if it was indoors, I just doubt they'd anchor such a large expansion with a D to C-ticket shooter.
That’s what I’m curious about

What else can they include in that space or should it be mini lands like someone suggested earlier?

I think we should be expecting an E ticket level shooter akin to MIB/Haunted Mansion.

That would be a cool land, especially if it was indoors, I just doubt they'd anchor such a large expansion with a D to C-ticket shooter.
I sort of agree with this. Shooter rides are a big "meh" for me....but I realize that they are very popular with kids and families. I do think that it is time for an update to the typical shooter ride....maybe a bit more thrill and tech is in order for the next one.

I bet we see permits for a 4th hotel sooner rather than later, either across from Epic’s parking lot on the other side of Epic Blvd, or further up Universal Blvd halfway between Endless Summer and Stella/Terra.
I'd have to imagine the next one might be a Preferred Hotel, unless Universal is still chasing the Prime Value/Value category?

Would love to see what Universal can come up with outside the tropical/beach/space theme. The plot of land over by I-Drive is far enough to have its own distinct theme.

Kinda wild that SNW is the smallest land.

The space between Potter and HTTYD is basically another 1/3 of a park lol
It is two levels, so it's decent in size.

I think that was in the original plans until it was scrapped.

Correct me if I’m wrong.
Alicia would know better than me. If true, maybe they cut it out because of budgetary reasons?

Maybe they could somehow revive the HTTYD phase 2 plans down the line.

Someone over on WDWMagic is claiming the 1.25 acre plot to the right of SNW is earmarked for some sort of special event flex space.

As for the 20 acre space wedged between the coaster and HTTYD, maybe that can be for LOTR or if they can't procure the LOTR rights, some sort of catch all themed land with a variety of IP.
Don't have to quote WDWMagic on that, @Alicia has been saying that for 2 years now?

While SNW seems be lined up for expansion first, I think the Monsters land is in need for a 2nd major attractions. Something less intense from a ride system, and more thrilling in story... aka the Creature boat ride lol
Was gonna say, pretty sure that’s been my rumor for a while.

Also, we’ve seen “future parade building” listed in permit plans between hotel and Monsters. And a second parade building rumored for the right back side of the park as well. So lots of room to grow for special events.

Going from Mario to DK back to Mario again would be a bit weird, and would potentially create a massive dead end.
I mean... not really? Luigi's Mansion definitely a part of the "mario" world but it is it's own thing. The tone/vibes of LM would also be very different to the Mushroom Kingdom part of SNW so I don't think it would be weird at all. It's basically going to be similar to Dark Universe but more child friendly lol.

nintendo switch GIF

Isn’t every land a big dead end anyway? What’s wrong with getting a little dead endier?
Berk and Monsters are essentially giant circles with one entrance/exit, and Paris is a T shape. Luigi's Mansion could wind up being pretty far from the entrance of SNW if there's no way to loop back around. There's also the question of how guests would even know it was there. You can see the DK temple from the entrance of the Mario section and Mount Beanpole from inside DK, but Luigi's Mansion might not be visible from either.

I think the biggest thing lacking in Epic's lineup is a couple more solid water rides. Fyre Drill is a good start but shouldn't be the only one. An indoor one that can continue operating in the rain would be nice, as well as a large flume ride with an attractive outdoor drop. Creature From the Black Lagoon could take on either of these approaches and work successfully.

Otherwise, I think it still feels weird Ministry will only open with the one ride and the theatre show. I'm not particularly a huge Potter fan but I still think it would be nice to have a family dark ride on the scale of Secret Life of Pets. Have it focus on Newt's creatures and do a lot of physical scenes making funny visual gags.

Is there an approximate timeline for Luigi's? I think it would be nice to start on about a year after EU opening but I wonder if their hands will be too full with everything rumored for USF.

I mean... not really? Luigi's Mansion definitely a part of the "mario" world but it is it's own thing. The tone/vibes of LM would also be very different to the Mushroom Kingdom part of SNW so I don't think it would be weird at all. It's basically going to be similar to Dark Universe but more child friendly lol.

nintendo switch GIF

I'm hoping it's universal's answer to haunted mansion. I may be in the minority but I would prefer a state of the art update to that style of ride vs another shooter like MIB/Buzz. I know Monsters Unchained is probably already their answer to it but I enjoy spooky houses so much that I wouldn't mind another one based on this IP. Hey, it’s why I love HHN so much.

Berk and Monsters are essentially giant circles with one entrance/exit, and Paris is a T shape. Luigi's Mansion could wind up being pretty far from the entrance of SNW if there's no way to loop back around. There's also the question of how guests would even know it was there. You can see the DK temple from the entrance of the Mario section and Mount Beanpole from inside DK, but Luigi's Mansion might not be visible from either.
They should eirher create a loop going from Mario to DK to LM then back to Mario or use Luigi's Mansion as a thematic buffer zone connecting Nintendo and the Dark Universe.