Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 349 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well- that’s one way to make a virtual queue a success- just make it so that no one wants to ride it.

It’s amusing that the main argument, concession or silver lining regarding this ride was “at least it will be a people eater”. And it isn’t even that. :ack:

Ok, the story I heard was after F&F:S opened in Hollywood UC started to become concerned about Orlando version. They looked at ways to plus it, but were too far in to change it that drastically. Then after Fallon opened, they knew they were headed into a dumpster fire. So instead of plussing it, they cut their losses and the budget. Killed the 3d because people hate it and it's expensive. And they killed the AA drivers and basically used mannequins.
Wow. I sincerely hope we never hear a story like this involving Universal ever again.

No F&F substantial lines should convince UC that they absolutely need to do their very best work on the Potter coaster to get their mojo and rep back. I would guess there's absolutely no chance the accountants will get to value engineer any of the planned special or thematic effects for HP. Should be full steam ahead to make the HP coaster a crown jewel attraction.

No F&F substantial lines should convince UC that they absolutely need to do their very best work on the Potter coaster to get their mojo and rep back. I would guess there's absolutely no chance the accountants will get to value engineer any of the planned special or thematic effects for HP. Should be full steam ahead to make the HP coaster a crown jewel attraction.
This is the trouble with using your own intellectual property. There's no one else to tell you that's not good enough.

This is the trouble with using your own intellectual property. There's no one else to tell you that's not good enough.
Good point. No way Rowling and/or Warner would have approved the F&F fiasco, let alone for two park's worth. I could see Rowling cringing at viewing the F&F musion scene.....So it's good that UC will have Nintendo looking over their shoulders. And maybe LOR owners too, if that comes to fruition.

the only thing that bothers me and that annoys me is the waste of time and money that went into this. this could have been any other 20 projects.
I KNOW they used this property because of how famous it is and because they had the outline from Hollywood... but it still stings a little and gets under my skin that this cost so much and took so long and now we are left with such a disappointing thing

Lets not forget that Bettlejuice show died for this, and so did the Halloween Horror nights space for the houses...... a lot of park casualties for such a terrible "ride"

the only thing that bothers me and that annoys me is the waste of time and money that went into this. this could have been any other 20 projects.
I KNOW they used this property because of how famous it is and because they had the outline from Hollywood... but it still stings a little and gets under my skin that this cost so much and took so long and now we are left with such a disappointing thing

Lets not forget that Bettlejuice show died for this, and so did the Halloween Horror nights space for the houses...... a lot of park casualties for such a terrible "ride"
Hopefully, since the reception to this has been so bad, not just lukewarm, UC and upper management will have learned a lesson. Namely you can't just throw a bad/mediocre attraction at the GP, and they'll accept it just because it's NEW....A Big Fail, but good timing in a perverse way, since the new park is right down the road, and 'perhaps' this will give UC a better perception of what they need to do to make the new park 'special'.

From what Disneyhead said it sounds like Universal has known this is a bad attraction for a good while. This means they had a good bit of time to let the lesson sink in and hopefully learn from it.

Reactions: Mad Dog
From what Disneyhead said it sounds like Universal has known this is a bad attraction for a good while. This means they had a good bit of time to let the lesson sink in and hopefully learn from it.
Yes, and what Dave (Disneyhead) is saying, was privately echoed by another prominent Insider from this site a year ago. So, kind of double confirmation, of what sounds like a plausible story.....But the realization really sets in when the lines of people don't show up to see the attraction, book vacations, and give bad guest feedback surveys....Though I'd guess the merch still sells since it's a popular IP.

Almost like what Sean, Brian, and I have being saying for about a year or so now...
I had known they were concerned and that they looked at plussing it but decided not too. What I didn't realize was that UC basically gave up and cut the budget. I bought the talking point that the 3D was cut because guests complaints about 3D. Not they they decided on no 3D because they didn't want to put the money into expensive rendering and projection equipment.

I get where they were with it, it's just disappointing.

Why all the commercials then? I see them every night on NHL games on NBCSN or NBC and just cringe when they on.

I sure hope no one gets suckered into their first Universal vacation due to those things... they would be bound to leave disappointed.

I had known they were concerned and that they looked at plussing it but decided not too. What I didn't realize was that UC basically gave up and cut the budget. I bought the talking point that the 3D was cut because guests complaints about 3D. Not they they decided on no 3D because they didn't want to put the money into expensive rendering and projection equipment.

I get where they were with it, it's just disappointing.

Yet, after all the bad feedback, they're still going ahead with it in Beijing?

What upsets me the most about Universal:

Anything involving Harry Potter = Lets make sure we do this right, money is no object.

Any other attraction = who cares just get something built but stick to the budget.

Reactions: Lucky Planet