Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 76 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sorry, I must've missed the memo. I thought there wasn't any official word on when 7DMT would open, and thought it'd be totally doable and possible for this to open in 2013 :shrug: The fact this is opening on the second quarter of 2014... is just obscene.

Is that 2Q in Disney time, or 2Q in general? If its 2Q in terms of Disney financials, that means just after the 2013 holiday season/New Years. If its the general financial 2Q then it will be April or later. Disney starts/ends its financial years in October.

A whole year from now almost until the coaster opens. Just sickening how long they are milking this ride.

Yup, since construction started I have had 2 trips, another 1 booked and 1 in the planning stages yet I will still need another trip if I want to ride this thing. My Daughter is growing up quicker than they are building :bang:

A whole year from now almost until the coaster opens. Just sickening how long they are milking this ride.

It's a damn shame Disney higher ups don't understand the importance of having this ride opened for this summer and completing FLE. I read on these boards everyday and understand the finical aspect of why they will hold off until 2014, but that still doesn't make it right. Too much time has been taken in making the FLE a finished product and the guests deserve better, imo. I'm just amazed how fast Universal went from tearing down a sound stage to making Transformers a finished product, yet I keep seeing the snail pace Disney is moving at and it doesn't make sense. For far too long WDW has rested on their rears and let a lot of what's in their parks get stale and here Universals which was considered a 2nd rate park compared to Disney's offerings, is moving right along building all kinds of new offerings.

It's a damn shame Disney higher ups don't understand the importance of having this ride opened for this summer and completing FLE. I read on these boards everyday and understand the finical aspect of why they will hold off until 2014, but that still doesn't make it right..

They need to point and say "Look! The last attraction at the magic kingdom opened in 2014!" instead of 2013, because lord knows it'll be another ten years before we see anything new at the magic kingdom.

Yup, since construction started I have had 2 trips, another 1 booked and 1 in the planning stages yet I will still need another trip if I want to ride this thing. My Daughter is growing up quicker than they are building :bang:

The last E-Ticket built at the Magic Kingdom (1992; Splash Mountain) opened 4 years before my oldest daughter was born. She goes to college in the fall of 2014. They have not added an E-Ticket to the Magic Kingdom in her lifetime.

Just Sayin'

^ Actually a really good perspective to see it from..so far in my 19 year old life I saw IOA open (but not remember), rode Hanna Barbera, Jimmy Neutron and Despicable Me, Kong and Mummy, Jaws, saw MiB open, saw WWoHP open, saw Shrek open, saw the Ghostbusters and Twister show, rode BttF and Simpsons, and saw Rockit open. Not to mention there has been more to happen than just that.