Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah if this is true I'd rather keep Disaster and/or Beetlejuice. I suppose it's possible that Universal has had such a string of hits that they mistakenly think they can't fail.

Reactions: snayberry
Also, I wouldn't read too much into the crowds cheering though. It's fast-pace simulated, 3D, there's explosions and it's Fast & Furious. The general public, as a part of the tram tour, is gonna eat it up. I think that's an important distinction though - as a part of the tram tour.

If it's a stand alone attraction, I don't know that it will go over as well.

Take heart everyone, the biggest difference is that you are getting a massive themed queue with lots of sexy cars and stuff and presumably that is where the story line will play out. Hollywood doesn't have that at all.

Because we know how well that worked out for Ariel's Undersea Adventure...

If anything it worsens the inadequacies, attempting to turn something designed for California into something it was never meant to be, while doing nothing to the innards of the attraction.

All I'll say is that great attractions don't require people to make up excuses for them online. I'm still hoping this is a ground up design then all these concerns are nullified.

Reading the blog post and noticed this:

"This ride is going to fuse everything you love about the films with an original storyline and incredible ride technology."

They mention an original storyline. If it was a clone of Hollywood's, there would be nothing original about the storyline, since it's already been done. Of course, I could be over looking this and it could mean original as in "not done in the movies". As for the ride technology, if it was a simple tram-like ride, that's pretty far from incredible. I'd say this is more than just a clone.

Just my two cents :wave:

Last edited:
The way I look at it, I guess, is that if this disappoints, we still have Nintendo, Marvel, and many other things coming our way to make up for it
Well if this is true perhaps building an attraction that flops will cause them to refocus they're efforts and make other attractions better in the long run.

.......ugh. To begin, I'd like to clarify I am definitely not a fan of anything fast and furious, get that out of the way first. If this was just a disaster replacement I would've been beyond fine with it. Disaster is quite honestly mediocre and outdated. While I think supercharged looked really bad, it would've atleast made an enjoyable, small little experience that would do a ton for the resort and add another A lister to the line up. It probably would've been a lot easier and less expensive to just take the existing trams and just put in 360 screens. The musion tech is also there to add upon. It would've been the perfect retheme but nah. Taking over two attractions for one insanely short, horribly acted and badly written ride is beyond terrible. This only works as a tram tour attraction, not a full on thing. A sexy car showcase in the queue really doesn't add that much to the experience and isn't worth the second attraction take over. It's a waste of space that they could seriously do SO much better with. Other food for thought, this is going up against avatar. Very disappointed with the descions made here

Reactions: universal_fanatic
Keep in mind, I too have never seen the Hollywood attraction so I have no feeling about it really. I hate the franchise and have no interest in cars let alone the tacky vehicles in the film. It is so not my thing.

If you would have rather dreamed for a year, then tell me to shut up and that you don't want your dreams ruined even if they are going to be ruined eventually.

Meanwhile, I await KONG... goodness I hope it all works.

Reactions: Tucker and misterID
It would make no sense for The Rock not to be in it, he loves doing this stuff.
It's probably not really up to him...that all deals with his people and contract negotiations with the franchise...he may be tied to not be associated with another production company until he is finished filming another movie (Disney) and that said film won't be released until 2017 or 2018 so his hands may be tied for right now...contacts can be a you know what sometimes

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
Keep in mind, I too have never seen the Hollywood attraction so I have no feeling about it really. I hate the franchise and have no interest in cars let alone the tacky vehicles in the film. It is so not my thing.

If you would have rather dreamed for a year, then tell me to shut up and that you don't want your dreams ruined even if they are going to be ruined eventually.

Meanwhile, I await KONG... goodness I hope it all works.
Kong has still got my interest big time, but considering how vital land is at UNI, why in the world would they sacrifice that prime spot for... That??

Just hugely disappointed.

I'd also like to add for the estimated size of Hollywoods..

Hollywoods F&F - 53,135 Sq Ft.
So this will be almost 3x the size of the Hollywood one. That's some car exhibit, sure didn't look that big in the concept art.

I'm not disputing anyone's sources on this but things just aren't adding up.

Kong has still got my interest big time, but considering how vital land is at UNI, why in the world would they sacrifice that prime spot for... That??

Just hugely disappointed.

I believe that Universal is playing to different folks, and this attraction might bring a group to the park that has never attended before. My idea behind this is a gross awful horrid stereotype which I will not elaborate on. If it make Universal more money for more attractions, I am happy. *big sh#t eating grin*

So this will be almost 3x the size of the Hollywood one. That's some car exhibit, sure didn't look that big in the concept art.

I'm not disputing anyone's sources on this but things just aren't adding up.

I have been told that the queue is indeed very large and employs many rooms.

Reactions: Cole