Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 114 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know it's a little unfair to judge based on a ride video, but good grief, that whole thing still seems so lame to me.

And it's doubly upsetting because, for all intents and purposes, it's going to be a vastly inferior version of the mega-ride they just opened!
Agreed on all counts. This doesn't even look as good as Transformers. I wonder if there will be an awkward moment where Mario Kart is more Fast & Furious than Fast & Furious.

OK, when I first saw the videos on YouTube for this attraction last year, I thought it looked pretty lame. However, when my family and I went to USH (first time) last April, it was much better in person then on the video. It felt pretty realistic like you were there driving along with them all. The only corny part I thought was when Vin Diesel was hanging from the helicopter. Also, when we pulled up to the building during the tram ride (the entire tour was easily my fav attraction during our visit there) the building looked like this. Wondering if this is what they are going for at USF as well?

Attachments

• FF2.png
    FF2.png
    449.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
OK, when I first saw the videos on YouTube for this attraction last year, I thought it looked pretty lame. However, when my family and I went to USH (first time) last April, it was much better in person then on the video. It felt pretty realistic like you were there driving along with them all. The only corny part I thought was when Vin Diesel was hanging from the helicopter. Also, when we pulled up to the building during the tram ride (the entire tour was easily my fav attraction during our visit there) the building looked like this. Wondering if this is what they are going for at USF as well?

Well, however small, there's a sliver of hope.

Reactions: Living_Bread
How's the CGI in person? It doesn't look so good on the video but of course that's video.

Any idea how much the big D gets from the Chevy sponsorship of Test Track?

...any bets on what manufacturer is involved with this glorified auto showroom? I wouldn't think Chrysler Fiat has the money to spend. With the queue being so large, I just can't see UO making a walkthrough commercial without some kind of sponsorship.

Would Universal actually do a Disney-style sponsorship of an attraction? I could never envision Test Track's post-ride car dealership anywhere in Universal.

That being said, I could see Fiat Chrysler spending money on this. They have a huge bias towards movie-oriented deals - far more than Ford or GM at least. They had sponsorship deals for FF7, Batman vs Superman, and The Force Awakens (weird...).

If I had to guess..

giphy.gif