Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 426 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
... I would be more than thrilled to see this on the buses that go between the current resort and EU.
Agree! That’s a very good idea of where to apply this concept. With this and one smart background storytelling we might have something unique and much more interesting than those Volcano Bay’s boring buses.

People on Facebook said some changes were made to the ride. More movement/wind and such. No clue it’s an actual fact or not.

People on Facebook said some changes were made to the ride. More movement/wind and such. No clue it’s an actual fact or not.
Did they say when they rode..Was it real recent? ..I rode about three/four weeks ago and it seemed like the effects were actually lessened from the previous times, especially less fog.

So a noisy, incoherent ride maybe added more noise in the form of extra wind and fog?

The best ride in the park just became the bestest ride!

Turn this ride into a tribute store. I don’t care WTH you are celebrating (celebrate National margarita day) just replace this with that bc those tribute shops have been fantastic.

Last edited:
Perhaps..to bring this up here and to not clog EU..but from @Legacy.

Knight Bus is being considered to fix F&F.

Yeah.

And a new F&F attraction (better suited to the franchise) would replace MiB. Something I heard a few months ago.

That way, we can not clog EU's thread slightly.. :tease:. All I will say is..that I am very, very intrigued by the idea of Supercharged being turned into something else, especially if it's their means as a 'fix'.

To quote my own post:

tenor.gif

I'd honestly rather keep Supercharged if the only other option is getting rid of MIB, especially if the attraction on the Supercharged plot is just a reskinned version of the same basic concept.

And I say that fully believing Supercharged is the worst thing Universal has done in Orlando.

To quote my own post:

To bring up my own two cents..as I didn't get too.

Fast and Furious Supercharged for Orlando is a stain on the park, in more way's than one. If this means they are COMPLETELY closing down San Francisco and renovating it to become a port-side London, then that'd be a hell of a thing to see. And for the sake of MIB..if it replaces FFL along with it, that's a hell of a lot of room. Like, we are talking nearly four acres worth of land, for a Fast and Furious attraction. That could open a lot of potential for a large scale attraction--perhaps one using the Slot Car systems that Dynamic is making. It's truly a weird prospect; and there's a lot of questions that could be legitimately raised.

Hell, if it's their way of doing Tokyo then I'd be fully up for it.

Fast and Furious Supercharged for Orlando is a stain on the park, in more way's than one. If this means they are COMPLETELY closing down San Francisco and renovating it to become a port-side London, then that'd be a hell of a thing to see. And for the sake of MIB..if it replaces FFL along with it, that's a hell of a lot of room. Like, we are talking nearly four acres worth of land, for a Fast and Furious attraction. That could open a lot of potential for a large scale attraction--perhaps one using the Slot Car systems that Dynamic is making. It's truly a weird prospect; and there's a lot of questions that could be legitimately raised.

I have no doubt that a fresh-built F&F attraction could be great (especially because Universal Creative is likely extremely aware of the perception of Superchaged and would work hard to make it top-notch).

It doesn't have a chance of being something I'd enjoy more than MIB, however. I simply don't like the F&F film series at all, and zapping aliens in the streets of New York City is much more the sort of thing I enjoy.

As it stands, I can avoid Supercharged and enjoy MIB. Removing MIB means, well, I'm stuck with F&F whether I like it or not.

What would a Knight Bus ride even look like? I simply don't see how it can work without sucking just as much as F&F does.

But I expect F&F to get a more extreme version of the Mario Kart ride system (minus the AR glasses), which it should have gotten in the first place. Now that Nintendo is in another park, there's no issues in using the ride system here.

Hell, if it's their way of doing Tokyo then I'd be fully up for it.
Alright here's my final opinion.

I'm all for taking out Supercharged and expanding London into that space. However, they ABSOLUTELY should not adopt F&F's ride system. Instead, use the absolutely massive space for something truly special within the Potter universe. Maybe that's Knight Bus, maybe not, but something with lots of physical elements that doesn't use the same system. Hoping for a massive dark ride, but budgets are budgets...

As for MIB and Fear Factor leaving for some action-packed Fast and Furious kart coaster, I would be okay with that, if and only if...it's Tokyo Drift.

I really do hope they wouldn't just reskin the same ride experience we have now with Potter video. That risks keeping the stain and lowering the perception of the Potter attractions as a whole.

Reactions: Frogki and belloq87
I have no doubt that a fresh-built F&F attraction could be great (especially because Universal Creative is likely extremely aware of the perception of Superchaged and would work hard to make it top-notch).

It doesn't have a chance of being something I'd enjoy more than MIB, however. I simply don't like the F&F film series at all, and zapping aliens in the streets of New York City is much more the sort of thing I enjoy.

As it stands, I can avoid Supercharged and enjoy MIB. Removing MIB means, well, I'm stuck with F&F whether I like it or not.

When it comes down to it, Supercharged is a strange case to where I think it suits fine..in Hollywood. It's meant to be a piece of a puzzle, and not to stand as it's own separate entity; and the biggest mistake that Universal made, is just copy and pasting it with a few differences being only in small cases.

What would a Knight Bus ride even look like? I simply don't see how it can work without sucking just as much as F&F does.

Slash the capacity down slightly for one bus at a time, revamping the show scenes to allow the bus to weave in and out of London; and in doing so, running from Death Eaters trying to total the bus. Revamp San Francisco (and possibly give completely new facades to some of the buildings) to become a port-side London, perhaps with a miniature Big Ben as part of the area, to give it a key-marking icon.

Except MiB is on the short list for removal. If MiB International had rebooted the franchise the way Sony wanted, Universal would have incentive to do a full, drastic refurb instead of a replacement. That didn’t happen.

EDIT -

I made these posts back in January in the Nintendo thread.

CrazyER idea.

Close down F&F (wait for it).

Everything from MiB to KidZone (including Simpsons) goes down to become Tokyo. In its place, Pokemon with Safari ride, Pokemart, Pizza-chu, Brock’s Burgers, Kidcoaster, Playground, and Carousel; Sanrio water ride and Ferris wheel; and... last but not least... Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift indoor launch coaster.

Boom.
Fine... turn Supercharged into a Knight Bus ride first.

Except MiB is on the short list for removal. If MiB International had rebooted the franchise the way Sony wanted, Universal would have incentive to do a full, drastic refurb instead of a replacement. That didn’t happen.
But, its got to be near the back of the shortlist right?
If such a hypothetical shortlist existed in order, I'd imagine it would have to be:

Kidzone, Shrek 4D, MIB, and Mummy

Unless, in reality, the order is flipped. Mummy and MIB actually higher on the shortlist since they are harder to maintain, with KidZone and Shrek 4D near the back since they are unpopular yet reliable.

Except MiB is on the short list for removal.

That doesn't mean I have to like it or think it's a good idea!

Kidzone, Shrek 4D, MIB, and Mummy

All other things being equal, the following should be replaced WAY before eyes are turned towards MIB or Mummy:

- KidZone (minus E.T.)
- Fear Factor
- Shrek 4D
- Springfield (The contract's up in the second half of this decade, right? And it's now a Disney property.)

EDIT -

I made these posts back in January in the Nintendo thread.

Perhaps, have the outside facing the Lagoon (with a potential F&F area included) resembling Modern Tokyo, with a recreation of Downtown Tokyo in some sense, and in doing so; branching off Sanrio and Pokemon into isolated mini-lands, and allowing the Lagoon to maintain an element of the realistic clashing with fiction.

That said, I feel like @Joe or @Brian G. may want to separate this into a dedicated thread, if we are wanting to speak more intimately on the idea.

Reactions: Tristan