Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 427 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
But, its got to be near the back of the shortlist right?
If such a hypothetical shortlist existed in order, I'd imagine it would have to be:

Kidzone, Shrek 4D, MIB, and Mummy

Unless, in reality, the order is flipped. Mummy and MIB actually higher on the shortlist since they are harder to maintain, with KidZone and Shrek 4D near the back since they are unpopular yet reliable.
I’d put it Shrek, MiB (Potentially with Fear Factor), Mummy, KidZone.

Here’s the thing. I’ve actually heard active rumors of consideration for everything except KidZone. Rides are easier to replace than a whole land, and ALL of the IPs associated with those attractions are dated. KidZone, for its flaws, is the least harmless and most necessary of the four at this time. MiB suffers the double issue of ride system and IP.

Reactions: SeventyOne

Here’s the thing. I’ve actually heard active rumors of consideration for everything except KidZone. Rides are easier to replace than a whole land, and ALL of the IPs associated with those attractions are dated. KidZone, for its flaws, is the least harmless and most necessary of the four at this time. MiB suffers the double issue of ride system and IP.

Man. I wonder what's going on with Pokemon then.

Reactions: PerceptiveCoot
Apart from TPU, I never heard Pokémon as an active rumor. It always smelled of speculation to me. That said, its not like Creative only does on project at at time. They could be (and likely are) developing replacements for everything on the short list at the same time.

Reactions: SeventyOne

Perhaps Universal is banking on the idea that Pokemon will be culturally relevant for a long time so there's no rush? SNW in EU will be a big boom in four-five years, Pokemon can be a big boom two-three years after that and it'll still be just as big as it would be if it came two-three years from now.

The idea of Tokyo being able to connect to two different IP's is kinda genius if they can pull it off seamlessly. These rumors are incredible this weekend. I loveeeee the idea of all of this. Oh so so much.

Honestly would be more excited about an expanded London. But if they're doing that at EU its a bit over kill soooooo Knight Bus isn't super exciting but its a hell of a lot better than Supercharged simply due to the IP. Even if its not A+ it could be fun and at least make sense.

Reactions: Tristan
Perhaps Universal is banking on the idea that Pokemon will be culturally relevant for a long time so there's no rush? SNW in EU will be a big boom in four-five years, Pokemon can be a big boom two-three years after that and it'll still be just as big as it would be if it came two-three years from now.
There is nothing to bank on. Pokémon is and will be culturally relevant for a long time.

Man, this whole thing is really a soul for a soul, isn't it? I'm not the biggest MIB:AA fan, but I can't deny that it's one of the major fan favorites at the park. They could have just replaced the ride system if they wanted to, but I guess not.

On the bright side, we have two new rides on the way. Hopefully they're good.

Which makes perfect sense, because kids running on splashpads is pretty IP-agnostic. And if it goes away, there's like one thing for young kids and that's Shrek.

Universal is due to discover the "same ride platform reconcept" like Frozen Ever After... literally could have dropped F&F into Mummy 1:1 with some updated ride vehicle skins, a queue rebuild, and technology/projection mapping plusses.

Only thing I don't really get as a rumor is Pokemon being incorporated into Tokyo.

I mean, besides the fact that Pokemon is made in Japan, there's really no association between the iconography of Pokemon and Tokyo proper. Yes, the Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn regions are geographically based off of Japan, but it's not a direct one to one comparison. Pokemon needs its own land and aesthetic sensibility.

Reactions: BrenRays
Only thing I don't really get as a rumor is Pokemon being incorporated into Tokyo.

I mean, besides the fact that Pokemon is made in Japan, there's really no association between the iconography of Pokemon and Tokyo proper. Yes, the Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn regions are geographically based off of Japan, but it's not a direct one to one comparison. Pokemon needs its own land and aesthetic sensibility.
It's not a rumor, it was just an idea on his part.

Reactions: Frogki and Legacy
It's not a rumor, it was just an idea on his part.
Yeah I know. Ideas and rumors often get conflated in my head sometimes, and on these forums. After all, Knight Bus was an idea before it became a rumor, and Pokemon seemed like a rumor due to the TPU article but without proof is now only an idea :shrug:

Yeah I know. Ideas and rumors often get conflated in my head sometimes, and on these forums. After all, Knight Bus was an idea before it became a rumor, and Pokemon seemed like a rumor due to the TPU article but without proof is now only an idea :shrug:
I heard the Knight Bus/F&F rumor before I started introducing it to the forum’s as an idea. It was my subtle attempt at dropping it without DROPPING it.

So if Knight Bus takes over Supercharged, does that mean London gets extended and we lose SF all together (RIP Jaws photo op ).

As much as I like MIB, I actually really dig the Tokyo replacement/Knight Bus idea. Whether we like it or not, the area MIB is set in is pretty random/out of place, it’s based on a dead franchise, and Mario Katy will be its spiritual replacement. The biggest complaint I would have is that USF would be lacking a shooting ride.

I have a solution. That all depends on how well the new Ghostbusters movie does. They could put a two story interactive trackless dark ride (Like the original plan for SLoP) for space and have it themed to GB. Imagine how sick the firehouse facade would be on NY street! Heck, maybe they could even repurpose their old plans for SLoP and reskin it to GB!

So if Knight Bus takes over Supercharged, does that mean London gets extended and we lose SF all together (RIP Jaws photo op ).
I'm sure London has some wharf areas that could act as inspiration for a retheme of Richter's Burgers and Lombard's. I personally am not familiar with London, and the only thing I think that hasn't been represented besides MOM is the Dursley neighborhood.

As much as I like MIB, I actually really dig the Tokyo replacement/Knight Bus idea. Whether we like it or not, the area MIB is set in is pretty random/out of place, it’s based on a dead franchise, and Mario Katy will be its spiritual replacement. The biggest complaint I would have is that USF would be lacking a shooting ride.

I have a solution. That all depends on how well the new Ghostbusters movie does. They could put a two story interactive trackless dark ride (Like the original plan for SLoP) for space and have it themed to GB. Imagine how sick the firehouse facade would be on NY street! Heck, maybe they could even repurpose their old plans for SLoP and reskin it to GB!

That'd be a great replacement for RotM. I want to see a GB ride in the NY area of the park.

I would rather ride Supercharged 300 times in a row than have this plan come to fruition.

Even I'm not a fan of the F&F franchise, but 100% want to experience a more thrilling F&F attraction. No way could Knight Bus end up being worse than Supercharged.

I don't believe at all that JK or WB would allow Potter to be retrofitted into Supercharged, especially when Supercharged has such poor public perception. Changing the ride vehicles from party buses to Knight Buses doesn't suddenly make for a good ride.

This is all without saying that F&F is in San Fran, with the entrance being pretty far away from Diagon.