Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - Reviews, Photos, & Videos

I think in a world where Kong wasn't a stone's throw away, and where USF had 3-or-so fewer simulator/screenz experiences, I would feel much more forgiving towards the attraction.

The Kong/F&F thing doesn't bother me. Transformers and Spider-Man are the same distance away and I love both of them. The screen thing is what it is, but I don't go into Shrek or Fallon, and rarely do Minion Mayhem, so it doesn't bother me.

My biggest gripe about F&F using the same tech as Kong is that it takes away from Kong's uniqueness. Kong is the PERFECT use of the tech and, at the time of opening, was the most unique attraction at the resort. At least with Transformers/Spiderman, the ride tech fits the narrative.

No. But I think it's far, far more entertaining than most here give it credit for, and is nowhere near the great injustice some make it out to be.

Im not sure entertaining is the right word, its more of a bad guilty pleasure.
More of an oddity ride. Like a freakshow of body horrors type of show.

The pre shows and the party scene are too boring for be entertaining,
And the screen part is too short.

It is definitely a freakish curiosity.
But i dont know if entertaining is the right word

The Kong/F&F thing doesn't bother me. Transformers and Spider-Man are the same distance away and I love both of them. The screen thing is what it is, but I don't go into Shrek or Fallon, and rarely do Minion Mayhem, so it doesn't bother me.

I'm aware it doesn't bother you, and that's okay!

For me, I'm spending too much money for a day at Universal Studios Florida for the park to have that many attractions that I feel are so dramatically similar in nature (both to things in other parks and within the same park itself).

And I'm also spending too much money to skip all of them, too. Wouldn't you rather the Shrek, Fallon, and Minion spots actually be occupied by attractions you wanted to experience?

My biggest gripe about F&F using the same tech as Kong is that it takes away from Kong's uniqueness. Kong is the PERFECT use of the tech and, at the time of opening, was the most unique attraction at the resort.

Kong uses the concept brilliantly, and to see it basically bastardized/slapped onto Supercharged really bugs me. Kong provides a complete, fleshed-out, epic-sized experience. Supercharged feels so cheap in comparison.

I'm aware it doesn't bother you, and that's okay!

For me, I'm spending too much money for a day at Universal Studios Florida for the park to have that many attractions that I feel are so dramatically similar in nature (both to things in other parks and within the same park itself).

And I'm also spending too much money to skip all of them, too. Wouldn't you rather the Shrek, Fallon, and Minion spots actually be occupied by attractions you wanted to experience?

To be clear, I want to experience Minions, I really like that ride. Line is just too long.

And sure. I'd have preferred something other than Fallon and for Shrek to get replaced. But that's not my call, so nothing I can do about it.

I can see @JungleSkip 's point here about it being so bad it's good but for me it stretches beyond the good bad and is just plain bad bad. Comparing it to a bad movie is a decent enough point to make but for me a bad movie usually has some kind of quotable moment or something that is just so awful that it staggers belief and the same goes for bad rides. Twister was terrible by most standards but Bill Paxton made it a parody and a some what enjoyable experience, F&F just doesn't have these moments. It's over so fast and suddenly that you don't know what's happened.

I can see @JungleSkip 's point here about it being so bad it's good but for me it stretches beyond the good bad and is just plain bad bad. Comparing it to a bad movie is a decent enough point to make but for me a bad movie usually has some kind of quotable moment or something that is just so awful that it staggers belief and the same goes for bad rides. Twister was terrible by most standards but Bill Paxton made it a parody and a some what enjoyable experience, F&F just doesn't have these moments. It's over so fast and suddenly that you don't know what's happened.

See I think there's MORE unintentional comedy here than there ever was in Twister. But to each their own.

it would have been a lot better if they did a ride based on Sharknado. at least that would have been really 'so bad is good" kind of ride.
at least the cheesiness and the lameness of the ride would have fit

So just a reminder, this thread is for reviews of F&F, please keep general discussions to the main thread. I believe we've gotten past the initial wave of asking questions of @JungleSkip and moved into a larger discussion.

-----

I rode Thursday night with Drew before @JungleSkip got into town. I was drunk, surrounded by friends, and found the actual action scene fine. My issue is the amount of money, time, and justification leading up to it could have been spend on a better ride if they just changed the 360* scene. But they didn't, which leads up to the main issue of the ride.

For me it doesn't come around from bad bad to good bad because of that. If they aimed for the fences with new elements and swung out then I could get on board with "good bad".

FWIW my one ride on F&F I didn't hear anyone praise the ride, including my non-theme park friend who went with me. But guests and my friend did enjoy Fallon, FWIW.

I will try that next time I ride F&F in December. I'll go to Finnegan's for the drinking pre show:toast:, get roaring drunk:cheers:, and then ride F&F. My next review should be interesting. :lol: Maybe Universal should advertise the ride that way, and do the first pre show down the block at Finnegan's. :idea: