Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 115 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That seems to be F&F's slogan..

View attachment 2870
giphy.gif

Reactions: Joel
as much as i'm not excited for this ride, i'm still excited to see what they do for the trams as it still seems really awkward to me that a tram would be involved in a ride called F&F. I'm just curious to how they'll pull it off

as much as i'm not excited for this ride, i'm still excited to see what they do for the trams as it still seems really awkward to me that a tram would be involved in a ride called F&F. I'm just curious to how they'll pull it off

Being set in San Francisco is the only explanation I can see that would make sense.

It could be like one of those old Rice A Roni commercials with the Cable Car going down the SF hill. Rock could be singing, "Rice A Roni, the San Francisco treat", while he's shooting up the bad guys. ;)

That has gone way over my head :lol:

At a glance though when I seen the rock, I thought of the Michael Bay film.

OK, when I first saw the videos on YouTube for this attraction last year, I thought it looked pretty lame. However, when my family and I went to USH (first time) last April, it was much better in person then on the video. It felt pretty realistic like you were there driving along with them all. The only corny part I thought was when Vin Diesel was hanging from the helicopter. Also, when we pulled up to the building during the tram ride (the entire tour was easily my fav attraction during our visit there) the building looked like this. Wondering if this is what they are going for at USF as well?

I too admit it was a bit more "fun" in motion. The only hope is that this ride becomes so bad that it is actually good. Like a B horror movie that turns into a comedy after the fact.

I'll disagree though, it wasn't remotely the best thing on the tour. Kong did the same thing, but was much better. I definitely preferred the Earthquake and Jaws scenes too.

I went with some very uninitiated non-theme park (I believe first ever Dis or Uni park) friends. Their first un-solicited comment was along the lines of "Did you see how out of proportion and cartoony that helicopter with Vin Diesel looked?" That was all I needed to hear.

Their other interesting comments were the park was fun, but everything in the park felt too much of the same. Much to my disappointment, they didn't really think Forbidden Journey was worth the wait. Despite us being there for that reason, they were ultimately turned off a bit by having to wait for it (and I think one preferred Simpsons actually, but I think they weren't an HP fan). Everything else we had pretty much walked on.

Just goes to show that even my small sampling of "GP", with very off kilter opinions, can identify a dud when they see it.

I too admit it was a bit more "fun" in motion. The only hope is that this ride becomes so bad that it is actually good. Like a B horror movie that turns into a comedy after the fact.

I'll disagree though, it wasn't remotely the best thing on the tour. Kong did the same thing, but was much better. I definitely preferred the Earthquake and Jaws scenes too.

I went with some very uninitiated non-theme park (I believe first ever Dis or Uni park) friends. Their first un-solicited comment was along the lines of "Did you see how out of proportion and cartoony that helicopter with Vin Diesel looked?" That was all I needed to hear.

Their other interesting comments were the park was fun, but everything in the park felt too much of the same. Much to my disappointment, they didn't really think Forbidden Journey was worth the wait. Despite us being there for that reason, they were ultimately turned off a bit by having to wait for it (and I think one preferred Simpsons actually, but I think they weren't an HP fan). Everything else we had pretty much walked on.

Just goes to show that even my small sampling of "GP", with very off kilter opinions, can identify a dud when they see it.
USH really needs that SLoP ride.

It could be like one of those old Rice A Roni commercials with the Cable Car going down the SF hill. Rock could be singing, "Rice A Roni, the San Francisco treat", while he's shooting up the bad guys. ;)
It would be cool if you were in a tram and they simulated an earthquake...Even cooler if they used practical sets and stuff, maybe even fire!

It would be cool if you were in a tram and they simulated an earthquake...Even cooler if they used practical sets and stuff, maybe even fire!
I agree. I mentioned something similar to that a month or so ago. Keep the 360 screen, but have a practical, ala Earthquake/Disaster practical effects set before, or after. Alas, from what we see of the building, it looks pretty much a duplicate of Hollywood, except not in a straight shot due to the space configuration.

I agree. I mentioned something similar to that a month or so ago. Keep the 360 screen, but have a practical, ala Earthquake/Disaster practical effects set before, or after. Alas, from what we see of the building, it looks pretty much a duplicate of Hollywood, except not in a straight shot due to the space configuration.
At this point I'm thinking it shouldn't have used the 360 tech at all, even in Hollywood.

I think Universal is afraid to use practical effects after Jaws, Earthquake/Disaster, and Twister all had high costs, and a low reliability. As someone said before, Disaster was probably on it's last run, and Twister was not far behind. That being said I'd love to see this use practical effects, i mean practical effects just have a more exciting feel. Back in the day when the truck fell down and exploded, it was so crazy! And then when the other train derails, it was spectacular. I just wish Universal would experiment mixing more practical effects with their screen usage.

I think Universal is afraid to use practical effects after Jaws, Earthquake/Disaster, and Twister all had high costs, and a low reliability. As someone said before, Disaster was probably on it's last run, and Twister was not far behind. That being said I'd love to see this use practical effects, i mean practical effects just have a more exciting feel. Back in the day when the truck fell down and exploded, it was so crazy! And then when the other train derails, it was spectacular. I just wish Universal would experiment mixing more practical effects with their screen usage.

If Universal was afraid to use Practical effects, we wouldn't of seen the Kong AA's in both the line and the attraction itself, the Gringotts Goblins; and hearing all the rumors of SLoP being practical and Nintendo being extremely practical.

There are attractions to where you need to be screen based, and attractions that you need to be all practical. And that time will come, especially if SLoP and Nintendo's rumors are true..

Reactions: Joel and Mike S
If Universal was afraid to use Practical effects, we wouldn't of seen the Kong AA's in both the line and the attraction itself, the Gringotts Goblins; and hearing all the rumors of SLoP being practical and Nintendo being extremely practical.

There are attractions to where you need to be screen based, and attractions that you need to be all practical. And that time will come, especially if SLoP and Nintendo's rumors are true..

I agree to an extent, however AA's are only part of the practical effects. The amount of fire/water/other action effects are limited. Universal is still producing lots of AAs, however we're not seeing a lot of the action-based effects at all. In Kong, the aa is just there to the side. We don't see it interact with the ride. Also in Gringotts, the goblin is kept in the queue. I see where you're coming from, but imo practical effects extend way more than AA. We'll have to see about SLOP and Nintendo though.

Reactions: belloq87