Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the Musion room can be easily retooled.  But that means bringing the actors back.  This attraction is a mess.  Its Creature from the Black Lagoon all over again...except you can't skip it!

Reactions: BernardMesa
There IS one positive in this situation. If it's really that nad, and the reviews are going go be constantly negative from a big portion of the public (has to be overall negative, can't be just us fanboys), then at least it will technically be easy to redo, rerender, and refilm the final room. That's the benefit of it being all CGI, it's not like Forbidden Journey where everything is built, it's literally just a box and simulator platform.

So...while it may be expensive, if they DID want to redo it, they can actually keep the ride open, and simultaneously start reshooting and creating a slightly different and better looking/acted concept for the final room, and then once that's finished and tested off site, they can close Supercharged for a few weeks for "refurbishment" to implement the new film, and have that switchover.

Reactions: Aaron and DonRaf
There IS one positive in this situation. If it's really that nad, and the reviews are going go be constantly negative from a big portion of the public (has to be overall negative, can't be just us fanboys), then at least it will technically be easy to redo, rerender, and refilm the final room. That's the benefit of it being all CGI, it's not like Forbidden Journey where everything is built, it's literally just a box and simulator platform.

So...while it may be expensive, if they DID want to redo it, they can actually keep the ride open, and simultaneously start reshooting and creating a slightly different and better looking/acted concept for the final room, and then once that's finished and tested off site, they can close Supercharged for a few weeks for "refurbishment" to implement the new film, and have that switchover.
I agree...but I think people are a little underwhelmed with the entire concept. Originally, people thought it would be a full ride, in that two show rooms each have 90 sec of footage. It was supposed to raise the bar, change things up. Even if the footage gets better...I don't think people will ever see this as anything more than a "second" Kong on the tour. 

yeah if they redo at least the CGi maybe a night setting or sunset/night will  be great the actors could just come in for voice over since they can make them CGI characters  . but at this point its not going to happen, even if the public and fanboys tear this attraction a new one it will at least be a whole year until we see something new if they do considered "re-filming" or "retouching " this thing.

"Oh dear... got the details which I cannot go into... but this attraction is on life-support right now... somewhat literally. Universal Hollywood is having a cow at the negative reviews that they KNEW would come because of the serious issues they are having.

Everything and everyone is at DEFCON II. Hello Gringotts, here we go again! It's that bad."

" don't know why these things happen as a general rule but it was suggested that Universal or UC requested a change rather recently that has snowballed to a degree. "

holy poop i read other post from this guy   Teebin from  Orlando United ... i  wonder what UC decided to change last minute or what is really going on but whatever it is this thing is a disaster  and by the sound of it , universal knows it too.

It seems clear to me that they leaned far too heavily on the actors. I guess I can't blame universal, I'm sure they were expensive. But you can tell they paid these people so they wanted to throw them in your face as much as possible. And the whole thing is just so uncomfortable. They shouldn't have leaned so heavily on these actors.

Even the dance club just looks soooooo sterile. The dancers just looks silly, out of place. I'd be real unhappy if someone invited me to that party.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems clear to me that they leaned far too heavily on the actors. I guess I can't blame universal, I'm sure they were expensive. But you can tell they paid these people so they wanted to throw them in your face as much as possible. And the whole thing is just so uncomfortable. They shouldn't have leaned so heavily on these actors.

Even the dance club just looks soooooo sterile. The dancers just looks silly, out of place. I'd be real unhappy if someone invited me to that party.
I would be very unhappy as well if someone invited me to a party like that . So far the attraction itself is getting bad reviews and Its just gonna get worst .

Universal sent out surveys to employees. I just completed mine, hopefully they make changes. It was all my co-workers and I talked about yesterday. All of us had problems with it.

Reactions: Aaron
If Universal DOES make changes and improvements over time (similar to how Imagineering is still tinkering with Little Mermaid), that'd be fantastic and I will be very proud of them to not just say "oh well, you get what you get."

A lot is riding on it (forgive the pun) also because they're making a big deal about it being the epic grand finale of the whole Studio Tour, and if it flops, it puts a bad taste in everyone's mouth and is the last impression everyone leaves the tour with.

It's also going to be especially rough to see negative reactions since guests will ride the tour for 45 minutes anticipating this new finale, only to be let down.

If I was Universal, I'd take these critiques to heart ASAP and green light a major fix ASAP, a lot is riding on this.....again, forgive the pun.

I feel the fact they are hyping supercharged as a "new ride" is only going to hurt them.

I am really starting to get scared between the night-time tours and supercharged getting bad early reviews.

I feel on both fronts they over promoted and set expectations way WAY too high....

But, I am trying to hold my opinion until I see both in person, but to be fair I am no longer looking forward to them now... (I kinda feel I pushed my friends into going to a "bad" event, sad face....)

Its really disappointing as I feel they really knocked Springfield out of the park with the quality.

Guess we still have Potter, they can't screw that up! Right?   .....sigh.

I feel the fact they are hyping supercharged as a "new ride" is only going to hurt them.

I am really starting to get scared between the night-time tours and supercharged getting bad early reviews.

I feel on both fronts they over promoted and set expectations way WAY too high....

But, I am trying to hold my opinion until I see both in person, but to be fair I am no longer looking forward to them now... (I kinda feel I pushed my friends into going to a "bad" event, sad face....)

Its really disappointing as I feel they really knocked Springfield out of the park with the quality.

Guess we still have Potter, they can't screw that up! Right?   .....sigh.
I really wanted to see Universal develop a new ride that Orlando won't get for a few years. Yeah they'll knock it out of the park with Potter, but its been built in two other locations already (with Orlando being 6 years ago!). IMO, this ride was Hollywood's shot at making a big ride that they could celebrate for a few years. Missed opportunity...but I can truly comment on the quality after Saturday.

I'm sorry but when thy first announced the attraction, they made it seem like a live helicopter was going burst down from the ceiling and there were going to be a bunch of practical effects.. Not just a kong with an impressive preshow... I wasn't expecting much from the attraction after finding out that it was going to be the same as long so it's just funny to me now watching the videos.. Oh well we are still getting potter

Reactions: Freak
Based on the videos, It's not as bad as I thought, however I too feel that the biggest misstep was involving the actors as much as they did. Universal assumed that people genuinely like these characters. They don't, the characters are the co-stars in 'turn your brain off' action movies like Fast. Could you imagine Shia Labeouf's being a main character in Transformers the ride? God no. I feel if they stuck with simple street racing/action, simple story. The overall experience would have been much better.

It's almost good, just needs major tweaking.