Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm not a Potter fan, and haven't seen any photos from Gaston's.....but isn't a tavern going to look like a tavern? Don't understand why it matters :shrug:

I'm not a Potter fan, and haven't seen any photos from Gaston's.....but isn't a tavern going to look like a tavern? Don't understand why it matters :shrug:

Sticking your nose where it doesn't belong JT? :lol:

It's not really a criticism that they have the same feel. Just that it does. Can't fault Gaston's since that's what the tavern looked like in the movie.

Its for a new show it seems, possibly for a daytime show replacing the current celebration that goes on in the hub.

Or, it's just a display of tech to pacify detractors who think that Disney has lost a step in the O-Town market that just happens to be hosting IAAPA this week.

When this flying dragon was spotted in California, there were insiders who claimed this was not for any Florida park. Now it appears it may be for new Fantasyland. Interesting. Random yes, but interesting.

When this flying dragon was spotted in California, there were insiders who claimed this was not for any Florida park. Now it appears it may be for new Fantasyland. Interesting. Random yes, but interesting.

It may just appear in a Florida park like Muppet Mobile Labs did....

I've heard that it will not be there all the time. I do not know what that means, either it's a one day or one year thing, I don't know. Gut feeling is don't expect a daily show or event based on this.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
I had a CM practically beg me to go into Storyrtime with Belle yesterday morning during my preview. As I walked by to check out LM she kept trying to sell me on the idea of going to see it. I finally told her I have already seen it, which I havent, but she kept saying its different every time and :blah: I just said no thank you and went on mermaid and left the area after a few pictures

Antlers. Large barrels (hogs heads, to use the archaic term) of "beer" that isn't really beer, with taps. Lots of dark wood. A large round table in the corner.

So what you're saying is that it looks like a tavern? :rolleyes: Broomsticks/Hogshead is an dim, English, weathered and grimy dump of a place. Gaston's is a cheery and well lit 18th century swag house with dartboards, arrow targets, and french country architecture. They don't look the same outside or inside.

...Cool dragon! Don't quite understand it's place between the princess castles, but it looks cool.

Last edited:
So what you're saying is that it looks like a tavern? :rolleyes: Broomsticks/Hogshead is an dim, English, weathered and grimy dump of a place. Gaston's is a cheery and well lit 18th century swag house with dartboards, arrow targets, and french country architecture. They don't look the same outside or inside.

I'm with you in theory, but in execution ... Gaton's feels nothing like the cheery, well-lit tavern in the movie, it feels like the Hogs Head from HP3 or whichever one (trust me, I'm more a Disney animation mark than a Potter mark). That goes back to my criticism in my review. Do the Jungle Cruise and Kilimanjaro Safaris have a lot of similarities? Of course. But they each maintain their own identity/"feel." Gastons and the Mermaid queue are Animal Kingdom theming hiding out in Fantasyland.

I tried to find a good gif of David Tennant saying what, but found nothing. So..

WHAT?!????!

I vindicate you!

tumblr_m7ev5zZTA41r8gvi9o2_1280.gif