Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 246 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ok but 3d is sill more immersive.
Having seen it, its hard to describe. But basically even though its 2D your brain sees it as 3D and real. One of ShowScan's tricks was to have a film playing (in 24fps) and have the screen tear, with the revealed back going at 70fps (technically it was all being projected at 70). People though the screen was really damaged, and a repairman took the screen down... and then something would happen... it fooled nearly everyone.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Like I was saying, we're probably not going to have any action here until after the 7th.

Next week and/or the week after might be employee previews, (if everything goes well Wednesday.)

Technical Rehearsals may start as early as the last week of March, but you never know, so maybe into April.

I expect a grand opening date announcement by the end of the month, but I wouldn't count on anything until after some more testing with actual bodies happens first.

to summarize, Comcast had affirmed to open every year a novelty (hotel, attraction, show, ...) in all the universal parks.

To be...specific, since 2012 (2011, counting Singapore)

USH
2012 - Transformers: The Ride
2013 - Universal Plaza
2014 - Despicable Me - Minion Mayhem, Super Silly Fun Land
2015 - Fast and Furious - Supercharged, Springfield USA
2016 - Universal Blvd, The Walking Dead Attraction, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade
2017 - The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle
2018 - Animation Studio Store/Universal Blvd Expansion, DreamWorks Theater/Kung Fu Panda: The Emperor's Quest

UOR (Projects that I am not putting in anywhere of the timeline, because of UC, are Site B, Super Nintendo World, and any other project relating to replacements of other attractions that have been rumored)
2012 - Despicable Me - Minion Mayhem, Universal Superstar Parade, Universal Cinematic Spectacular
2013 - Transformers: The Ride, Springfield USA
2014 - The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley, Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort, Universal Citywalk Dining/Retail projects (Multi-plan that consisted of Cold Stone, new Starbucks, Cowfish, Red Oven, Antojitos, Hot Dog Hall of Fame, and Menchies and Bread Box)
2015 -
2016 - The Incredible Hulk, Skull Island - Reign of Kong, Hello Kitty at USF, Sapphire Falls, Toothsome Chocolate Emporium
2017 - Race Through New York - Starring Jimmy Fallon, Universal's Volcano Bay Water Theme Park, Cabana Bay Beach Resort Hotel Expansion
2018 - Adventura Hotel, Fast and Furious - Supercharged
2019 - Terminator 2 3D Replacement (Presumably Bourne, given rumors), Dragons Challenge Replacement, possibly one of the Dry N' Tame Hotels
2020 - Possibly one of the Dry N' Tame Hotels

USJ
2014 - The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade
2015 - Forbidden Journey 3D update
2016 - The Flying Dinosaur
2017 - Despicable Me - Minion Mayhem, Minion Park, Dementors Live Show
2018 - Universal Spectacle Nighttime Parade, Curious George, Waterworld and Forbidden Journey enhancements

Singapore (NOT owned by Comcast, operated by Genting, Universal is the License)
2011 - Transformers: The Ride, Hollywood Dreams
2013 - Sesame Street Spaghetti Space Chase
2015 - Puss in Boots' Giant Journey, Battlestar Galactica reopening

Beijing
Aiming for a 2020 opening, may be pushed back to 2021 if there are scheduling issues with the park

Last edited:
To be...specific, since 2012 (2011, counting Singapore)

USH
2012 - Transformers: The Ride
2013 - Universal Plaza
2014 - Despicable Me - Minion Mayhem, Super Silly Fun Land
2015 - Fast and Furious - Supercharged, Springfield USA
2016 - Universal Blvd, The Walking Dead Attraction, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade
2017 - The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle
2018 - Animation Studio Store/Universal Blvd Expansion, DreamWorks Theater/Kung Fu Panda: The Emperor's Quest

UOR (Projects that I am not putting in anywhere of the timeline, because of UC, are Site B, Super Nintendo World, and any other project relating to replacements of other attractions that have been rumored)
2012 - Despicable Me - Minion Mayhem, Universal Superstar Parade, Universal Cinematic Spectacular
2013 - Transformers: The Ride, Springfield USA
2014 - The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley, Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort, Universal Citywalk Dining/Retail projects (Multi-plan that consisted of Cold Stone, new Starbucks, Cowfish, Red Oven, Antojitos, Hot Dog Hall of Fame, and Menchies and Bread Box)
2015 -
2016 - The Incredible Hulk, Skull Island - Reign of Kong, Hello Kitty at USF, Sapphire Falls, Toothsome Chocolate Emporium
2017 - Race Through New York - Starring Jimmy Fallon, Universal's Volcano Bay Water Theme Park, Cabana Bay Beach Resort Hotel Expansion
2018 - Adventura Hotel, Fast and Furious - Supercharged
2019 - Terminator 2 3D Replacement (Presumably Bourne, given rumors), Dragons Challenge Replacement, possibly one of the Dry N' Tame Hotels
2020 - Possibly one of the Dry N' Tame Hotels

USJ
2014 - The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade
2015 - Forbidden Journey 3D update
2016 - The Flying Dinosaur
2017 - Despicable Me - Minion Mayhem, Minion Park, Dementors Live Show
2018 - Universal Spectacle Nighttime Parade, Curious George, Waterworld and Forbidden Journey enhancements

Singapore (NOT owned by Comcast, operated by Genting, Universal is the License)
2011 - Transformers: The Ride, Hollywood Dreams
2013 - Sesame Street Spaghetti Space Chase
2015 - Puss in Boots' Giant Journey, Battlestar Galactica reopening

Beijing
Aiming for a 2020 opening, may be pushed back to 2021 if there are scheduling issues with the park
In other words, investment will continue each year in some way shape or form

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit