Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
WAS JUST GONNA POST IT but didn't because I kept rewatching that video that Yahoo posted, like, 4 times!!! Some really fantastic behind the scenes footage!

JUNE 25TH IT IS!!! So obviously early June will have soft opening! I'll definitely check in with my inside source to get updates on the first soft opening date.

We're so close you guys!

Are ya ready, kid?

Reactions: William and Imdbman
Theres something interesting...June 26th, the park hours are longer than the normal times which for the rest which excludes Mondays which is also the same time. Which it is;

9 Am to 10 Pm.

It might be wishful thinking but I have hope they're going to test nighttime tours those days.

2885enc.jpg

:D

Little something I threw together.

One interesting item I noticed in the Yahoo video, the screen setup is a bit different than Kong. The section of screens towards the last car of the tram doesn't bend, in Kong it does. This is probably to give room for the kuka arm tracks. 

One interesting item I noticed in the Yahoo video, the screen setup is a bit different than Kong. The section of screens towards the last car of the tram doesn't bend, in Kong it does. This is probably to give room for the kuka arm tracks.
I just rewatched the video for a 5th time, and I didn't see any "different screen setup", where are you looking? They don't show the inside of the show building, they only show behind the scenes green screen footage for the actors filming footage for the attraction, not sure where you're looking? What did I miss?

Reactions: Alexshow.
I just rewatched the video for a 5th time, and I didn't see any "different screen setup", where are you looking? They don't show the inside of the show building, they only show behind the scenes green screen footage for the actors filming footage for the attraction, not sure where you're looking? What did I miss?
Here ya go. Edit: D'oh didn't see Mratigan's link above. 

16254943883_99e1affc87_b.jpg

Better update my comparison of Kong and F&F haha. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh hai... longtime lurker.. blah blah.. etc.. lol

I absolutely LOVE the Fast & Furious franchise, so I'm excited to experience the Studio Tour's newest attraction (despite the fact that I'm so over everything being screen-based/3D nowadays & of course, my hatred towards KONG 360 lol). Can they please fire the marketing team already?

"The blockbuster franchise has spawned a white-knuckle thrill ride opening June 25 at Universal Studios Hollywood."

The studio tour is the ride, Fast & Furious is an attraction on said ride.. what is so difficult about grasping this concept? Then they turn back around and say this which makes all of us facepalm....

"In 3D-HD, "Fast & Furious: Supercharged" will be the finale of the studio's signature tram tour."

So they keep insisting on referring to Fast & Furious as a new ride, but then FINALLY say its part of the Studio Tour. I know there are people who probably find the studio tour lame/boring or have no interest in riding it... but come on. I've always been annoyed how they insist on listing KONG 360 separately on the UNI website.

Now for a laugh... and to reassure us all that the earth is definitely doomed, I saw these three comments on Universal's FB page post for this yahoo article:

- "June 25th till what month?"

- "We are coming to visit you next month. Please tell me the tram tour is still open & not going to be closed to get ready for this. This sounds awesome but I needs me some Universal backlot! Also is the King Kong 3D part still on it?"

- "When is this gonna be open?"

I absolutely LOVE the Fast & Furious franchise, so I'm excited to experience the Studio Tour's newest attraction (despite the fact that I'm so over everything being screen-based/3D nowadays & of course, my hatred towards KONG 360 lol). Can they please fire the marketing team already?

"The blockbuster franchise has spawned a white-knuckle thrill ride opening June 25 at Universal Studios Hollywood."

The studio tour is the ride, Fast & Furious is an attraction on said ride.. what is so difficult about grasping this concept? Then they turn back around and say this which makes all of us facepalm....

"In 3D-HD, "Fast & Furious: Supercharged" will be the finale of the studio's signature tram tour."

So they keep insisting on referring to Fast & Furious as a new ride, but then FINALLY say its part of the Studio Tour. I know there are people who probably find the studio tour lame/boring or have no interest in riding it... but come on. I've always been annoyed how they insist on listing KONG 360 separately on the UNI website.

Now for a laugh... and to reassure us all that the earth is definitely doomed, I saw these three comments on Universal's FB page post for this yahoo article:

- "We are coming to visit you next month. Please tell me the tram tour is still open & not going to be closed to get ready for this. This sounds awesome but I needs me some Universal backlot! Also is the King Kong 3D part still on it?"

Welcome Wesker! Remember me from HNN? ;)

But yeah, that screen set up is interesting.

Reactions: Wesker69 and Aaron

Ah the ol USH bait-and-switch marketing scheme.

Reactions: Aaron
According to the USH FB page.... you'll be able to catch "a special behind-the-scenes making of [HASHTAG]#FastFuriousRide[/HASHTAG] (hah "ride")  :rolleyes:  during "FAST FIVE" on NBC tomorrow night (8pm). I have a feeling we'll be seeing the same footage that is in that video posted today in that yahoo article, but with some extended BTS footage.

While the filming aspect is cool and all, I actually want to get a sneak-peek of the actual attraction show building itself. I'm more curious to see that with the lights on since it won't exactly spoil the actual attraction. I just hope they did the screens properly, unlike KONG 360... when I went to the park last month, I was in 3rd tram car (jaws side) 2nd to last row and once inside KONG 360, I noticed you could see the top of the screen/ceiling without even trying due to the way the screen is curved.. I felt like that should not be something any guest should see. The attraction is not immersive at all, so I'm curious to see how they execute the screens for F&F:Supercharged.