Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 199 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Exactly. They took something they spent millions on that didn't work as well as they hoped (though some people like it) and are making it a more complete attraction to reuse a film in a better way. Hopefully, just like Kong, the plussing they do is enough to compensate for the weaknesses of the original and make a fully fleshed out attraction.

If you look at the back of the building during contruction. There are 3 tanks. 2 white ones and a beige one. One of the types of tanks are probably for the air compression for the tram. But the other one has me intrigued. Maybe natural gas tank??

I would assume the ride system would be different than the Universal Hollywood trams, so perhaps two of them are CO2 tanks and the other is the natural gas tank?

I thought I would bring this little nugget back up from page 29 of this thread.

My guy is still saying "City Buses" and not the rumored utilitarian trucks.

Just sayin'.
In the original ride aren't we eventually tethered to a fast car and pulled down the highway (like they tow the safe in one of the films.) That's an excuse for the speed.

Reactions: tankart150
So pretty much what they do to the tram cars in the 360 sequence at Hollywood?
That's what I was referring to when I said in the "original ride." I expect that part to remain, so no matter what ride vehicle they go with, it will go fast from us being tethered to someone else.

EDIT: Also, I wouldn't expect to see multiple RVs in a row in the 360 scene because of this, as only the first one would appear to be tethered. If there are to be multiple cars, they would start off connected (like a tram.) But I don't see that happening.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I would like to know why everyone is genuinely unhappy with this upcoming attraction? Is it the IP? The type of ride it will be? Share :)

I will go hide in a corner now :bolt:

I would like to know why everyone is genuinely unhappy with this upcoming attraction? Is it the IP? The type of ride it will be? Share :)

The type of ride it will be mixed with the IP. Plus we know how it turned out in Hollywood, and even if it's a plussed version, it still doesn't seem like it will be a very good or exciting attraction, especially when we're getting Mario Kart and stuff afterwards.

Reactions: WebHead1138

Didn’t you ask the exact same question a week or so ago? Then we explained then? Just go back a few pages and you can re-read it.

Reactions: JoeCamel

Column A, and Column B.

I think it's a unfair representation of the IP; which has had a version once for Moscow that seemed to be a racing/drifting coaster. I think that they could've done a crossover of that type of attraction, with the story from Hollywood to make a more genuine attraction.

And that I also think the base attraction from Hollywood, has it's fair share of problems. What @Disneyhead implied excites me, but you still have to deal with an attraction with really cheesy dialogue and if we go by Hollywood, cartoonistic visuals for the 360 sequence.

Although, as @Andysol stated; you asked the same thing a week or two ago. And that we explained it to you as such from multiple people. I hope to be surprised, but coming from someone that HAS ridden the Hollywood version; I have sincere doubts that Orlando can recover it.