Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That….makes a lot of sense. Welp.

Man, that title just reeks of “We need more moneys!”
Looks like 2024 will now be an off year. Hopefully 2025 is a one two punch for new additions for synergy. First you will have the F&F coaster alongside the final F&F movie. Also in 2025 you have the live action HTTYD movie coming out alongside the land at EU. Maybe to tie in with those things as well there can be a new film in DWT in the form of HTTYD.

Looks like 2024 will now be an off year. Hopefully 2025 is a one two punch for new additions for synergy. First you will have the F&F coaster alongside the final F&F movie. Also in 2025 you have the live action HTTYD movie coming out alongside the land at EU. Maybe to tie in with those things as well there can be a new film in DWT in the form of HTTYD.
I can’t really blame USH for having an off year next year. They can easily coast off the success of SNW.

That being said it would be nice to have something next year to hold us over. A new DWT film would be nice.

I can’t really blame USH for having an off year next year. They can easily coast off the success of SNW.

That being said it would be nice to have something next year to hold us over. A new DWT film would be nice.

On the plus-side there are ways they can incentivize regardless of a new attraction outright.

Updates to the Studio Tour in light of the new Creative Campus, expanding and upgrading seasonal entertainment offerings (like restoring Lunar New Year, upgrading HHN and Holiday's Offerings, or even starting up new events proper to compete with Boysenberry Food Festival/Food & Wine Festival); even stuff like new nighttime shows at Potter feel like easy wins that can tide things over until when they kick up the tires for 2025-2028 period.

I can easily see 2024 being a year of improvement and rehabilitation more than a year of adding something completely new.

As for Fast..I wonder if they're gonna take the production of FX2 to also do the ride filming for the queue videos. Like how they used Fate of The Furious plus Furious7 for the sake of getting actors onboard to film for the parks.

On the plus-side there are ways they can incentivize regardless of a new attraction outright.

Updates to the Studio Tour in light of the new Creative Campus, expanding and upgrading seasonal entertainment offerings (like restoring Lunar New Year, upgrading HHN and Holiday's Offerings, or even starting up new events proper to compete with Boysenberry Food Festival/Food & Wine Festival); even stuff like new nighttime shows at Potter feel like easy wins that can tide things over until when they kick up the tires for 2025-2028 period.

I can easily see 2024 being a year of improvement and rehabilitation more than a year of adding something completely new.

As for Fast..I wonder if they're gonna take the production of FX2 to also do the ride filming for the queue videos. Like how they used Fate of The Furious plus Furious7 for the sake of getting actors onboard to film for the parks.
And what was employed for the live action portions of Mission Breakout.

And what was employed for the live action portions of Mission Breakout.
Mmhmm.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (JWTR, Velocicoaster, Adventure), Guardians V2 & V3 (Mission Breakout & Cosmic Rewind), even Furious7 and Fate (both of them with Supercharged) all have had instances to where theme park production has co-aligned with studio production: to ease the costs of development and to synergize alongside the products coming out at the time.

Can easily see it be a case to where they can allow that of actors like Vin Diesel and Sung Kang to easily come in during the production of X-2 (Stealing this from @graspthesun) to come onboard and allow the ride to have the characters easily interplaced.

Mmhmm.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (JWTR, Velocicoaster, Adventure), Guardians V2 & V3 (Mission Breakout & Cosmic Rewind), even Furious7 and Fate (both of them with Supercharged) all have had instances to where theme park production has co-aligned with studio production: to ease the costs of development and to synergize alongside the products coming out at the time.

Can easily see it be a case to where they can allow that of actors like Vin Diesel and Sung Kang to easily come in during the production of X-2 (Stealing this from @graspthesun) to come onboard and allow the ride to have the characters easily interplaced.
I mean it's a thrill coaster so all you need is some of the cast for a pre-show/queue video. You really don't need too much cast either, so especially with Vin Diesel having a ton of ownership on the franchise, he should be easy to put in the attraction and then maybe a few others.

