Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - Reviews, Photos, & Videos

Gotta add something real quick:

I have a 12-year-old who is a tinkerer; loves building models and Lego and poop. He loves stopping by the F&F exit store any time we walk by to build a car and then take apart *every* *single* car that other people have built, and put all the parts away. TMs have thanked him for this an multiple occasions (apparently some TMs do this all day long).

It is actually kind of a cool way to take a break, as I can swing by the Hopping Pot before he is done. So, I revise my initial review from 1 out of 5 to 3/5.

Finally got to experience Fast and the Furious Supercharged and it was ....

ba7140099da5195a5dc94cfb60a730ce.jpg

I didn't loathe it as much as others, but at the same time. I can't in good conscious say it's a good ride. Like if this was added 10 years ago I might be able to give it more of a pass, but it's mind-boggling this was added in 2018 especially already being privy to the end result. It would be like adding Stitch's Great Escape to Shanghai Disneyland.

The pre-shows were fine, they didn't really annoy me or entertain me much. I have no issue you with them, they were rather short and inoffensive.

Anyway I was on the 2nd seat from the end on the left side. My friend was on the furthest left seat. The real problem begins in that party scene... which if you are on the left of the vehicle you can barely see... or hear... I really had no idea what was going on, and the acting is bad all around but ESPECIALLY from Vin Diesel it's just awful... He really couldn't emote less. By the time we FINALLY left the "party" or whatever the action scene commenced and it was kind of cool. I will say it did feel like we were going fast down a highway... so I will give them props for that with the motion and the wind. However the graphics were really poor it reminded me of the Crusing USA/World arcade games from the 90s (see below). Also it was so insanely chaotic I had no idea what was going on... I didn't even see Vin Diesel and the damn helicopter... I saw the bad guy for a split second and I'm not sure what happened to him or anyone else. The constant water and smoke didn't help. (This didn't bother me too much, but my friend who sat on the end said it was out of control and she couldn't see or hear anything because she was getting blasted with smoke and water). Then you're like... ok that was crazy... but i'm kind of liking the direction where this ride might be headed as you leave the first tunnel expecting more, and then the ride is over.... It's like as soon as you start to realize what is happening it's over... The actual action portion of the ride seems to last about 90 seconds?

After we rode this we went on Jimmy Fallon and it made me have a whole new appreciation for that ride because I could actually follow what was happening and clearly see what was going on.

maxresdefault.jpg

I liked supercharged. The only thing that bothered me was if you sat on the right side you can see the bottom of the screen. I think it was a good use to what universal had to work with. I enjoyed it. Fallon is good too. I didn’t smell The pizza on Fallon before hhn. Is it not functioning?

I liked supercharged. The only thing that bothered me was if you sat on the right side you can see the bottom of the screen. I think it was a good use to what universal had to work with. I enjoyed it. Fallon is good too. I didn’t smell The pizza on Fallon before hhn. Is it not functioning?
I have never smelled it...I imagine it was cut, or just super sparse

Not the best use of the land, but was probably the best they could've done with the budget and restriction to Hollywood's video they had.

I genuinely think that building nothing would have been better and keep the Beetlejuice show going for a little longer and keep it as an expansion pad until something more deserving comes along.

As @shiekra38 said above, a coaster would have been the obvious choice and more in line with expectations plus it would probably have cost less.

If you can make a truck with 72 people tilt and shake, you can certainly make a piece of track with 12 riders and a train shake and tilt.
Yeah...I guess the investment in developing that entire new ride system might be worth the increase in attendance and general upkeep of public opinion of the park.

Finally got to experience Fast and the Furious Supercharged and it was ....

ba7140099da5195a5dc94cfb60a730ce.jpg

I didn't loathe it as much as others, but at the same time. I can't in good conscious say it's a good ride. Like if this was added 10 years ago I might be able to give it more of a pass, but it's mind-boggling this was added in 2018 especially already being privy to the end result. It would be like adding Stitch's Great Escape to Shanghai Disneyland.

The pre-shows were fine, they didn't really annoy me or entertain me much. I have no issue you with them, they were rather short and inoffensive.

