Fast & Furious: Supercharged - Reviews, Photos, & Videos | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - Reviews, Photos, & Videos

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
THE ROOM is nowhere near the worst movie ever made. It's entertaining. Is it entertaining in the way it is *meant* to be entertaining? Hell no. This ride is completely and utterly ridiculous, and is entertaining in that way. It's baffling decisions after baffling decision, and it is fun because of that. It's nowhere near the affront to god the people here make it out to be.
If this was built at Disney, you would be all over this for how bad it is. That’s sort of what I’m getting at. We should expect a lot better than this crap from Universal, especially with how much space in the park the ride takes up.

Yes, laughing at it is the way to enjoy it. As I've said before numerous times, classic unintentional camp comedy. I now accept it for what it is, and that has some entertainment value, like those 1950's B horror movies. Still, a real waste of a huge area in a park that cries out for expansion space.

The wasted space stinks. I don't disagree with that.

If this was built at Disney, you would be all over this for how bad it is. That’s sort of what I’m getting at. We should expect a lot better than this crap from Universal, especially with how much space in the park the ride takes up.

Nah, I like this ride exactly why I loved Maelstrom. Maelstrom was so god awful, so embarrassingly random, that it was great. Would I have rather had something else than this? Sure. That coaster Six Flags is building would have been perfect. Unfortunately I don't get to call the shots. I get what I get. And I was entertained by this unintentional Monty Python sketch of a ride.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Nick
No, I'm in no way, shape or form saying it's the worst ride ever. I've ridden dozens of worse rides.

Dozens of worse rides? If you're comparing this ride to the worst film ever made that became popular BECAUSE it was the worst film ever made then you're saying the ride is atrocious but you enjoy it for comedic reasons. Just because people laugh at The Room doesn't change the status as the worst film in history.

Dozens of worse rides? If you're comparing this ride to the worst film ever made that became popular BECAUSE it was the worst film ever made then you're saying the ride is atrocious but you enjoy it for comedic reasons. Just because people laugh at The Room doesn't change the status as the worst film in history.

The Room is absolutely not the worst film in history. If you think The Room is the worst film in history you have not watched enough films.

Whatever the reason something is entertaining, at least it *is* entertaining. I can say that about Supercharged. I cannot say that about a lot of rides I have ridden across the world.

I’d actually like to see WDI let their hair down a bit and make a ride that wasn’t super serious. Ridiculous attractions have their place. Twister was ridiculous. Disaster was ridiculous. Having fun with friends on attraction because the script and experience is ridiculous is a good thing.

Avatar is serious as hell and is a major DRAG.

Family forever!

Reactions: JungleSkip
I’d actually like to see WDI let their hair down a bit and make a ride that wasn’t super serious. Ridiculous attractions have their place. Twister was ridiculous. Disaster was ridiculous. Having fun with friends on attraction because the script and experience is ridiculous is a good thing.

Family forever!

Seriously. I thought Flight of Passage was going to be the same kind of funny when the preshow is at a similar "So Bad It's Good" level, and then the ride started and it was boring as hell.

So you’re trying to say it’s not as bad as people have said, but proceed to compare it to the worst movie ever made? Ok.

Even if you like it for comedic reasons, that doesn’t mean it’s any better than what most of us were making it out to be.
Just because people say The Room is the worst movie ever made, doesn't mean it's the worst movie ever made.

I've seen Manos: The Hands of Fate and Son of the Mask. I'd gladly consider bad and entertaining (like The Room) over bad and boring any day of the week.

Just pulling this one randomly...

Family forever!

Reactions: Legacy
Just because people say The Room is the worst movie ever made, doesn't mean it's the worst movie ever made.

I've seen Manos: The Hands of Fate and Son of the Mask. I'd gladly consider bad and entertaining (like The Room) over bad and boring any day of the week.

Hell, I'd personally take bad and entertaining over competently made and boring any day of the week. But MST3K is also one of my favorite shows of all time, so that probably factors in.

F&F = The Room (which my screen name is a reference to, BTW)

Fallon = The Emoji Movie (for SOME reason, audiences like Fallon :look:)

Last edited:
At least it's looking like UC will get their good rep back with the Potter coaster. From what we can see at this point in time, the only argument will be the level of how good it will be, 8, 9 or 10 .

Reactions: Disneyhead

Oh whatever, it’s still one of the worst movies ever made. This whole argument comparing the ride to The Room is completely ridiculous. It doesn’t change the fact that the ride still sucks.

Reactions: therock
Okay...I've ridden it.

It's nowhere near as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Is it a good ride? No, no it is not. But it is at a level of insanity (in that people thought that this was a good idea) that it is entertaining as hell. This is THE ROOM of theme park attractions. You go from preshow to another preshow immediately, followed by two on-ride preshows. It's like an Andy Kaufman bit. And the 360 portion is so incomprehensible it's like a parody of Universal attractions. I love it.

Ludacris acting and the awkward conversations with the uni workers in that pre show are definitely ROOM worthy.
I cringe at hearing the uni workers reply at such cringe dialogue and situation..
The Rock pre video and vin diesel acting is ROOM worthy.

But like i said before. The only way to enjoy this THE ROOM, is to sit in the right side window to be able to see the ride video

I don't really subscribe to the "this attraction is so terrible it somehow crosses over the line into being fun!" school of thought. I unashamedly and unabashedly enjoyed attractions like Twister and Maelstrom... because I actually thought they were good and worth my time, not because they were so bad that I derived ironic, detached, "look how terrible all this is" amusement from them.

There is a place for attractions that are intentionally silly and goofy. Intentionally. As in, designed with a wink and a nod to let the audience know they're in on the joke. Others may disagree, I don't get that from Supercharged. I think they really believed they were making a legitimately good ride, and on that front, it's a creative failure.

A lazy, misfired, waste-of-space failure.

In my opinion!

I don't really subscribe to the "this attraction is so terrible it somehow crosses over the line into being fun!" school of thought. I unashamedly and unabashedly enjoyed attractions like Twister and Maelstrom... because I actually thought they were good and worth my time, not because they were so bad that I derived ironic, detached, "look how terrible all this is" amusement from them.

There is a place for attractions that are intentionally silly and goofy. Intentionally. As in, designed with a wink and a nod to let the audience know they're in on the joke. Others may disagree, I don't get that from Supercharged. I think they really believed they were making a legitimately good ride, and on that front, it's a creative failure.

A lazy, misfired, waste-of-space failure.

In my opinion!
I don’t think anyone is disputing that overall the ride is not the best work from Uni.

Reactions: belloq87
No. But I think it's far, far more entertaining than most here give it credit for, and is nowhere near the great injustice some make it out to be.

I think in a world where Kong wasn't a stone's throw away, and where USF had 3-or-so fewer simulator/screenz experiences, I would feel much more forgiving towards the attraction.

Reactions: therock