Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 151 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the vast majority of the people who go to Disney, go because they want to take their kids to Disney before they are XX years old and don't know anything about whats getting built or not getting built. For a lot of Families, Disney trips are once in a lifetime events and aren't based on construction schedules. They are based on cost, time they can go, and the kids. While that is something that can be changed by Disney never improving, or Universal completely blowing everyone away with new stuff, we are talking a generational, or multi-generational change. Not something thats going to change in a decade or two, or by a couple rides.

Reactions: IzzyB
I think the vast majority of the people who go to Disney, go because they want to take their kids to Disney before they are XX years old and don't know anything about whats getting built or not getting built. For a lot of Families, Disney trips are once in a lifetime events and aren't based on construction schedules. They are based on cost, time they can go, and the kids. While that is something that can be changed by Disney never improving, or Universal completely blowing everyone away with new stuff, we are talking a generational, or multi-generational change. Not something thats going to change in a decade or two, or by a couple rides.

Hmm never thought of it that way, I guess I used to be the same way just going whenever I could. It's so weird coming from a local who has seen Disney and universal transform multiple times that some people have no idea that new rides come out in this area yearly. Thanks for the perspective and sorry if I came off as ignorant

A lot more people know about this ride than you would think. If they've been to MK in the past 3 years, then they've seen it under construction.

13820383694_96c8321b0a_z.jpg

[video=youtube;C9COiX2p6_s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9COiX2p6_s[/video]

Nice picture and video. Looking good. I had a hard time telling if the cars with people in them were swinging more or less than the ones without people, but I could tell on certain corners that the cars were really swinging.

I'm really intrigued by the swinging, hopefully it won't be so violent but then again hopefully it won't be so tame and unnoticeable. Gotta wait to find out I guess

You guys do realize you are going back and forth and not even talking mentioning the real issue at hand? SDMT will be popular no matter what. But that's basically all this expansion was about. It wasn't about "HYPE" or whatever you want to say. It was always about adding capacity. With SDMT, Enchanted Tales, and LM along with BOG, they have done a great job of adding capacity back that was lost about 20 years ago. Look at what they did with dumbo and doubling the capacity (along with building a huge kiddy play area). Sure, they gained a bit more than what was in that area then, but Disney desperately needed capacity and that's what this was about. The rides were just ancillary to getting that done.

And even still, with the amount of people that visit MK, they are still hurting for capacity, which is why the hub expansion is currently going on.

Capacity is definitely an issue, even with these new rides. But you know the truth is that they could always just limit the tickets sold to avoid this issue...but that of course would mean loosing money..which they don't want

Capacity is definitely an issue, even with these new rides. But you know the truth is that they could always just limit the tickets sold to avoid this issue...but that of course would mean loosing money..which they don't want

When I went last week my god it was a mob scene. After 12 every line was scary long. 80 minutes for haunted mansion and 50 for magic carpets. It was a weekday mind you. I don't know if it's FF+ making people wait in line or something but man this Main Street hub can't come soon enough

Yep, call it a self imposed rat race, a catch-22. The MK is a businessman's horror show... a product that everyone wants, but cannot be delivered more successfully.

When I went last week my god it was a mob scene. After 12 every line was scary long. 80 minutes for haunted mansion and 50 for magic carpets. It was a weekday mind you. I don't know if it's FF+ making people wait in line or something but man this Main Street hub can't come soon enough

We are in peak Spring Break right now, it has and will always be crazy this time of year. I would go any summer day over peak spring break weeks.

Yeah my break was early so that didn't register XD, anyways I have a question, do you think they will use dwarf voice clips from the movie or get new audio?

WDI? Trainers? Dunno. But the normal frontline cast hasn't been trained yet. I think they're doing it this week

Trainers. There have been ops cast members cycling the ride for a while now. Like you said though, training for regular cast members is happening soon.