Anyway I was on the 2nd seat from the end on the left side. My friend was on the furthest left seat. The real problem begins in that party scene... which if you are on the left of the vehicle you can barely see... or hear... I really had no idea what was going on, and the acting is bad all around but ESPECIALLY from Vin Diesel it's just awful... He really couldn't emote less. By the time we FINALLY left the "party" or whatever the action scene commenced and it was kind of cool. I will say it did feel like we were going fast down a highway... so I will give them props for that with the motion and the wind. However the graphics were really poor it reminded me of the Crusing USA/World arcade games from the 90s (see below). Also it was so insanely chaotic I had no idea what was going on... I didn't even see Vin Diesel and the damn helicopter... I saw the bad guy for a split second and I'm not sure what happened to him or anyone else. The constant water and smoke didn't help. (This didn't bother me too much, but my friend who sat on the end said it was out of control and she couldn't see or hear anything because she was getting blasted with smoke and water). Then you're like... ok that was crazy... but i'm kind of liking the direction where this ride might be headed as you leave the first tunnel expecting more, and then the ride is over.... It's like as soon as you start to realize what is happening it's over... The actual action portion of the ride seems to last about 90 seconds?

After we rode this we went on Jimmy Fallon and it made me have a whole new appreciation for that ride because I could actually follow what was happening and clearly see what was going on.

maxresdefault.jpg

we almost had the same experience :lmao:

And yes, this ride is nothing but a 90s Video Game simulator using giant screens. If anything, they could have said this was a retro game and theme it to 90s games.
Because the video literally reminds you of early Grand Theft auto or something. you nailed it with that game picture :exclap:

I actually liked the video played on the screen, for that reason. I liked that it felt like watching a video game being played on a giant screen.
thats all this ride is, it is just one giant game simulator. (This is the kind of experience you expect from Comic Con as promotion for a new Retro game)

your review is very close to my experience.
I Also could not see Vin Diesel grab the helicopter, I could also Not see what happened to the bad guy at the end, i also could not see Michelle Rodriguez AT ALL. I had no idea she was part of the ride :lmao:

it was not until i did it a second time that i saw all these things.

And YET..... sitting on the right side is the ONLY place where you can fully experience and enjoy this ride... funny how that works right?

you can see the Bottom AND you can see the top of the screens and you can see the dark floor and dark roof,
and yet, sitting on the right, it is the only place where you can fully see what is going on in the screens, where you can see all the action and all the stunts on screen....

The right side of the bus is the only place where you get the full experience.

Who designed this ride? who made this? who made the screen part? Even if it was for hollywood, it is beyond awful how they put all the action on ONE side of the screens, the left side of the screens has Nothing going on.... nothing,
who was in charge of this? not only does all the action happen on the right side, but it is so short... why would they make it so short? wtf.
at least Kong had stuff going on on Both sides of the screens, and Kong and the T Rex jump from the right side to the left side and they fight on both sides. and there are things going on to both sides of the buses .

fast and furious is the most selfish ride i have ever seen. the people on the right side of the bus get all the best stuff and the people on the left side of the bus get the worst part of the ride

If you can think of a ride system using both that and the Hollywood video, I applaud you.

do an exact recreation of the Mummy (but maybe shorter or in lower scale) . have the video from this ride play in parts where it is not moving. play half of the video where the Bettles are coming out of the walls
play the other half in the part where the roof is on fire and the Mummy kills the girl attendant.

there you go, you have a Fast and furious ride using the stupid video they made for Hollywood.
or just copy Gringotts and do the same thing. make the coaster part longer and then add the screen part at the end. have the whole video play at the very end and you have a great ride. you dont even need a new ride system, you have both the mummy and Gringotts to copy from.

how much did the Mummy and Gringotts cost versus the price of this ride?
what is the price difference between all 3 rides?

Y’all either aren’t getting it or aren’t taking me seriously.

Neither Gringotts nor Mummy’s ride system would work with Hollywood’s ride video, that video was designed for a tram ride system.

F&F was a quick and easy clone with a few addons, nothing impressive could have been made with this IP-ride system combo.

Y’all either aren’t getting it or aren’t taking me seriously.

Neither Gringotts nor Mummy’s ride system would work with Hollywood’s ride video, that video was designed for a tram ride system.

F&F was a quick and easy clone with a few addons, nothing impressive could have been made with this IP-ride system combo.

They didn’t have to use that video. It was crap then and it’s worse now.