Since it is probably mostly going to be queue video and maybe a launch sequence where video is used, it would honestly be fairly easy to do even if they had to do it outside of a movie filming schedule since it's basically going to be whoever in costume playing off a green screen. The only reason it helps to do these things during movie shooting is because the cast already have their schedules cleared for shooting the movie so you know you'll be able to get them for the ride if you want, too.

I doubt they do it but a cool launching sequence for this ride would be your coaster turning from the loading station into where you launch and its inside and dressed like a street race with two cars next to you and when you launch they also go forward

But more likely we will have you go to the launch station and it it be screens or the holo tech in Supercharged and then at the end of the ride having some sort of thing where you win the race are apart of the family now

So assuming this coaster does indeed get built, will there still be space for a F&F merch shop as well as a new restaurant? In the F&F movies, they'd always feature BBQ cookouts, so I think a BBQ joint would be a good addition to USH.

So assuming this coaster does indeed get built, will there still be space for a F&F merch shop as well as a new restaurant? In the F&F movies, they'd always feature BBQ cookouts, so I think a BBQ joint would be a good addition to USH.
I'm sure they will have a little gift shop at the end of the ride.

As for food unless they take out Duff Gardens (please dont) then I doubt it unless its a little quick service stand. Or they could remove the French quick service place and theme it to FF but doubt that, there is also a Mexican restaurant across from where the ride will be and also doubt it goes but would not mind it being rethemed because at least when I've eaten there it tastes like some of the worst Mexican food I've ever had.

I'm sure they will have a little gift shop at the end of the ride.

As for food unless they take out Duff Gardens (please dont) then I doubt it unless its a little quick service stand. Or they could remove the French quick service place and theme it to FF but doubt that, there is also a Mexican restaurant across from where the ride will be and also doubt it goes but would not mind it being rethemed because at least when I've eaten there it tastes like some of the worst Mexican food I've ever had.
Yeah if they put a BBQ place in the park, have it go where that Mexican place is at the plaza. The food there is sad. Those birria tacos were some of the driest I’ve ever had. I can get much better Mexican food at Antojito’s for slightly more.

Yeah if they put a BBQ place in the park, have it go where that Mexican place is at the plaza. The food there is sad. Those birria tacos were some of the driest I’ve ever had. I can get much better Mexican food at Antojito’s for slightly more.

So what your saying is--let the Flinstones BBQ live again.
The leaked art had a warehouse like building in-between the front entrance of the attraction and P.Q. Butterfat's Ice Cream, as part of it's own nook. It isn't directly connected to the attraction, but it is a small merch shop.

So what your saying is--let the Flinstones BBQ live again.

The leaked art had a warehouse like building in-between the front entrance of the attraction and P.Q. Butterfat's Ice Cream, as part of it's own nook. It isn't directly connected to the attraction, but it is a small merch shop.
DUDE. I forgot about Flinstones! Heck yeah bring that back! That food was actually kinda fire back in the day. Put that in the Plaza NOW! It wo9uld be one more restaurant to keep me from eating at CityWalk.

Something we all should consider: That concept art isn't gospel. I mean I'm very confident the concept will be the same (I would still think that c-shaped swing launch would remain), but I seriously doubt it will end up being exactly how we see it laid out in the concept art. I know Butterfat's and Luigi's have foundational issues so maybe this ride will be their excuse to can those places? That would also give them more room to work with for the queue/lockers/station/exit gift shop.

I dont think it's in the art but I hope after SLOP, that Universal uses more layers for Q and save space.

We dont have much room here so I hope they can make the Q two stories and save room for whatever extra's don't have to take out other things in the park

The demo plan from a couple weeks ago changed to 100% completed last week. So hopefully we do see movement soon
Screen_Shot_2023-04-28_at_4.04.51_PM.png