Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From Disney Parks Blog

All in the Details: The Romance of the Rose Gallery in Be Our Guest Restaurant in New Fantasyland​
Last week, we offered a look inside The West Wing dining room at Be Our Guest Restaurant, which is coming soon to New Fantasyland. This week, let’s head the other direction and take a glimpse into another dining room – The Rose Gallery.

iHOLFJ565NkxF.jpg

According to our friends at Walt Disney Imagineering, this dining room (one of three total) is a formal gallery that that is complete with artwork that celebrates Belle, Beast and their extended enchanted family, including Lumiere, Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts, Chip and Maurice.

iqHcAVYvVpwO3.jpg

The centerpiece of the room is a lovely seven-foot-tall music box (including the base) of Belle and Beast that swirls about and plays actual music box music. According to our friends at Walt Disney Imagineering, the storyline behind this magical music box is that it was carved by Maurice, Belle’s father, to celebrate the couple’s love. Guests who visit Maurice’s Cottage for the Enchanted Tales With Belle attraction can even see the maquette and drawings he used to build this music box.

When visiting The Rose Gallery dining room, be sure to check out the amazing rose chandelier, which sits just above the music box, and be on the lookout for tiny rose details, like the roses carved into the room’s banquette.

Additionally, Epcyclopedia posted about how the trial runs of Be Our Guest have been going, as well as the NextGen methods of the lunch option.....

Electronic RFID Enchanted Roses and Things Gone Wrong at Be Our Guest Restaurant
Disney recently revealed their plans to have the Be Our Guest restaurant make extensive use of their new RFID systems for the lunch period.

i1l9VJ8QDgSyC.jpg

Guests visiting the location for the quick-service lunch will be handed an RFID rose the size of a hockey puck. This rose will function as a group identifier for the guest’s order and track their party as they travel through the restaurant. Guests will first take their rose to the ordering kiosk – tap the Mickey head of the rose to the Mickey head of the sales kiosk (lower left of photo) to identify themselves to the system.

Then they will use the touch screen to complete their full order if paying with credit, giftcard, or a Disney dining plan. They will then go to a self-service beverage area and then be seated in the dining hall with their rose-at-hand. The rose will identify to the servers who bring the food to the tables where the party has chosen to sit and thus the food will be delivered in a timely and seemingly magical manner to the proper location.

Guests choosing to pay with cash or vouchers will have the option of going through the same process with a pair of cash registers located in the same gallery as the rose-encoding kiosks. Also, with the way the system works, once RFID wristband ticket media is up and functioning the roses-pucks themselves will not be needed and guests can merely scan their wristband when placing their order instead of the rose-puck.

As charming as this is, Be Our Guest has already begun to run into some major issues during their few test dining periods. The building was designed and redesigned hastily during the construction process with the interior locations being reworked and the type of service the restaurant would offer – both full and quick service – changing more than once during the construction period. This had led to the kitchen being smaller than needed and the workers utterly frustrated with the situation. There’s no place to store hot prepared foods and everything else is choked by a lack of proper workspace. The 580-something seat location is strained because it has a kitchen equipped to serve far less than that.

For the time being, Disney having their staff work late into night “rehearsing” workarounds to the problems caused by the improperly designed facilities. Early test meals have been, at best, a small fiasco with food coming out wrong, taking forever, and not being properly prepared or even served with the right accompaniments. Thankfully this is what testing is designed for and hopefully something can be worked out – or rebuilt – lest the staff be forced to endure all night rehearsals of choreographing movement in the wonky space

EDIT: And the vandalism begins........

From @Exprcoofto

Someone ripped off a starfish in the Mermaid queue.

ibwQkso7Ufxq4M.jpg

Last edited:
Apparently employees' Instagram photos are eligible for a Disney Parks Blog post...... :blank:

A Beast in His Lair at Magic Kingdom Park
Last week we had the opportunity to photograph Beast in front of his castle in New Fantasyland for a film shoot. I took this shot in-between takes and I just had to share it with you. As you can see, sometimes you don’t even need to see the whole character to tell a pretty cool story with a photo.

ibWXK5jRYZv8T.jpg

WDW News Today posted a photo update of the new restrooms and mine train coaster:

i38motMO4hmst.jpg

ibtqESE0E5KtGC.jpg

iPhPFAYdFRNzR.jpg

i0hX4glpq0Xcq.jpg

ibxpEAhbQJwTrN.jpg

Lastly, the following video does a pretty sufficient job of explaining the quick service routine for Be Our Guest:

