Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just saw a video of the ride and I understand it cannot be judged without being in it, but it really gave me a feeling that it sucks.
I cannot imagine something that bad being made for here. Specially since we dont have a tram.
I cannot see Universal doing that. it makes no sense

If you guys are getting a clone... yikes.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of Universal's "360 3D" tech. Kong is pretty bad. It ghosts and you can see the tops and bottoms of the screens any time you like. Supercharged is an improvement, but honestly, if you guys went on these things you'd realize how easily amused the fanbase in LA truly is. On the Universal and the Disney side, everyone in SoCal pretty much loves everything at first. I remember how badly my friends wanted to go on RotM: Hollywood. I had to wait in line 60 minutes for a 90 second ride that has been open for a decade.

Reactions: Cole
And here I was thinking Fallon was going to be the lazy attraction. If this is really a direct clone of Hollywood's attraction, the Disney/Universal internet wars will be massive come 2017. You may not be on either extreme, but you know the crazies on both sides will come out and duke it out. Thank god for Volcano Bay.

Yet, as much of a letdown (and waste of space) it is, it's becoming so much more clear that this one is not for the theme park fans. It's not for us. We really can't act as if Universal isn't doing things for us either. Everything coming out before, after and during will be for us. (well, except for Hello Kitty maybe) It's a shame but I guess I can't fault them?

No freaking way you're making me wait for that thing though.

I'm just sadder I'm gonna miss out on Disaster during my trip next month. :(

I can honestly say I am more interested in avatar than Fallon and supercharged......that's really saying something there. God 2017 is gonna be rough for the studios, if you think it's the screen park now, get ready for screen mania. It's really sad that the only practical rides left (outside of shows) are mummy, MIB and ET. Yeah i know IOA is right next door and it's almost all practical but still, that's such overkill. If your not a fan of motion simulators or they make you sick, you will have 3 whole rides to enjoy, that is a giant problem and it's gonna get backlash by the time these attractions come out. As the other users said above, thank god for volcano bay and kong

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I've heard that the San Fran buildings, including the Disaster queue buildings, are staying. The actual show building backstage will be leveled.

Teebin, I'm thinking you and I have heard the same things. The only thing noted to me that you haven't said is that the load/unload will be similar to Disaster's current setup.

Based on that, I'm expecting the warehouse entrance near Beetlejuice, warehouse queue a newly constructed area, and Disaster's preshow area to be reused for the rave scene.

I've heard that the San Fran buildings, including the Disaster queue buildings, are staying. The actual show building backstage will be leveled.

Teebin, I'm thinking you and I have heard the same things. The only thing noted to me that you haven't said is that the load/unload will be similar to Disaster's current setup.

Based on that, I'm expecting the warehouse entrance near Beetlejuice, warehouse queue a newly constructed area, and Disaster's preshow area to be reused for the rave scene.

Okay, before I start I just want to say this: The following is not meant to try and discredit anyone, make me look "superior", or anything like that. I've heard vastly differently about this project, and realize and acknowledge my [HASHTAG]#sauces[/HASHTAG] could be wrong.

But none of this, to me, makes any sense.

1) A clone of Hollywood's attraction is not a 2 year build for Universal. It just isn't. Transformers showed that something like this could be done in less than a year, and this has even less complicated parts than Transformers did. It's just a big box with screens and a motion base.

2) Disaster's queue is already HUGE. Most of it just sits unused for the entire year. If they were reusing Disaster's preshow rooms, there's absolutely no reason to demolish Beetlejuice.

3) The story for USH's still doesn't fit in the slightest with a standalone installation.

I dunno. Again, this isn't a post trying to say people are wrong. Just a post saying this situation makes 0 sense to me.

^ I agree. Not disputing peoples sources, but we are definitely not getting a clear picture of what is really happening.

JungleSkip always has the best sauces.

But yeah, I don't believe it is a clone either, but we shall see.

Let's say for the standalone ride system, the attraction space has to increase to 60k sq ft. That's still about 84k sq ft. unaccounted for. Do you honestly think there will be 84k sq ft. of queue and non-attraction area? That's a really, really, really bad waste of space for a park and resort where space is a premium.

I know you consider your info to be basically unassailable, but the dots aren't connecting, and the context makes no sense, so I'm not at all convinced this will be a (near) clone.

@Teebin is the going thought right now that is to be a people eating walk through with preshows and USH "ride" at the end?

I'll chime in and say I'm actually not as disappointed as I thought I'd be. And this is coming from someone who abhors the underground racing scene in reality because, as some might know, Orange Avenue and S. OBT on the weekends are filled with kids dubbed as "la fiebre" dangerously racing their souped up compacts and giving me hernias when I just want to go to McD's at midnight. But I digress.

The racing aspect in a theme park though? That's actually pretty exhilarating. And if we remove all that nasty misogyny, backstory, and daft dialogue from Hollywood's, we could be left with something of substance that is entertaining and pretty fun. Here's hoping it turns out good. And that the surrounding eateries are also upgraded with some food-truck goodness, because if there's anything the underground racing scene is good for around these parts, it's the Latino eateries that fuel them. You've not lived until you've had a tripleta or Venezuelan arepa.

an Adult version of RSR would be so awesome...if I were Universal, that's what I'd do.

I don't care for the fast and furious franchise either, but I understand the GP eat it up, as they do TF.

Another Screen based attraction? my wife will never want to go to this park...ha ha.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Maybe there's a mystery attraction also going in all that space? Who knows...

They wouldn't mention Beetlejuice's closing if it had nothing to do with the attraction.

I'm going to throw this stick of dynamite in here: if this is indeed a clone of USH's Supercharged, this is Universal's version of Frozen Ever After.

:bolt:

In my opinion Universal should Scrap San Francisco and turn it into London so the ride can be based on Fast and Furious 6. London should also expand Fear Factor to be used for another attraction set in London such as The Wolfman, Bourne series, James Bond etc

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn