Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is this Intamin track?
Yup!

__
Also, from our very own @HydraGen2299
IMG_4054.jpg

IMG_4055.jpg

IMG_4056.jpg

Heard today that the park still hopes to open this ride next year…
That would be amazing but I feel like it will really depends on the weather. I'm seeing next year could have as much rain as this year and if true would be hard to get this done in under 18 months.

If they really push, I could see MAYBE a late Summer opening. I do think November would be more likely as it would have to be either late Summer or holiday next year. I can’t see a fall opening happening as that would clash with HHN.

^ Yes. I mean there would be no room for error, and perhaps not as immersively themed as we’re used to with Universal (think more Incredible Hulk than Velocicoaster).

But being down 2 attractions (possibly 3 by next year), I could understand the ambitious plans.

Reactions: BriefCasey
^ Yes. I mean there would be no room for error, and perhaps not as immersively themed as we’re used to with Universal (think more Incredible Hulk than Velocicoaster).

But being down 2 attractions (possibly 3 by next year), I could understand the ambitious plans.
I’m down for hulk level theming

Just to check everyone's expectations

I'm pretty sure at max this ride will have a themed launch and maybe ending room. I would not expect the hill or much else themed.

It will be a coaster on a hill, similar to Six Flags.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
Just to check everyone's expectations

I'm pretty sure at max this ride will have a themed launch and maybe ending room. I would not expect the hill or much else themed.

It will be a coaster on a hill, similar to Six Flags.
It themed to Fast and Furious, which is heavy on suburban/industrial design. Basically it allows for minimal theming. This is going to be a straight-up thrill coaster like Hulk or VelociCoaster and even then I think it will have a bit less ambitious theming than that.

Though the minimal theming will work to its advantage for a timeline, I foresee this opening Jan 2025. Early in the year seems to be par for the course of new theme park additions now.

Reactions: SkiBum
If they do manage to get this open next year, I'll be looking forward to seeing some pressure taken off of SNW earlier than what we thought. Wonder how things will look afterwards.

Nonetheless, I'm excited to see Hollywood get its own equivalent of VelociCoaster (or whichever this is most akin to) as a new form of thrill ride in the park.

What do we expect the trains to be? Will they go for a sleek black design, like Dom's Charger? Maybe different trains have different designs?

It themed to Fast and Furious, which is heavy on suburban/industrial design. Basically it allows for minimal theming. This is going to be a straight-up thrill coaster like Hulk or VelociCoaster and even then I think it will have a bit less ambitious theming than that.

Though the minimal theming will work to its advantage for a timeline, I foresee this opening Jan 2025. Early in the year seems to be par for the course of new theme park additions now.
I am just giving people a heads up because I saw a post about theming the hill

What do we expect the trains to be? Will they go for a sleek black design, like Dom's Charger? Maybe different trains have different designs?
Maybe a prototype supercar that we’re testing out? It sounds like there won’t be much room for story so that would check all of the “bare minimum” boxes.

Construction walls have arrived and now surround the Animal Actors Soundstage, also known as Stage 57.