[video=youtube;fwa5LEmRJtI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=fwa5LEmRJtI[/video]

Last edited:
Quick construction update from @bioreconstruct:

Current state of the Small World to Haunted Mansion new walkway buildings and the WDW Magic Kingdom park.

ibdcIEm5ApnTy8.jpg

Workers fill in ribs of the tallest roof of the buildings replacing the old Skyway station in the WDW Magic Kingdom.

iCQkgiJjpSe7E.jpg

Reverse side of Dwarfs Mine Train mountain, see next Tweet for zoomed in detail

i6h6Xz6PjhIPS.jpg

Rock work mesh for the interior of the Dwarfs Mine Train. This area might be load/unload, but could be anything.

ibfpcJ7lm6Yv4n.jpg

A look at the Be Our Guest lunchtime menu from Mousesteps:

i4bICG8bnzJs8.jpg

i6qjTM4GoPKCs.jpg

iWviLux0d9be4.jpg

ibocNPnjqTOG0h.jpg

ib1coe9iDIrj1i.jpg

iXyLqfxVCfqR0.jpg

i8u6ICQnbrRAv.jpg

@Schmoofy posted a photo gallery of their Be Our Guest experience: http://imgur.com/a/O7iEZ#0

BOOZE!.....

Chimay Blue Beer, Belgium:

ilBkRa6rR3UPm.jpg

La Fleur d'Or Dessert Wine, Sauternes:

ieO7QmIFNIMKm.jpg

On to the Food.....

Garden Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette:

iAv24Yf4p3kJu.jpg

Mussels Provencal:

iKKxQC4b3aWxl.jpg

Grilled Strip Steak:

ibxBOdWGZXQ3nO.jpg

Layered Ratatouille:

imVQToaEhJpzR.jpg

Sautéed Shrimp and Scallops:

ibhmVc6af0n59d.jpg

Pan-seared Salmon on Leek Fondue:

ibpc93EoEWJLrD.jpg

Rotisserie Rock Hen:

ijbIdbBPGMIH0.jpg

Chocolate Cream Puff:

i9IsR7nVsIqii.jpg

Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake:

ibvc3gkYDnhMvk.jpg

The Grey Stuff:

izeVaaknLMG9F.jpg

Lastly, from Disney Parks Blog

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea History Is Celebrated at New Fantasyland Event
As Imagineer Chris Beatty recently mentioned during our live chat on New Fantasyland, our Imagineers not only bring Disney magic to life in the form of wonderful attractions, but they’re also huge fans of Disney history. I don’t think anything demonstrates this more than the event Walt Disney Imagineering led yesterday in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park.

Many of you may recognize that the area occupied by the new Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid attraction was formerly the location of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, an attraction that closed in 1994. Here’s the surprise: Before 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea was dismantled, our Imagineers saved some of the attraction’s water in carefully labeled bottles and kept them safe at their Florida headquarters for the past 18 years.

Yesterday, those bottles were opened for the first time. In this video, watch as Imagineer Chris Kelly leads a small group of bloggers in returning a piece of the past to New Fantasyland – simply amazing!

[video=youtube;jbuNt4xg9Ws]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbuNt4xg9Ws[/video]​

The Grey Stuff pictured was definitely already partially eaten. It comes out all fancy and fresh from a fairly wide frosting tip from what I've been able to tell. I've also heard that its rather delicious. It all smells amazing, and if you like cream cheese, the strawberry cupcake is amazingly delicious. A lot of people have been raving about the triple chocolate cupcake. I may or may not have already experienced lunch and dinner service... :look: :-X

Vandalized...already? ...smh...it's just a starfish nothing special :shrug:

Doesn't look vandalized, looks like it was professionally removed, possibly by Disney for repairs or updating. We are in test & adjust. ;)

Hatetofly EDIT: Reason Below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops, while we're very open and accepting to posting links and photos from other sites. We do not tolerate links, photos, or quotes from that site no matter what it is. We love to give credit to other sites for info, updates, and photos just like most others do, but that site steals info on a daily basis and recycles it as its own.

This is just a friendly reminder that's all, no big deal. :thumbs:

Oops, while we're very open and accepting to posting links and photos from other sites. We do not tolerate links, photos, or quotes from that site no matter what it is. We love to give credit to other sites for info, updates, and photos just like most others do, but that site steals info on a daily basis and recycles it as its own.

This is just a friendly reminder that's all, no big deal. :thumbs:

Oops yeah, sorry. I blame the hangover....