1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Universal Studios Florida' started by Brian G., Aug 25, 2015.

1. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Lots of heavy rain around the area.

tankart150 likes this.
  2. TheCode

TheCode Veteran Member

there are times when i see a really really bad movie in theaters, and my question is always "Why was this movie made? why do they waste money and time and talent on something so bad? why didnt they stop it or change it?"

But i guess it happens with rides too, i guess once the project is in motion there is no turning back.... I guess once things are in movement there is no stopping that train.

Fallow and Mad Dog like this.
  3. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

During the Drupercharged meet-up on Saturday, the wait was averaging around an hour wait in the afternoon.

JoeCamel, Galaxy Defender and Alicia like this.
  4. UNIrd

UNIrd Premium Member

Isn't it the opposite? Virtual Wait should artificially increase the wait time since everybody is waiting outside.

Also, for those wondering why there's ads for this every commercial break, Universal is still a business. They still want to get in as many people as they can in the door to spend money and we should want them to as well because that means more re-investment back into the parks.

Now have I planned a trip for this summer? For the first time in like over 15 years, no. :lol: But there's still time to salvage that. They could announce the nighttime show.

5. deathcab4cutie

deathcab4cutie Member

the long wait has more to do with the multiple pre-shows plus express and vl combined

tankart150 likes this.
  6. Eckert

Eckert Veteran Member

Today the day started with heavy rain for about an hour so...instant turn-off for tourists. No such thing as 'non-peak' anymore, especially at Disney.

7. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

So you DO get why people dislike Fallon then. ;)

Joel and Disneyhead like this.
  8. Disneyhead

Disneyhead Veteran Member

Yeah, I understand. I was "meh" after FoP because I loathe the IP. But I NEVER said FoP sucks. Unlike everyone here and Fallon.

9. Blaw923

Blaw923 Member

I wish this ride was just a bus ride to Epcot for the original Test Track. The family is having dinner and you need to leave work at the chop shop fast!

Andysol, SpatulaShack and tankart150 like this.
  10. DR S

DR S Newcomer

Hate to slow up the dislike festival, but I rode this again with some out of town family over the weekend, we had fun. Our party bus of people cheered and clapped at the end.... we waited in line to buy merchandise.

JoeCamel, Alicia and Disneyhead like this.
  11. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

I think you're thinking of RnRC

How did they feel about other rides around the resort? Just curious

12. DR S

DR S Newcomer

They like big thrills (unlike myself) so they love Hulk, and the like. I believe the only thing we didn't enjoy was our ride on transformers (as we were sat next to a drunk gentleman whom was swearing and flicking off the screen our entire ride). My party sure didn't seem to suffer this great and mighty screen fatigue... of course, Jimmy Fallon, Fast, Kong, even Minions is so different from ANYTHING they usually get to do. (though I suspect this is also the case for most people visiting the park)

Joel and JoeCamel like this.
  13. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

Oh, you rode Transformers with Vin Deisel? Nice.

Joel, JoeCamel and universal_fanatic like this.
  14. DR S

DR S Newcomer

No this was definitely a more passionate performance than can be wrung out of Diesel.....lol

Andysol, Joel, JoeCamel and 2 others like this.
  15. Disneyhead

Disneyhead Veteran Member

I think Vin Diesel will win the Golden Ticket Award for "Best Acting in a Theme Park Attraction" simply for the line, "Yo, Driver.................move that vehicle."

Pure art.

DK745, Joel and Alicia like this.
  16. ragerunner

ragerunner Rookie

Was at universal with friends that had not visited in a very long time. Did virtual line for FF and it worked great. Regular line was 40 minutes. After riding almost every ride in the park most of our group rated fast and furious one of their favorites. Most of the people on our bus had a blasted/fun. This was my second ride on FF and I actually enjoyed it more than my first ride.
    Its clearly not the best ride at Universal but I think it's taken a bigger beating than it deserves.

Quint, Teebin, JoeCamel and 1 other person like this.
  17. USO92

USO92 Veteran Member

Was there today and on the note of crowds, I expected it to be a light day and I was horribly wrong. Where are all of the people coming from?!

As for FF, I hate to say it but I actually had fun. I wanted to hate it (and I had plenty reason to) but I couldn’t. It was intense....terrible graphics and terrible acting but I had fun.

JoeCamel likes this.
  18. Alicia

Alicia Premium Member

Throw in the word “family” and that’s my description of the film series!

La2kw likes this.
  19. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

Radio Marketing using lines like "Ride Fast & Furious: Supercharged at Universal Orlando and go on a HIGH OCTANE experience you'll never forget" are... something.

I will say that the promotion of this ride has seemingly been non-stop of late on radio and TV.

tankart150 and Joel like this.
  20. sparky

sparky Member

I literally can NOT wait to get my friend on this ride. She is a theme park newby. I plan to not warn her about how bad it is. She is unfailingly polite, and I am gonna love laughing at her trying to be polite about how bad the ride is.