Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 271 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Where is there a Vin Diesel wax figure? I saw someone posing with one in front of a Supercharged logo on IG. Is it in the gift shop or is there a special event going tonight?

Reactions: tankart150
Just got confirmation that it's ready to go, but they keep getting the spinning pinwheel of death.
A couple of hard restarts and a PRAM reset should fix it. Not too long now...
Good to hear.

I was informed by a team member friend that one of the RVs decided to make an unauthorized drive into a wall...wondered how long that would potentially mess things up...

Reactions: Ryno27
Considering Hollywood had their Supercharged ceremony having cars Jump into and smashing through a freaking billboard, perhaps they may be planning on wrecking cars into the lagoon? xD
Maybe that’s what all the work in the lagoon is for? Gas lines for explosions in the middle of the lagoon where the cars will land? Eh?;):lol:

Last edited:
If they were testing pyro though? Haha just kidding! It’s fun to dream though!;):lol::lol:

If it's pyro that's the question, it may be good to remind some people that for a large nighttime show, they have to do testing over a period of time to make sure it's sustainable. And considering how large the Lagoon is, they may be testing pyro pads first over the next few weeks to see what they can get away with, especially if they plan on doing pyro on the roof of attractions ala FJ.

Going to guess this, and it's merely speculation: They are going to have this show ready by July or August, and that the show will be announced sometime in April or May.

Edit: Also, low-key, I'm not going to be shocked if Drupercharged is used as a launch pad on the roof, as it certainly has the space to do it with it being noticable from nearly everywhere around the lagoon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack Kannenberg
I'm thinking April 9th or later before softs of any kind. Could be wrong though. April 7th is the end of Mardi Gras and the 8th is a Sunday... the 9th is the first Monday after Easter crowds go away.

Considering i'm expecting a Friday opening, May is the earliest i'd expect for an official open. Grad Bash is every Friday in April with the park closing at 6 for day guests. Fallon opened on a Thursday in Early April last year though so it is a possibility.

Oh wow! A new nighttime show and they burn F&F to the ground. What more could we ask for!
giphy.gif

If it's pyro that's the question, it may be good to remind some people that for a large nighttime show, they have to do testing over a period of time to make sure it's sustainable. And considering how large the Lagoon is, they may be testing pyro pads first over the next few weeks to see what they can get away with, especially if they plan on doing pyro on the roof of attractions ala FJ.

Going to guess this, and it's merely speculation: They are going to have this show ready by July or August, and that the show will be announced sometime in April or May.

Edit: Also, low-key, I'm not going to be shocked if Drupercharged is used as a launch pad on the roof, as it certainly has the space to do it with it being noticable from nearly everywhere around the lagoon.
Considering Disaster’s roof was a launch pad, it makes sense.

Oh wow! A new nighttime show and they burn F&F to the ground. What more could we ask for!
wouldn’t that be an amazing show! I’d pay a good sum of money to see that! ;):dance::dance:

It also switches texture on the other side too. That's so it blends in with Kings Cross facades on that side.
That’s what I thought, but just making sure. I’m surprised they just switch it without like a column or anything to separate the two!

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I'm thinking April 9th or later before softs of any kind. Could be wrong though. April 7th is the end of Mardi Gras and the 8th is a Sunday... the 9th is the first Monday after Easter crowds go away.

Considering i'm expecting a Friday opening, May is the earliest i'd expect for an official open. Grad Bash is every Friday in April with the park closing at 6 for day guests. Fallon opened on a Thursday in Early April last year though so it is a possibility.
When's the last time Universal didn't open something on a Thursday? That seems to be their day of the week this decade.