Fast & Furious Attraction? | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious Attraction?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Will there be a Fast and Furious ride at UOR?

• Yes

Votes: 41 53.9%
  • No

Votes: 35 46.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fast & Furious

Hello my fellow Theme Park fans! I figured today I would talk about a quite interesting rumor that made it to me. While talking to one of my knowledgeable friends I was given a rather "interesting" piece of information. About a mount or two ago a celebrity was on a VIP tour of Universal Orlando and talked about how much they loved the resort. They mentioned how they can't wait to have two attractions based on two movies that they were in. When I was told this at first the only movie I knew them from was Transformers, so what other movie could they have been talking about? Another movie that they were in was Fast & Furious which has been rumored to be coming to Universal for quite a long time now. The location that I was told was where Twister is currently located. The thing is though, Twister should be staying around for a little longer. The only other place I can think this attraction can go is into the current home of Disaster.

I would love to hear what you all thing of this and where you think this attraction may go, if it comes to us at all. Also, do you think Fast & Furious can do well here in Florida?

Until next time,

You're friend Shrek.:dance:

Hello my fellow Theme Park fans! I figured today I would talk about a quite interesting rumor that made it to me. While talking to one of my knowledgeable friends I was given a rather "interesting" piece of information. About a mount or two ago a celebrity was on a VIP tour of Universal Orlando and talked about how much they loved the resort. They mentioned how they can't wait to have two attractions based on two movies that they were in. When I was told this at first the only movie I knew them from was Transformers, so what other movie could they have been talking about? Another movie that they were in was Fast & Furious which has been rumored to be coming to Universal for quite a long time now. The location that I was told was where Twister is currently located. The thing is though, Twister should be staying around for a little longer. The only other place I can think this attraction can go is into the current home of Disaster.

I would love to hear what you all thing of this and where you think this attraction may go, if it comes to us at all. Also, do you think Fast & Furious can do well here in Florida?

Until next time,

First off, I have heard that Twister will make way for SOMETHING Jimmy Fallon-based. Obviously things change all the time but this is a pretty persistent rumor.

Secondly, F&F would not fit in Twister's space unless they are just not going to do it any justice at all. Unless it's a Despicable Me-esque simulator (which would NOT work for this property IMO) then it's gotta go to Disaster...Twister's plot doesnt even have enough space for a queue for a F&F ride.

So that brings us to Disaster. If what you're implying comes to fruition and a 3-D simulator based on Fast & Furious replaces Disaster I will be one unhappy guy. Disaster is one of the few remaining rides based totally on physical effects. The ride portion is still a clasic, a nostalgic throwback to an opening-day attraction. Fast and Furious would be a GREAT theme park property, but not for 3-D and not to replace Disaster, in my opinion.

Until next time,

Sometimes celebrities talk in generalities and think of Universal as a whole, meaning the Hollywood counterpart too (which also has Transformers). Not saying that the longstanding rumors have been false, but he might have been saying that meaning the Supercharged attraction coming in 2015 to Hollywood.

If F&F were to come I would really hope for some test track type ride system with a ton of real effects and such. They could even run a small corridor under the hogwarts express into a massive show building and just have the queue and load/unload in the park. Assuming they could make space in the back lot somewhere.

Sometimes celebrities talk in generalities and think of Universal as a whole, meaning the Hollywood counterpart too (which also has Transformers). Not saying that the longstanding rumors have been false, but he might have been saying that meaning the Supercharged attraction coming in 2015 to Hollywood.
He mentioned Hollywood and the attraction going over there, this was a separate attraction.

F&F is bound to happen. It's Universals current most profitable franchise along with Despicable Me/Minions.

Teebin and others have mentioned San Fran is on its way out, which would be the perfect location for F&F. I just hope they do it right. F&F really needs to be some sort of coaster or Test Track-like experience.

Perhaps it would fit on the Simpsons/MiB expansion plot? Lots of room for a mega F&F E-ticket going in there... I'm with Skip, there's gotta be a F&F coming down the pike some day. It's too big of a property they own to just ignore.

I absolutely think F+F should be built. It would be amazing.

That being said, it’s hard for me to imagine a truly innovative way to execute this concept. I can almost imagine the whole attraction already: A dual-track (Radiator Springs Racers-style) ride system that starts off as an innocent street race. Then, things go wrong, the bad guys start shooting at you. The cars diverge and go to their own separate (and slightly different) paths. Eventually you enter a dimly lit warehouse show building. A near-miss with an exploding tanker truck. You fire your NoS and get the hell out of there in a final high-speed escape.

It would be fun, but my idea isn’t very original. It’s a Frankenstein of every other theme park attraction.

How would you guys do it?

I absolutely think F+F should be built. It would be amazing.

That being said, it’s hard for me to imagine a truly innovative way to execute this concept. I can almost imagine the whole attraction already: A dual-track (Radiator Springs Racers-style) ride system that starts off as an innocent street race. Then, things go wrong, the bad guys start shooting at you. The cars diverge and go to their own separate (and slightly different) paths. Eventually you enter a dimly lit warehouse show building. A near-miss with an exploding tanker truck. You fire your NoS and get the hell out of there in a final high-speed escape.

It would be fun, but my idea isn’t very original. It’s a Frankenstein of every other theme park attraction.

How would you guys do it?

Somtimes a Frankenstein of other attractions can be considered innovative. Gringott's utilizes many different tech from various rides, but compounded together it feels like a different experience! I think your idea rocks!

It's not going in the MIB/Simpsons plot.

Has anyone else heard the rumors of San Francisco(Disaster! included) being completely re-themed to Los Angeles and adding a major Fast & Furious attraction? Not sure how of San Fran is going to be demolished, but it's supposed to be a major overhaul. Rumor or partially true?

Has anyone else heard the rumors of San Francisco(Disaster! included) being completely re-themed to Los Angeles and adding a major Fast & Furious attraction? Not sure how of San Fran is going to be demolished, but it's supposed to be a major overhaul. Rumor or partially true?
If they retheme to L.A. they could put a mini version of Disneyland in (Bizarro version of course)...LOL

Just a vague UC rumor at this point. The LA jist is a new concept though. I hope they don't do LA or it will be piss ugly. Perhaps it will be another indoors coaster, only big and super wild with a big end projected crash sequence.

F&F is bound to happen. It's Universals current most profitable franchise along with Despicable Me/Minions.

Teebin and others have mentioned San Fran is on its way out, which would be the perfect location for F&F. I just hope they do it right. F&F really needs to be some sort of coaster or Test Track-like experience.

Is there enough room there to make a coaster?

Status
Not open for further replies.