Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 89 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Uh no offense to that photographer but I think Disney may want to start scouting for some photographers on these boards. There are several members here that can take a much better photograph, especially night shots than those. :thumbs:

Uh no offense to that photographer but I think Disney may want to start scouting for some photographers on these boards. There are several members here that can take a much better photograph, especially night shots than those. :thumbs:

I thought the same thing when I saw those photos :lol: Although they did give me some composition ideas for next time I visits

I will admit the addition does look pretty nice and I really like the hanging lights.

Why??????? :doh:

From @scarlettashley1

There’s a photo pass photographer at the Tangled Bathrooms now.

i1qsX2FmwHU6T.jpg

ha..the photo pass people are too much. I bet they try to stop people on the way to the bathrroom all the time.

Sir can I take your photo?
No, I have to take a ****.

It is a really nice rest area. Too nice, really. It'll probably confuse some. It was bad enough seeing average American families stopping at various locations in New Fantasyland obviously looking for a ride. In front of Belle's: "What's this?" "A walk-through." In front of Be Our Guest: "What's this?" "A restaurant." And now in front of Tangled: "What's this?" "Our new #1 and #2 attraction in the park."

It is a really nice rest area. Too nice, really. It'll probably confuse some. It was bad enough seeing average American families stopping at various locations in New Fantasyland obviously looking for a ride. In front of Belle's: "What's this?" "A walk-through." In front of Be Our Guest: "What's this?" "A restaurant." And now in front of Tangled: "What's this?" "Our new #1 and #2 attraction in the park."

:lol:

Walt Disney World is popular because of 2 things.

The name

The reputation for being "magical"

and TDO will run on that as long as their greedy, green eyed, egotistical attitudes allow them to either that or when their parks are almost dead....idk..kinda like splash mountain

This is why people think some of you are "trolls"..although I've been called a "fanboy" for being one of the few people on this forum that sticks up for Disney occasionally. SO whatever, its' all just opinion. Though I question how much of your opinion is in reality with statements like this.

Disney is popular because it's a fun place to visit for a LOT of people. Plain and simple.
Do their attractions appeal to young families opposed to late teens and 20 somethings? Yes.
Do they rely a lot on nostalgia business? Yes.
Have they spent more time and money building their resort then updating their parks? Yes.
Does this make Disney a terrible theme park/resort to visit? No.

Disney is still the number one tourist attraction in Orlando for very good reason. They are a very very well oiled machine. As mentioned earlier in this thread, they have the "vacation resort" experience down pat. It's something that Universal Orlando is trying to replicate as well. Disney has thought of everything, every detail.

I'll give you a perfect example from my recent trip.
Due to my daughter wearing her birthday button, almost every employee, character, and even people in that parade wished her a happy birthday.
There is literally something going on at all times in the park, wether it be the opening ceremony, the entrance of the mayor(?) to mainstreet, the lowering of the flag at dusk with the national anthem, street performers, the many many character meet and greets, the multiple parades, castle shows, fireworks, etc. You could literaty not go on ANY rides and be entertained.
That's the "magic" experience that you feel at Disney. It operates like no other theme park I've been too.
It's much more of an "expereicne" then Universal Orlando is. They do not even come close in my opinion, and I have been to both parks considerably more in the past decade.
On a final note..
A month after we returned from our vacation, we were sent a "Thank you card" from Disney with all the characters signatures. It's small touches like this that put them above the competition.

Someone brought up Springfiled earlier...so we are getting some extra places to eat and drink, and possibly a new spinner? And this is such a great expansion? I understand the love for the Simpsons brand, and I want a Flaming Moe/Homer too, but the overall enthusiasm over there, compared to the general disgust and cyncism over here just further proves the point that this is really a Universal Orlando message board, with other theme park related news as an afterthought.

Now I'm completely fine with that, as Universal is building amazing things, and I look forward to progress every day on this site, but to try and deny that is really really silly. This forum is not "fair and balanced" in any sense.

This is why people think some of you are "trolls"..although I've been called a "fanboy" for being one of the few people on this forum that sticks up for Disney occasionally. SO whatever, its' all just opinion. Though I question how much of your opinion is in reality with statements like this.

