Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 133 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
???

I was just asking a question. I'm as clueless as any other regular member.
Same here. The only positive is that signs are kind of pointing to some changes in the non 360 portion of the attraction. Whether they are good or negative remains to be seen.Though it would be tough for any changes to be worst than those pre 360 scenes......One other point I'd like to make. Some who have seen the Hollywood 360 version talked about various issues with the projection. Robert Niles of TPI, in his review on IOA's Kong's 360 scene, said that Orlando's Kong 360 was a considerable upgrade over Hollywood's 360 Kong scene. So I'm hoping Universal did the same with F&F and upgraded the 360 scene for Orlando, and corrected the Hollywood 360 scene issues.

Reactions: Joel
Same here. The only positive is that signs are kind of pointing to some changes in the non 360 portion of the attraction. Whether they are good or negative remains to be seen.Though it would be tough for any changes to be worst than those pre 360 scenes......One other point I'd like to make. Some who have seen the Hollywood 360 version talked about various issues with the projection. Robert Niles of TPI, in his review on IOA's Kong's 360 scene, said that Orlando's Kong 360 was a considerable upgrade over Hollywood's 360 Kong scene. So I'm hoping Universal did the same with F&F and upgraded the 360 scene for Orlando, and corrected the Hollywood 360 scene issues.
I was talking about a possible project for 2019...

no offense to those who like the movies.. but if I were in charge, everyone who does like these movies would be on the B team anyways. stupid movies

The reason why they are popular is the exact opposite of why they should do the ride they are doing. F&F is 90% actual stunts and practicals and 10% CGI, for the last film they actually dropped cars out of air planes and had them parachute down for the scene. Its over the top crazy stupid fun with a strong focus on teamwork and family. A real fan who worked on that would have gotten that essence and would potentially understand where to make the ride better.

The reason why they are popular is the exact opposite of why they should do the ride they are doing. F&F is 90% actual stunts and practicals and 10% CGI, for the last film they actually dropped cars out of air planes and had them parachute down for the scene. Its over the top crazy stupid fun with a strong focus on teamwork and family. A real fan who worked on that would have gotten that essence and would potentially understand where to make the ride better.
I didn't know that, I figured it was all CGI. maybe I'll watch some more and review my opinion

Reactions: tankart150
I still think Paul Walker's death was a big reason people went to see 7 and why I don't think 8 will even come close to those numbers.

I will buy that argument for domestic gross but Paul Walker is no international star and doesn't explain why it did mega bucks overseas. It made twice that overseas than what it made stateside.

no offense to those who like the movies.. but if I were in charge, everyone who does like these movies would be on the B team anyways. stupid movies
They're stupid fun...and have, arguably, likable characters..I've never walked out of one and not felt satisfied getting what I thought I'd get...

The ride on the other hand, that may disappoint some folks