Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sounds to me like Disney may be trying to hype the previews a bit...

Attractions Magazine posted a video of a guided tour through Be Our Guest Restaurant:

[video=youtube;AeZOz59Vwcw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeZOz59Vwcw[/video]

^Yeah, only CM previews very recently. I've read that people have gone to MK thinking they would get into New Fantasyland because they saw things like "New Fantasyland now in previews!" all over the internet, only to be turned away saying that the general public was not allowed in that particular day.

Well just got back from the park and previews were definetely going on, we just got to the front entrance around 10 and it was wide open little mermaid was 20 mins. Something I saw that caught my attention was the park closed at 12 and there was a line for story times with belle but at 12 they closed and asked everyone in line to leave. idk if it was a technical issue but I thought that once your inline normally you will be allowed in even after the park closes as long as you were in line before park close time. Lots of angry people leaving afterwards :blank:

Last edited:
Well just got back from the park and previews were definetely going on, we just got to the front entrance around 10 and it was wide open little mermaid was 20 mins. Something I saw that caught my attention was the park closed at 12 and there was a line for story times with belle but at 12 they closed and asked everyone in line to leave. idk if it was a technical issue but I thought that once your inline normally you will be allowed in even after the park closes as long as you were in line before park close time. Lots of angry people leaving afterwards :blank:

If it's noted as tech rehearsals/previews, then Disney can do as they please without warning, given the understood nature of the situation.

If it's noted as tech rehearsals/previews, then Disney can do as they please without warning, given the understood nature of the situation.

True was just wondering if this is gonna be a regular thing since story times with belle isn't a traditional attraction. Will they have to tend to all the people in line regularly because if the line is gonna be as long as tonight I see belle pulling overtime

True was just wondering if this is gonna be a regular thing since story times with belle isn't a traditional attraction. Will they have to tend to all the people in line regularly because if the line is gonna be as long as tonight I see belle pulling overtime

It'll probably close an hour/half hour before whatever time the park closes that day.

I heard they closed it for cast previews now? Like for me, I am a pass holder and I did not get to go in the past two weeks so I have to wait for these previews.

Basically this. It was effectively "open" for a few days, but now with previews not any more, at least not on any sort of regular basis. Not saying a random tourist won't get lucky, but I wouldn't head over to MK with the intention of seeing it.

I'm surprised there hasn't been any sort of "#PotterWatch" for FLE.

Those quick service dishes look pretty gross. Not really what I was expecting. and the pommes frites look like regular fries. I thought they were gonna have garlic and cheese

Those quick service dishes look pretty gross. Not really what I was expecting. and the pommes frites look like regular fries. I thought they were gonna have garlic and cheese

It's because the photos were taken using actual dishes as served, inside the restaurant by a novice photographer (potentially on an iphone). Food photography is a highly specialized art in order to make it appetizing. Studio lighting, fake food, etc are all employed. What is photographed is not what's served to guests.

Regarding the fries, since BoG is going for a more traditional French Provincial menu, it makes sense there's no garlic and cheese. Classic pommes frites are seasoned only with a pinch of salt.

Last night at MNSSHP, they were letting people in (I'm sorry if this has been mentioned already). Definitely a cool expansion but not worth the wait. And the huge construction site of the roller coaster smack dab in the middle of it ruins any immersion they were aiming for.

Don't know if this has been pointed out but I was on Little Mermaid today and triton's beard is now hair and the background for kiss the girl is better lit like the DCA version.

Don't know if this has been pointed out but I was on Little Mermaid today and triton's beard is now hair and the background for kiss the girl is better lit like the DCA version.
THANK GOD. Especially about Triton's beard. The ride is plastic-y enough and the plastic beard just looked stupid.

Newest issue of Eyes and Ears

Just thought I would bring this up since my roommate brought me home a copy of the latest Eyes and Ears. That whole issue especially the wrap around cover feels way too Potteresque for my taste. Id you thought the map on the announcement site page was ripping off Potter wait until you see this. I'm all for competition in theme parks because it breeds creativity but IMHO this is out right infringement on the Harry Potter franchise and I find it deplorable that a company that I used to support 100 percent would stoop to a level this low and publish this. Before all the Disney fanboys start posting snarky commenta like "it's just a slight resemblence" and the new fantasyland is supposed to be an older fantasyland ...that's why they went this direction...:blah: if Universal had attempted to shadow any promotional art that Disney had released y'all would be up in arms with your panties all twisted around screaming Universal is a company full of blasphemers.