Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
After finally going I have some bullet points to make about my thoughts overall.

-Belle's Enchanted Tale's is by far the best thing at New Fantasyland. I was more impressed with it than Olivander's, but you could tell it drew serious inspiration from it. I was picked to be 'Chip' and to those who argued "Adults won't be included", I'm a 21 year old male, and they offered more parts to people if someone wanted one who didn't get it.

-The mirror @)(#*@)(* AMAZING

-Little Mermaid...underwhelming. I felt like the ride ended abruptly. Right when the ride should be getting good it ended. I felt like large parts of the story were missing, because they were and it felt convoluted.

-Gaston's character, was spot on. Not sure if anyone else can vouch for this, or maybe we just got a good Gaston, but he seemed really funny. I hope all of them are that funny. I also liked he was just a character walking around and not a Meet and Greet. I think they should have more characters of the sort.

-LaFou's Brew. Eh.....more refreshing than Butterbeer. I wouldn't say it's more tasty though. Leaves a lot to be desired. If you get a big sip of the marshmallow flavor it turns you off for a while.

-Gaston's Tavern. Was pretty cool. However, it seriously lacked seating. It definitely has more than the bar side of 3 Broom Sticks, but 3 Broom Sticks also has significantly more outside seating.

-Be Our Guest. I barely got to see. They were only taking for Dinner, and while I could have afforded and ate there it was not my top priority.

TL;DR Belle's Enchanted Tale's a Show/Meet and Greet is the best thing in New Fantasyland.

Just thought I would bring this up since my roommate brought me home a copy of the latest Eyes and Ears. That whole issue especially the wrap around cover feels way too Potteresque for my taste. Id you thought the map on the announcement site page was ripping off Potter wait until you see this. I'm all for competition in theme parks because it breeds creativity but IMHO this is out right infringement on the Harry Potter franchise and I find it deplorable that a company that I used to support 100 percent would stoop to a level this low and publish this. Before all the Disney fanboys start posting snarky commenta like "it's just a slight resemblence" and the new fantasyland is supposed to be an older fantasyland ...that's why they went this direction...:blah: if Universal had attempted to shadow any promotional art that Disney had released y'all would be up in arms with your panties all twisted around screaming Universal is a company full of blasphemers.

I don't think anyone would be "up in arms" over Universal ripping off Disney for a measly TM mgazine that nobody cares about. Universal is well known to have copied many many elements of their park from Disney and nobody get's "up in arms" about it. People may be quick to point out "hey, Universal has been doing this kind of thing since day one" but what you likely won't here is "WHAT?! Universal ripped off of Fastpass, Photopass, pintrading, etc. Blasphemy!!'' Disney was a model than a lot of parks followed. Finally Universal has something worth imitating. That's a great thing.

Got to eat at Be Our Guest and it was wonderful. Had the ratatouile and really enjoyed it. Wish I could have eaten in the west wing because it's probably the coolest dining room I've ever seen. I really wish that they would have the grey stuff as a regular item and not just for special events. And I also think that Little Mermaid may be moving up as my favorite fantasyland ride. Seven times in one day and still would want to go again.

I think its good that they have actual restaurant in MK because currently the food choices are awful.

Their food choices aren't awful for quick service. I Looove Columbia Harbor House, Caseys, and Sleepy Hollow for quick-grabs. Liberty Tree has great food and Tony's is alright but the prices aren't superb and that's really the heart of my complaints.

I love eating at the place in Frontierland..Pecos Bill or something like that? Sorry haven't been in a while but I love the huge taco salad with the burger topping bar.

Their food choices aren't awful for quick service. I Looove Columbia Harbor House, Caseys, and Sleepy Hollow for quick-grabs. Liberty Tree has great food and Tony's is alright but the prices aren't superb and that's really the heart of my complaints.

Columbia House is one of my favorites.

Was New Fantasyland open during the Halloween Party? The only way I'll see the expansion now is if they do that during the Christmas Party. Going the 15th and would like to set expectations.

I meant more for table service. Liberty tree is okay but not much available. Tony's was not so good, sub par italian food.

