Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Only one more days till Supercharged officially opens. I bet USH is just praying the bugs get ironed out. Hey, do tour rides have grand openings? Or are they just gonna say, "Look it's open now, so enjoy!"  

I went on F&F twice today and experienced no technical issues. The ride was actually much better than I expected since I went in with such low expectations. The 1st time I went on, it was normal. But the 2nd time, there was a 2 tram wait for getting in so all the clips before the actual ride were an extended version of the normal clips we usually see. So when Luke Hobbs intercepts the video call his voice is heard first saying that it isn't a good idea for the tram to go back to the unload area, then his video appears. Also, when he says to mute agent Novak, it doesn't mute him and the tour guide says that they shouldn't mute him, but Luke convinces him and Agent Novak gets muted. Another video they showed was a video telling you all about the characters in Fast and Furious. Also the tour guide played the clip where Roman Pierce is talking about the girls in the 3rd row, so I guess they only use that clip when the tram has to be in the pre-preshowroom longer than normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
My tram sat through all the clips when we tried to go through unsuccessfully a few times yesterday. To sit through all the horribly acted preshow clips and not get to do the animation is such a slap in the face haha. Glad you got to experience it!

Reactions: 12th Man
Well..... I experienced Supercharged 3 times yesterday without any technical issues. Did have to wait "in line" the 2nd time around to get into the building. Yea, all 3 times they played the full pre-show video "3rd row" crap. I noticed that people cheered/squeed when Vin Diesel & The Rock showed up during the preshow scene, then cheered after the attraction ended.. I seem to recall witnessing this reaction during the 2nd ride through though..

WHY IS THERE SO MUCH DAMN WATER!? Seriously, I felt like I was back on JPRA! <_<

I'm still really tired from yesterday (no idea why im even awake), so i'll post more later, along with a few pics of stuff..

It's kind of unbelievable how misleading the official USH radio commercial for Supercharged is.....eesh. This is gonna be awkward.
All these commercials with it made to sound like a race? That commercial on tv made it sound like a ride and only the twitter account for Fast and the Furious has made mention that its actually an addition to the studio tour.

The radio commercial went something like this: "your heart is pounding. Your knuckles and hands are grasping on for dear life. You're pushed back into your seat from the high speed 100mph race off a highway overhang. It's not just a movie...IT'S A RIDE."

They could've been more sly in their wording for commercials, but they go to great lengths to advertise it like a stand alone ride, almost like a roller coaster.

Reactions: Aaron
Not gonna lie... I've gotten the "REALLY!?" look from the roommates when the Supercharged commercial comes on tv because without even looking up from my laptop, I'll quote the commercial exactly in sync with it :lol: :ph34r:  -sigh-

I'm looking forward to seeing the video from today's grand opening event..... curious to see if it is as bad as the actual attraction :p Although I did already make the joke earlier about how the car reached 88mph and "bumped" the sign (bumped, crashed.. same thing.... from a certain point of view)

The grand opening was as much of a mess as the attraction itself. I did enjoy the Pit Crew dancers (same routine they do in the Universal Plaza though .....sort've). A friend of mine from Florida helped set up the pyro for this and its a good thing that it was impressive, otherwise I'd have given him crap for it. I think I liked DM & TF's grand opening ceremonies more... they didn't feel as.. "thrown together"/random... plus they were in front of their respective rides..

The car jumping through the sign was cool and all I guess... :unsure:  but really, the ONLY car I want to see speeding through Courthouse Square is a Delorean hitting 88mph.. (you know.. like that one nighttime studio tour rumor.. sigh)

I did some reflecting on Supercharged this morning since "Fast Five" came on tv & of course I watched it....  and yea, Supercharged just doesn't give you the same feel as the films. I know the obvious is due to "real practical filming/stunts" vs "greenscreen/CGI".. but after having been on Supercharged & watching one of the films, I realized that they're completely polar opposites. The new attraction just doesn't capture the heart, the essence or feel of the films. Its honestly as if UC have never watched the films before. Of course I do believe the lack of Paul Walker doesn't help either.

Reactions: Stylowtrix
I think SuperCharged should have been about racing. Plain and simple.
The TV spot released a couple of months ago suggested this, as well, which is odd.

From what I'm hearing, they've made some reasonable adjustments to certain effects in the animation. Still seems to be breaking down ever so often, so I hope they get that fixed. I plan on going to the park this Saturday to make up for my cancelled reservation last weekend. Let's see how that goes..!

Reactions: raffman
they should have made it start as racing ride  ...and half way through the race shaw shows up and you know ..he blows poop up and all. but noooooooo universal wanted to be clowns  and make up a lame story.

I'll be at the park tomorrow (later today since its already AM lol) to make up for my postponed preview as well. Will definitely let you guys know my opinion, judging by the recent comments I'm just hoping it doesn't break down on me! Haha
Best of luck! If you're up to it, let Guest Relations know that you were never compensated for your preview; there's a chance they may make it up to you somehow. No guarantee, but I'd say it's worth it to at least let them know that you're upset about being jipped.

Speaking of which, I'm curious as to how they plan on handling this situation as a whole (if at all). Many APHs reserved a time slot to experience this attraction before the grand opening, and only a minority got what they signed up for. Their loyalty toward their annual pass-holders has proven to be extremely lackluster lately.

Yea I have been wondering, what universal was going to do to make up the situation I kinda feel they hope we forget about it....

I really feel they should do something though, it was a pain to sign up for, then some of us took time off work, I invited family from over seas...lol

I think letting Guest Relations know on your next trip is a good idea though.

Hell I was looking for a consumer complaints email for a while after what happened, never found what I thought I needed.

I wish universal would step up there game with pass-holder loyalty and goodwill, I said it before but this comes off like magic mountain.

Reactions: William