Disney is popular because it's a fun place to visit for a LOT of people. Plain and simple.
Do their attractions appeal to young families opposed to late teens and 20 somethings? Yes.
Have they spent more time and money building their resort then updating their parks? Yes.

Disney is still the number one tourist attraction in Orlando for very good reason. They are a very very well oiled machine. As mentioned earlier in this thread, they have the "vacation resort" experience down pat. It's something that Universal Orlando is trying to replicate as well. Disney has thought of everything, every detail.

Due to my daughter wearing her birthday button, almost every employee, character, and even people in that parade wished her a happy birthday.
There is literally something going on at all times in the park, wether it be the opening ceremony, the entrance of the mayor(?) to mainstreet, the lowering of the flag at dusk with the national anthem, street performers, the many many character meet and greets, the multiple parades, castle shows, fireworks, etc. You could literaty not go on ANY rides and be entertained.
That's the "magic" experience that you feel at Disney. It operates like no other theme park I've been too.
It's much more of an "expereicne" then Universal Orlando is. They do not even come close in my opinion, and I have been to both parks considerably more in the past decade.
On a final note..
A month after we returned from our vacation, we were sent a "Thank you card" from Disney with all the characters signatures. It's small touches like this that put them above the competition.

Someone brought up Springfiled earlier...so we are getting some extra places to eat and drink, and possibly a new spinner? And this is such a great expansion? I understand the love for the Simpsons brand, and I want a Flaming Moe/Homer too, but the overall enthusiasm over there, compared to the general disgust and cyncism over here just further proves the point that this is really a Universal Orlando message board, with other theme park related news as an afterthought.

Now I'm completely fine with that, as Universal is building amazing things, and I look forward to progress every day on this site, but to try and deny that is really really silly. This forum is not "fair and balanced" in any sense.

You've worded my exact thoughts and positions precisely wow

On a final note..

Nothing you stated is false, but it doesn't collide with things other people have said either. Did they spend more time on their parks? Yes, at one point they did, but that drive seems to have dwindled away. They got it to where it's at long ago, and they haven't done much to improve it since. I LOVE Disney, and I'm about to get a Disney pass because I do love that "magic", but Universal is working harder, and it should, it needs to get the name Disney has, even though it may probably never happen. And while some (few) people may just yell out stuff against Disney, most of the people here are not Disney haters, they just say it's gotten stale, and they've been enough times and seen everything to where they want to see Universals new projects.

On a final note..

Just to draw a metaphor to this, Bon Jovi is and has been one of, if not THE top touring act (when they are touring) for about 25 years now. Them, the Stones, etc are all well oiled machines at what they do at this point as well. Does that make them musically relevant still? Absolutely Not. They're successful touring because of past glory. Right now, Disney is just releasing CD after CD of the same old song and dance. Universal on the other hand is putting out an exciting record that is grabbing the attention of all who encounter it. Just because you put out an album doesn't mean it will garner rave reviews or achieve mainstream success. Universal is innovating. Disney is playing it safe.

Last edited:
To reply to rhino4evr without a quote taking up half of the page...

Many of us aren't claiming that Universal is exceeding what Disney has done, but rather that they're appealing to the future and setting the trend. I'll agree with you in saying that Disney still has that "magical" feeling. The problem lies in the fact that they're starting to stray farther and farther from what originally made them great. Sure, they'll throw in those little things like the birthday button and "thank you" card, but the fact remains that in-resort management and TDO have lost their way. They've become so concerned about daily figures and quarterly reports (thanks to the company becoming public) that guest satisfaction has taken the backseat recently.

What Disney needs to do is innovate. Not buy purchasing a $4 billion system that has never been tested before, but by investing in new attractions that get people really excited to come to the resort again. Sure, a Disney vacation is still a big deal, but how much more willing are those parents going to be to shell out cash when they see "NEW!" and "NOW OPEN" pinned to a picture of a high-tech attraction or area on the WDW website?

There's a lot of things that Disney CMs do that isn't replicated anywhere, yet. The real CMs hold their reputation closely to them and refuse to let management get in their way when it comes to how to treat guests. It's not their fault that the company has slid recently. Upper management isn't necessarily going to kill the company, because they can run on nostalgia alone for quite a while, but it'll make a dent.