Liberty Tree is basically Thanksgiving dinner. And I love that. When I ate at Tony's (granted, this was four or more years back) it didn't taste subpar to me, it just was more steep than it ought to have been.

I was able to attend a CM preview of FLE last Monday, thanks to a co-worker. We actually spent 4 hours back there, and it will probably be the only chance I'll have to see it when it's quiet and not over-run with tourists and annoying children. Here's the review:

It is a really beautiful part of the park, with nice wide open spaces that most of the MK seriously lacks. Are they trying "rip off" WWoHP in some ways? Oh, you bet they are! So first thing we did was LM.

The queue area of LM was beautiful and fascinating, and for some reason, reminded me of Mythos on the outside. Loved Scuttle and all the treasure. The ride was a really big disappointment. The AA are cheesy and cheap looking, with the exception of the big Ursula. I think Ariel looked really odd in every version; her face just wasn't right and I can't quite put my finger on what was wrong, other than it didn't really look like her. The Under The Sea room has "a lot going on", as my friend stated, and the ending did seem abrupt, and the dying/screaming Ursula off to the right was laughable. I wouldn't wait more than 10 or so minutes to ride this, ever.

This was the first day BOG was open for dining, so of course, we chose to eat lunch there. B&B is my favorite Disney movie, and in my top 5 favorite movies of all time, so I was mighty impressed with the detailing inside. It rivals Potter for sure. I was impressed with the menu choices for both lunch and dinner (a server managed to procure a menu for us), and liked the French theme and healthier options. The ordering and delivery systems, however, are sure to cause HUGE waits and angry guests. There doesn't seem to be an organized manner to get people to an open kiosk to order, and delivering every table's food in those carts, while a grand idea and fitting with the theme, is terribly inefficient. I can see hour long waits from the time you walk in to the time you actually get your food. The beverage stations and silverware/napkins were not particularly easy to find. Let's get to the food quality. Pretty impressed, and I generally think Disney food outside of Epcot is mediocre at best. However, the croque monsieur were not prepared in the classic French way, open faced with bechamel. It looked like a grilled ham and cheese sandwich. My quinoa salad was tasty, but had no discernible beets or beet flavor, which is why I ordered it. Cupcakes are more American than French, and the creme puffs appeared to be made with puff pastry instead of pate choux. The music was too loud, and the music box music kind of got on my nerves after a while. My companions also said the men's room was really small. I would love to try dinner here, but that is unlikely because I'll never get the hubby to plan a dinner 6 months out.

Enchanted Tales with Belle were, well, enchanting, with the best AA in the area. Again, I expect long lines, but kind of worth it for the mirror effect and something different than your regular meet and greet. And yes, they do pick adults to be in the little show. Some people are sure to be disappointed when they find out you don't get a photo with Belle if you aren't in the play, and I thought our Belle played her as being too coy, and Belle is not coy.

Ariel's Grotto-we had a great Ariel, but I would never wait here again. Not into Meet and Greets, and I think that queue will be horrendously hot in the summer, with no fans or misters.

Gaston's Tavern-another disappointment. REALLY small, only about 15 tables, and even though the theming is pretty good, the menu is so limited. One of my companions that day said it is essentially a turkey leg cart inside. LeFou's brew is most definitely a rip of Butterbeer, but I preferred it. I hate Butterbeer, but I found LeFou's refreshing. However, I would drop that marshmallow topping. If they do, more people will like it, and it won't be compared to Butterbeer as much. The cups are another story-cheap, Wal-Mart looking crap! One of the mugs had one sticker with a bubble in it, and the other sticker was off-center, and that was the 2nd one he got because the first one was messed up. They are ugly, and they look like something you'd buy at Dollar Tree. They could definitely have done better.

Gift shop-too small, not enough selection, and that portrait is tacky. Not impressed.

The Circus gift shop was amazing in it's themeing, however. We didn't bother with the meet and greets here, and my, but that's an elaborate set-up for Fast Pass distribution.

I would like to know what is taking so long to build a damn roller coaster? Over 2 years? Universal will have ripped down a building and built a new, E-ticket ride attraction in half the time it is taking Disney to build the SDMT. Ridiculous. The Amity replacement will probably be done in less time. This better be the best damn kiddie coaster ever.