Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 141 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Haven't been on here since June last year, so, hello.

This ride looks really beautiful and well done. I love the swaying motion. Are there going to be slow parts inside the mountain/cave/whatever it is with animatronics and things like that? I feel what BTMR lacks is theming like that.

Seriously, though, it took way to long to build this. If it isn't perfect, then I don't know what to say!

It truly is a beautiful ride but overall it's just blah appealing...

You'd think with how much money they've supposedly saved from spreading out the costs and stretching this out as far as possible that they could afford a few minimalistic AA's...

the dwarfs wont be AAs but projected on screens

I'm actually shocked if this is true.

I wonder if they are going to be attempting any sort of 'perspective shifting' to give the screens an impression of depth (like what Universal did with Transformer's and Spiderman, etc).

I have no issue with a ride using screens. It's all about how well they are utilized to create the illusion. Based on what I've seen from Disney (The Little Mermaid Ride, Toy Story Midway Mania, etc), I don't feel very confident about their ability to use screens effectively.

The fire on top of Little Mermaid the other day reminded me of something I had considered back when I first saw those new fake trees going in on top of Dwarf Mountain. Do you think the trees will be fire proof? And not because of firework debris either. Because being in Florida (lightning capital, USA) you know its only a matter of when, not if, those trees up there will get struck. You would think, considering their height, they would not only need to be fire resistant but also designed with integrated lightning rods.

the problem with screens, is that it kinda meshes poorly with the AA's (if there are any?!) Going from a cartoon to an AA kinda cheapens the ride to me.

Okay okay....I feel guilty about the statement I said earlier that their wouldn't be AA's but just screens. I dont like trolling and wont do it again. The only reason I said it was because I wanted to see how you guys would react to it. As expected, there is a bias between Disney and Universal. I would think that those higher up on these boards wouldn't be like that but guess not. It seems like nearly all of Universals rides are screens so I dont understand the joke. I hate rides that use mostly screens and dont have AA's.I positive that the dwarfs are gonna be AA's. And if they arn't AA's, there's nothing to laugh about because Universal does it all the time.

And here is an update of the faux grass meadow theming.

61.jpg

51.jpg

41.jpg

21.jpg

71.jpg

http://www.wdwfacts.com/2014/02/09/seven-dwarfs-mine-train-update-feb-9th-from-shutterbug-andy/

And lets bring in some old concept art just for the heck of it.

Seven_Dwarfs_Mine_Train_concept.jpg

minetrain.jpg

sevendwarfs1.jpg

seven-dwarfs-mine-train-interior1-550x345.jpg

I sometimes wonder how the 2009 version would have looked like
FantasylandExpansion.png

This is a newer one.
Mine-Train-CGI.jpg~original

And I feel like its kinda starting to look like this with the grass having little red flowers in it.

Last edited: