Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

I'm going to say one more thing before I leave for now..

If they're going to chop half of the F&F building in Hollywood in half; it'd be almost to the point of 1/3 of the actual size of the area. Then ontop of that, it doesn't make sense from a size standpoint. Unless the main goal is to increase the size of San Fran (which, why would they? It doesn't make sense due to Kings Cross) and plop in a clone of an attraction of the Hollywood attraction (which would look really cramped). I just have to see this being more than a clone.

No offense Teebin.

Unfortunately, on my last trip on Disaster this January, several of the effects didn't work. Most notably, the semi didn't come out of the ceiling. I've not seen F&F live but I've watched youtube videos of it. An interesting idea would be to do the Cars in the outside queue, put the Rave/Garage scenes in the walkthrough section of Disaster. Then, replace the 3D 360 screen section with a high speed real section. Something Test Track based or even taking a ride like Back Lot Stunt Coaster/Italian Job and throw Orlando type money into Theming and a better track.

Italian Job was built by Paramount for a song for 3 of their former regional parks compared to Orlando type money.

Finally, this attraction is really really very popular in Hollywood. Folks come out of that end fog applauding. So, as the majority of you have not seen it in person, I would ask that you cut it a bit of slack.

I've heard and read the complete opposite by everyone I've spoken to and read on the internet.

And now I know what it feels like to be let down by Universal....and I'll have get used to it when unfunnyFallon invades....

At least IOA will still give me the kick I need

I believe that Universal is playing to different folks, and this attraction might bring a group to the park that has never attended before. My idea behind this is a gross awful horrid stereotype which I will not elaborate on. If it make Universal more money for more attractions, I am happy. *big sh#t eating grin*

I have been told that the queue is indeed very large and employs many rooms.
Walmart shoppers? :doh:........................

I don't see Universal making the same attraction AGAIN after Transformers, Spidey, Gringotts, etc. There's gotta be a twist and I'm hoping it's a speedy finale. The same attraction name, lack of details and concept art doesn't inspire confidence though.

I don't know if it means anything but the description on Universal Orlando's offcial instagram account specifically states that the Rock and Tyrese's characters will be in the ride:

"JUST ANNOUNCED: A new thrill ride will bring the world of @fastandfuriousmovie to #UniversalStudiosFlorida in 2017. Led by Dom, Hobbs, Letty & Roman you will feel like part of the “Fast #family.” Walk through the team’s headquarters & see some of the supercharged #cars from the big screen. Then, take off on an adrenaline-pumping ride through the underground #racingworld. #FastFuriousRide."

I too am not convinced it's going to be an exact copy of the existing attraction in Hollywood. From the get go Hollywood specified exactly what the story is. "To save one of there own from an international crime cartel" also "will catapult guests into the high-stakes underground world of fast cars in a harrowing escapade"

Hollywood press release:

“Fast & Furious—Supercharged” is a technologically advanced, epic ride that reunites stars from the Fast & Furious series in a groundbreaking mega-attraction, conceived as a new installment to the Fast & Furious films that can only be experienced at The Entertainment Capital of L.A. Featuring Vin Diesel (Dominic “Dom” Toretto), Dwayne Johnson (Luke Hobbs), Michelle Rodriguez (Letty Ortiz), Tyrese Gibson (Roman Pearce) and Luke Evans (Owen Shaw), “Fast & Furious—Supercharged” will catapult guests into the high-stakes underground world of fast cars in a harrowing escapade—at perceived speeds in excess of 120 miles per hour—to save one of their own from an international crime cartel."

Now the Florida press release is worded differently. It does not mention anything about "saving one of there own" or harrowing escapades. Of course that's not to say things not happen. They very well could. Just odd to me that they mention it for Hollywood but not Florida.

Another difference in every piece of official info I've seen so far from Universal is they state "You'll be immersed in the underground RACING world". Hollywood's referenced fast cars. Not racing. I do not think this is a mistake. I believe we will see racing n this ride. Although I believe it will be simulated "racing" and not real.

Obviously this is all guess work by me. I'm no insider with no clue as to what the ride will really entale. However I'm thinking the story will involve us being invited by the fast family to experience some street racing with them. As we move thru the ride the baddies will show up looking for "revenge" on the fast family for events in the 6th film. The climax of the ride would be the same 360 tech and Nearly identical film found in the Hollywood version with remastered cgi and San Francisco as the backdrop.

So to paraphrase yes I do believe we will get exactly what Hollywood has. Just as the finale. I think there will be much more leading up to that finale and the "hidden spy" aspect could be dropped.

I'm going to say one more thing before I leave for now..

If they're going to chop half of the F&F building in Hollywood in half; it'd be almost to the point of 1/3 of the actual size of the area. Then ontop of that, it doesn't make sense from a size standpoint. Unless the main goal is to increase the size of San Fran (which, why would they? It doesn't make sense due to Kings Cross) and plop in a clone of an attraction of the Hollywood attraction (which would look really cramped). I just have to see this being more than a clone.

No offense Teebin.
Not unless it will contain a big gift shop.
  • Lesson of the day: Bad news, however accurate, will never win you any Likes. :saywhat:
I'm actually really grateful of your news. Better to be disappointed now than later.

Hi Everyone, long time lurker, first time poster. I've been going to Universal since it opened in 1990 and really love the place. Anyway, really excited to hear F&F has finally been announced for 2017. However, I am hoping for something better then what Hollywood got. I know some people who have been on the Hollywood version and they said they hated it. Only time will tell what the final attraction is. One thing to consider is that Furious 8 has a release date of April 14, 2017 the same year Orlando is getting their version. It could be possible that they might film extra new stuff for the attraction while they have all the actors and crew working on the film. Either way, looking forward to 2017 at UOR with F&F and Volcano Bay opening.

Just food for thought:

Square Footage Estimates:

MIB - 77,000 Sq Ft
Gringotts - 87,000 Sq Ft
Disaster + BJ Plot - 144,000 Sq Ft

I'd also like to add for the estimated size of Hollywoods..

Hollywoods F&F - 53,135 Sq Ft.

Yeah unless this plot also includes a new HHN house, there's no way it could be a clone of the Hollywood version. Having a huge queue for a mediocre ride would make no sense.

Hoping that the Hollywood "ride" is just a small part of the Orlando version.

I'd be surprised if this was the same exact ride as Hollywood. I'm sure it will be very similar, but it's way too short of an actual attraction. They will do something different.

I think universal knows that supercharged can't be a stand alone attraction. They are either gonna solve this problem by doing what the fans want and adding more to the ride itself or they're gonna add filler by building a big queue and adding maybe another pre show or something. I'm sorry but 90 seconds of a ride is unacceptable for ANY ride period

I love the disparity on these forums. Haha. Love reading you peoples posts!

I think we may see Universal build up.

What happens to Lombards?
What happens to the San Francisco Waterfront?

Do we honestly believe that the plans have changed in the past 24 hours? Yesterdays post was probably a rough draft written by the guy from Universal Creative that got tweaked by the PR and marketing department before being posted.

I would be shocked if it wasn't a San Fran based attraction which means places like Lombards can still exist peacefully in that local.

This will be the ride system

driving.bmp

I would legitimate want this over more crappy 3D screens any day! :angry:

Last edited: