Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - Reviews, Photos, & Videos

I will say, while that scene is cringeworthy as a whole, the part where Dwayne Johnson comes out has actually put a smile on every ride.

The rock is gold. He makes everything better.

It’s tough to dislike him or Justin Timberlake. Those guys just don’t have haters - male or female.

Myself, I would never wait for any ride 45 or 60 minutes. And never ever these three and four hour waits some stand for on the new attractions. I'll be Express passing this for sure when I go in late May. Usually I like to experience the queues for new rides,but I don't mind if we bypass this one, since it reminds me of the first Test Track, and I didn't care for that queue. This reminds me too much of waiting to get a car repaired in a dingy repair shop. Not the greatest of memories....That said, the queue looks authentic for the IP, it's just not my cup of tea.....

Myself, I would never wait for any ride 45 or 60 minutes. And never ever these three and four hour waits some stand for on the new attractions. I'll be Express passing this for sure when I go in late May. Usually I like to experience the queues for new rides,but I don't mind if we bypass this one, since it reminds me of the first Test Track, and I didn't care for that queue. This reminds me too much of waiting to get a car repaired in a dingy repair shop. Not the greatest of memories....That said, the queue looks authentic for the IP, it's just not my cup of tea.....
To be clear, I didn't wait 45 or 60 minutes. I waited that total for the three rides i've done.

I knew what I was in for prior to riding but was still SHOCKED getting off. I am no Fast and the Furious fan. The first one is a solid flick and the one that introduces the Rock in (4, 5? Can't remember) was ok because it didn't take itself too seriously. Plus, who doesn't love Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson?

The F&F franchise that has made Universal billions of cash was constructed into a slap-dash, run of the mill attraction is baffling. I can't give it the stamp of, "It's fun enough or it is what it is." Because of how poor an execution it transpired to be. One can toute, "They got rid of the 3D, good on them." It 100% feels like a last ditch effort to please and doesn't help the ride at all. The "speed scene" felt so flat and corny. The practical set, ally scene was fine but wasn't much of a reach or awe inspiring.

Between this and Fallon it seems like Universal has been coasting on the success of Potter. Spiderman that came out 19 years ago is a WWAAYY better attraction and surprised they didn't use a ride profile similar to that and Transformers.

The most ridiculous queue in the park goes to this ride. What a waist of space. The "Family" aspect to the series and the way it's thrown down your throat throughout the queue is eyeroll inducing.

In short: It's not good. Biggest pro is it will eat crowds for a year or two, especially during Horror Nights. If it's open.

I'm hoping with the new Potter coaster and Nintendo, Universal can reclaim their glory.

Last edited:
I knew what I was in for prior to riding but was still SHOCKED getting off. I am no Fast and the Furious fan. The first one is a solid flick and the one that introduces the Rock in (4, 5? Can't remember) was ok because it didn't take itself too seriously. Plus, who doesn't love Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

This franchise that has made Universal billions of cash was constructed into a slap-dash, run of the mill attraction is baffling. I can't give it the stamp of, "It's fun enough or it is what it is." Because of how poor an execution it transpired to be. One can toute, "They got rid of the 3D, good on them." It 100% feels like a last ditch effort to please and doesn't help the ride at all. The "speed scene" felt so flat and corny. The practical set, ally scene was fine but I wasn't like, "Oh wow now this is amazing."

Between this and Fallon it seems like Universal has been coasting on the success of Potter. Spiderman that came out 19 years ago is a WWAAYY better attraction and surprised they didn't use a ride profile similar to that and Transformers.

The most ridiculous queue in the park goes to this ride. What a waist of space.

In short: It's not good. Biggest pro is it will eat crowds for a year or two, especially during Horror Nights. If it's open.

I'm hoping with the new Potter coaster and Nintendo, Universal can reclaim their glory.
The queue for this line is definitely absurdly long. If it ever fills up all the way, the park must be PACKED.

So I was able to ride it twice yesterday so I'm gonna give my review and thoughts now. As a big fan of the fast and furious franchise I feel like this ride didn't do the series justice. I understand the films are supposed to be fun and tacky like this ride is. But the films make you feel as if you're on a rollercoaster ride. This makes you feel like you're sitting in front of a screen and watching a movie.
The queue is nice. I liked seeing all the cars up close and the music actually felt like it uplifted the hype of the queue. I don't know if it was just yesterday but the A/C wasn't working and it was HOT.
The first preshow is one of the most cringe and awkward things I've ever seen. Even worse than Fallon. The second preshow is better, but it still feels cheap. Almost like a knockoff six flags ride.
The ride started out with promise, as the first driving effect and practical set were incredible. If the rest of the ride could've been like the first two scenes, this would be one of the best on property. Going into the Hollywood copy/paste is where it went downhill hard. The musion scene is just another preshow. Which isn't surprising as that's what it served as in the Hollywood version. But man is it just cringey. Almost hard to watch these A and B list actors recite lines that sound like they were written by a 10 year old. The 360 scene was also pretty boring. I got doused with unholy amounts of water and fog. It was a bit of overkill. I think in this case not having 3D was a disservice. The 2D didn't really work for me and it allowed for you to notice even more how bad the CGI is. I did like how you can see out the front of the bus though. That was definitely an improvement from kong. Getting off the ride I could tell everyone on the bus was confused at what they had just rode. This ride was neither fast, nor furious.
Overall: cringe dialogue, no clear and concise story, good start, bad finish, and an unoriginal ride system. I'll give it a 4/10. Will I do it again? Probably.

Just rode it twice. Quick thoughts:

Love that new ride smell.

Ride is cheesy and cartoony, just like the movies. Use a cheesy IP and you get a cheesy attraction.

I was not impressed by it, but I did enjoy it. I will ride each trip, which is more that I could say for Disaster and Beetlejuice combined.

The riders in front of me loved it. Ones beside me said it was disappointing, short and ended abruptly. Kids seem to enjoy it.

Just rode it twice. Quick thoughts:

Love that new ride smell.

Ride is cheesy and cartoony, just like the movies. Use a cheesy IP and you get a cheesy attraction.

I was not impressed by it, but I did enjoy it. I will ride each trip, which is more that I could say for Disaster and Beetlejuice combined.

The riders in front of me loved it. Ones beside me said it was disappointing, short and ended abruptly. Kids seem to enjoy it.
The bus I was in seemed to be enjoying themselves. Seemed to be some of Orlando's car culture types, they knew what they were looking at in the queue. They have some legit speed parts there.
Was laughter and clapping at the end so I guess.......

Ok so I finally got on this on Saturday, and have some thoughts as someone who has been on the Hollywood version 30+ times....

This ride, as a whole, is better, but as some have said before, because the LA version is merely an extension of the studio tour, you don’t feel as cheated. That being said, the pre-show scenes in Hollywood are even more painful, so yes, there is pointless room hopping here, but at least there’s no Novak in the pre-show or the Rock saying stink pickle.

The ride film itself is a lot better in the Orlando version. The effects are used more effectively, the resolution is definitely a step up and the front screen is obviously a solid addition. But it really needs 3D....like bad. That lack of depth on the screen hurts the attraction.

Also for everyone saying they should shift the ride film...I remember a while back before Hollywood opened, I think insiders had told me that it was a serious hassle to work with the actors and get them to each do their parts. Don’t quote me....but if that’s true, then don’t expect an overhaul to the film/experience any time soon.

NOTE:...Ludacris looking down and reading the script during his pre-show scenes is unforgivable.

There are so many small changes that would make the finale feel like...a finale.

The ride projections being resurfaced to look like it's nighttime.

Practical orange-lit smoke "explosions" similar to the horntail and transformers fire effects - adding some practical effects of some kind between us and the screen.

The bus neons and music possibly flaring/blaring on momentarily before the end.

Nothing can really fix this ride's issues, but there are changes that could totally give it a little more practical wow factor...

The only thing I can think of is to remove the actual being in F&F. Do like disaster, show clips, explain how stuff was done, and then an all-new 360 film where you are basically doing the stunts.

The only way to fix this mess is to replace the ride system and build a new F&F coaster or slot-car with practical effects and explosions.