Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 425 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Or put a busbar in and build a practical set driven F&F ride

You know...whatever comes first

Sometimes, you just have to admit that something is broken beyond repair. Only fix for this ride is to rip it out and replace it with a truly fast and furious ride or repurpose the building into something like "Secret Life of Pets" or another IP. I'm not sure what would be available but an indoor flume ride would be a welcome addition. Something along the lines of Pirates of the Caribbean, where it has some thrill portion but really just an overall good ride.

Alene hates F&F so much she refuses to ride it anymore. Since I had a couple days at Universal, solo, and the single ride line was open, therefore guaranteeing I could skip the pre shows and not waste any time, I decided to give it a couple of more ride tries to see if time lessened my dislike. Nope. The ride still sucks, and seems to get worse the more repeat rides I get in. I don't even enjoy the unintentional camp comedy anymore. I''m just 'numb' through the ride. There's only one decent portion of the ride, and that's the 'practical' city set.....and, to add....when the ride ends and I get off the tram, that's the best part..................I keep giving it a chance, but it does not redeem itself. :thud::lol:

Alene hates F&F so much she refuses to ride it anymore. Since I had a couple days at Universal, solo, and the single ride line was open, therefore guaranteeing I could skip the pre shows and not waste any time, I decided to give it a couple of more ride tries to see if time lessened my dislike. Nope. The ride still sucks, and seems to get worse the more repeat rides I get in. I don't even enjoy the unintentional camp comedy anymore. I''m just 'numb' through the ride. There's only one decent portion of the ride, and that's the 'practical' city set.....and, to add....when the ride ends and I get off the tram, that's the best part..................I keep giving it a chance, but it does not redeem itself. :thud::lol:

There's a single rider line now? I absolutely hate the ride but if that's open and I can skip preshows and have like 10 minutes to kill, I'd maybe consider doing it once or twice while I'm there. It's so bad...

Reactions: Mad Dog
There's a single rider line now? I absolutely hate the ride but if that's open and I can skip preshows and have like 10 minutes to kill, I'd maybe consider doing it once or twice while I'm there. It's so bad...
It's not always open. I checked both times and it was. It's to your left as you enter. It's a quick walk down the side of the building and then into a corridor that takes you straight to the line. I had no wait, walked straight on. I did single once back in Sept. 2018 when I was solo, but it's closed often.

Last edited:
Maybe UO should bring the Walking Dead from UH and combine it with FF. FF vs The Walking Dead. Even with single rider I still skip this attraction. FF can be fixed! I believe in you Universal!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Coolbfitz
My apologies for not reading all 425 pages before asking this....
Is the ride in LA any better than this one? I knew it was out there and figured it must be really, really good if they built it in Orlando as well. Now I think it must have been some ironclad contractual thing they couldn't get out of and they had to build it. That would also explain the delay in the builds between the two parks.

Reactions: Disneyhead
My apologies for not reading all 425 pages before asking this....
Is the ride in LA any better than this one? I knew it was out there and figured it must be really, really good if they built it in Orlando as well. Now I think it must have been some ironclad contractual thing they couldn't get out of and they had to build it. That would also explain the delay in the builds between the two parks.
It was a corporate mandate. The delay was because they needed to sort out WiFi connections with the ride vehicle.

Reactions: tomouteast
It was a corporate mandate. The delay was because they needed to sort out WiFi connections with the ride vehicle.

Thanks. That's along the lines of what I thought. I did start to read back through some of the pages. I went backward and got down to the low 400s. This thread is soooo much better and more entertaining than the ride itself.

One thing I'd like to add is that the ride made me hate Vin Diesel a little. He doesn't even rise to the level of phoning in his video chats. He was worse than the cast members.

Reactions: jrn14 and belloq87
I can't believe this thread still has action on it haha

The best tribute to this ride is to let it rot in obscurity, including this thread.

Anyway, my buddy Alan got to ride this last weekend. He's been on many, many, many, many, many rides. He's a rollercoaster and dark ride fiend, having ridden over 1000 different coasters and by his count probably 8000 different rides in total. He loved Kong and thinks it's better than anything Disney's built from 2010-2018, thinks Fallon is enjoyable and "fun". So when I say that he considers this one of the worst rides he's ever ridden and probably the worst still existing that says something. He's having a hard time thinking of a ride built by a major player that is this bad.

Close it, use it for HHN houses and queues. Gut it. Create something new.

The best tribute to this ride is to let it rot in obscurity, including this thread.

Anyway, my buddy Alan got to ride this last weekend. He's been on many, many, many, many, many rides. He's a rollercoaster and dark ride fiend, having ridden over 1000 different coasters and by his count probably 8000 different rides in total. He loved Kong and thinks it's better than anything Disney's built from 2010-2018, thinks Fallon is enjoyable and "fun". So when I say that he considers this one of the worst rides he's ever ridden and probably the worst still existing that says something. He's having a hard time thinking of a ride built by a major player that is this bad.

Close it, use it for HHN houses and queues. Gut it. Create something new.
I 100% agree with what your friend Allan said. My view as well on all three attractions :thumbsup: . ....Even though Universal doesn't generally make decisions based on comments from fan sites, I'd guess someone from Universal management occasionally reads a thread here, and it's cool to keep reminding them how bad the attraction is. Ridership is also so low for a new D/E ticket, that has to concern them................And....this is like therapy for all of us that really dislike the ride portion of the attraction.:lol:

Thanks. That's along the lines of what I thought. I did start to read back through some of the pages. I went backward and got down to the low 400s. This thread is soooo much better and more entertaining than the ride itself.

One thing I'd like to add is that the ride made me hate Vin Diesel a little. He doesn't even rise to the level of phoning in his video chats. He was worse than the cast members.

Yeah it's kind of insulting how terrible Vin is here and it's obvious he put like 10% effort into this.

Reactions: belloq87