Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Keep in mind that in a big company sometimes things are not communicated efficiently. The landscaping department may just have a list of all the planters and a schedule to change things out-- not knowing that the planter they just filled is being removed or replaced. This kind of stuff happens all the time in parks...

Even more good news found by @salismetho:
Screen_Shot_2023-05-02_at_12.png

If this rumor about an 18th month construction timeline is true (And I believe it because that would sound about right for a project like this), assuming they start demo around early June, that would put it on track for a January 2025 opening or start of tech rehearsal.

If this rumor about an 18th month construction timeline is true (And I believe it because that would sound about right for a project like this), assuming they start demo around early June, that would put it on track for a January 2025 opening or start of tech rehearsal.
I hope it goes that fast but I'll assume next year has rain as well and push the ride back a few weeks.

Hope I'm wrong but just throwing it out there because of how many projects this year seemed to be affected by rain in Southern CA

I hope it goes that fast but I'll assume next year has rain as well and push the ride back a few weeks.

Hope I'm wrong but just throwing it out there because of how many projects this year seemed to be affected by rain in Southern CA

It's been a particularly rainy year. I think it's always a smart idea to pad project times for weather.

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
Simtec, on their website, doesn't advertise anything about roller coasters. They have divisions for flying theaters and driving simulators, as well as digital signage.
Fascinating to see where this goes.

Reactions: salismetho
Simtec, on their website, doesn't advertise anything about roller coasters. They have divisions for flying theaters and driving simulators, as well as digital signage.
Fascinating to see where this goes.
Haven’t they worked on rides that are at Futurescope in France? I bring them up because they have a roller coaster there that’s by Intamin that also has a rotation feature.

Haven’t they worked on rides that are at Futurescope in France? I bring them up because they have a roller coaster there that’s by Intamin that also has a rotation feature.
I'm assuming you're referring to Objectif Mars? Can't find a reference to Simtec working on that. Doesn't necessarily they didn't of course.

More importantly: it seems track fabrication is now underway for F&F, with the orange supports from the concept art now visible in strakotra. Interesting it seems the track may be blue in the process.

Screenshot_20230515_085542_Maps.jpg

Screenshot_20230515_085450_Maps.jpg

The white track is for SF's coaster for the Saudi Arabia park.
Is this Intamin track?