Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just got an email saying my preview has been postponed as they "look to fine tune the ride during technical rehearsals."

UGH. Mine was for tomorrow morning Does that mean there's a chance I can still gonl on it tomorrow from tech rehearsal?

I just got the same email... really sucks I have family from over seas and I told them I was taking them on the ride tuesday...

I think it really hurts universals image when you have people RSVP for the event...

I also paid for day passes so my family could see it, now I wish I spent the money on Dland so lame.

Over all I feel the preview has been handled poorly, they tried to charge a friend for a black out day pass or upgrade when he came for the preview and it states you can enter on black out days......

I hope universal gets it together soon! sometimes I feel i'm at magic mountain... with "some" of the workers...

Girlfriend and I had RSVP'd for this Thursday, but we also just received the cancellation email. We were really looking forward to it, but they've been having problems so USH may be doing us a favor.

I just desperately wish USH would get an updated website! I never receive any emails for them, no matter how many times I've filled out the requests. My hope would be when they get all this AP business fixed it also brings a refreshed look to their ugly current site.

Well, I'm disappointed, specifically took a day off tomorrow to go with my sister to the preview, as her pass is expiring soon.

No point in going tomorrow now. While I'm happy they're "fine tuning" the attraction, it's still lame that they postponed it, not everyone has the luxury of making or changing plans last second. They should've just sent an email saying "we look forward to seeing you during the preview tomorrow! However, please realize that we are still fine tuning the attraction, so it may not be 100% complete during your visit. However, we hope you enjoy previewing the attraction before it's complete for the general public!"

They could've easily allowed guests to ride it while still tuning it, and took advantage of this to make it seem more exclusive that we're getting to ride it before it's "done". Would've been better for PR.

Well, I'm going tomorrow morning anyway and hope for a soft. The email said that they're still working things out from tech rehearsals so I think there's a fair chance of getting a ride in. If I don't, I'm just going to watch the POV.

This reminds me of the JAWS disaster when USF just opened. Its possible this could suffer the same fate.

Well, I'm disappointed, specifically took a day off tomorrow to go with my sister to the preview, as her pass is expiring soon.

No point in going tomorrow now. While I'm happy they're "fine tuning" the attraction, it's still lame that they postponed it, not everyone has the luxury of making or changing plans last second. They should've just sent an email saying "we look forward to seeing you during the preview tomorrow! However, please realize that we are still fine tuning the attraction, so it may not be 100% complete during your visit. However, we hope you enjoy previewing the attraction before it's complete for the general public!"

They could've easily allowed guests to ride it while still tuning it, and took advantage of this to make it seem more exclusive that we're getting to ride it before it's "done". Would've been better for PR.
Exactly! I feel like this is a bit of a knee-jerk reaction from the horrible reviews from employee preview. They're probably so embarrassed by it, they want to ease the pain. They should at least give the pass holders a chance. I suspect I'll see a lot of angry pass holders tomorrow finding out the hard way that their even just got canceled.

When I went I had some guest with me, and was told they couldn't ride because I didn't have the tickets, when yet I did. Hate to be rude, but the team member at the preview enterence was a complete idiot and didn't undersand how the guest tickets worked. So my guests never got to ride. Oh well. Glad I got to ride yesterday!

When I went I had some guest with me, and was told they couldn't ride because I didn't have the tickets, when yet I did. Hate to be rude, but the team member at the preview enterence was a complete idiot and didn't undersand how the guest tickets worked. So my guests never got to ride. Oh well. Glad I got to ride yesterday!
Only one guest per annual pass member was allowed for the Supercharged preview, so if you had more than one, he was just doing his job.

Reactions: mratigan
No, we had two pass holders, two guests. Oh well. 

I personally would say the whole experience cost about $60-80 million. They really need to build the facility, made the media, and pay the actors. 

Was it me, or is are the characters in the main room all animated over the actor's performance, motion captured? 

I reserved for Sunday, but have yet to receive the cancellation email, even checked my spam. Maybe they're holding on to the hope that it could be fixed by the weekend?

Reactions: William
Was it me, or is are the characters in the main room all animated over the actor's performance, motion captured? 
Yes, there was some animation thrown in there with the motion capture. I think it all looks ok till people jump from one thing to another. It's got to be hard to convincingly animate dudes jumping in the air.

I went on the AP Preview today and thought Supercharged was fun. After reading the earlier reactions here and elsewhere, I went in with lower expectations, but even then, I didn't think the attraction came close to being horrible. Now, it could and should have been better, but I didn't think it was bad. King Kong 360 3D is definitely the better of the two experiences. And my main disappointment is that 5 years later, Universal couldn't do better.

Reading the posts above about previews being cancelled this week seems to indicate that tweaks and fixes are being made. I definitely applaud this, but acknowledge that it's hugely disappointing and inconvenient to those guests planning trips this week. It will be interesting to see if anything significant can be changed before the official opening.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had RSVP-ed for this upcoming Saturday at 11:00 AM, and I didn't get an email about any delays. I suspect they hope to work out the kinks during the week in time for more APHs on the weekend.

Reactions: chris.g
They wouldn't cancel it unless it was technical related, which it very obviously was. At least three reviews here alone mentioned tech issues... sounds like it's just not functioning as smooth as they had hoped.

Did universal see this coming and they to ignore it? I mean I'm sure they where testing the attraction months before previews started

Did universal see this coming and they to ignore it? I mean I'm sure they where testing the attraction months before previews started