Fast & Furious: Supercharged - Reviews, Photos, & Videos | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - Reviews, Photos, & Videos

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I rode it this past weekend when i was down in Orlando for the weekend. Oh, boy! It was terrible! Just terrible, worst ride in the parks, easily beats hippogriff for the worst ride. It’s way too short, Vin Diesal was size of helicopter was hilariously bad, rooms before the ride were bad. Everything about it was just bad. I can’t believe universal actually decided that was okay idea for a ride. So many creative and better ideas then that.

Last edited:
This was a tough attraction to review. Overall, it's not really a good ride, but there were enough decent things that it was somewhat entertaining. The queue seems to be a pretty authentic recreation of the IP. It's not really my cup of tea since, similar to the original Test Track queue, it brings back bad memories of waiting to get car repairs. But Universal did a nice job of it and it was evident that fans of F&F liked it a lot. I can't recall an attraction queue where so many people were taking so many photos. I found the pre shows to be OK. The quality though, depended a lot on the TM. When the pre show had a TM that underplayed the role, I actually enjoyed them. Unfortunately, a few TM's think they have to be a star of the show, greatly overplayed the role, and in those cases the pre shows were somewhat irritating. Universal needs to direct the TM's cast that less is often better than more. I liked the ride vehicles and the boarding queue was cool. Go to the left for best seating, but avoid the first row of the vehicle like the plague. The first row is that bad and will give you a sore neck if you try to see anything on the ride. The first traveling effect is decent and effective. The urban street scene that you come upon is easily the best production value of the ride. The cars revving up was a nice touch and the street scene was very realistic. The musion party scene, as we all kind of knew, is not very good. The bad acting doesn't really bother me since those are basically bad actors in their movies also. But,the scene doesn't make much sense, and is probably more an annoying distraction than anything else. The traveling effect before you are thrown into the 360 scene is well done. The 360 room is where the ride begins it's downfall. The addition of a forward frontal scene is good & it works nicely. The 360 scene though, is so very amateurish and cartoon like. The contractors that did this scene should be ashamed of their work. And, I just can't understand how Universal management accepted it without sending it back until the company got it right. It's really that bad. I had always thought that this concept of the ride could be saved if they upgraded the film like they did with Reign of Kong. I was wrong. No upgrades could fix this mess. It needed to be burned, destroyed and started anew. The version is so cartoonish that it would have worked better as an animated cartoon, like SpiderMan. There's a lot of smoke/fog in the 360 room. That was good, but they should have had even more to hide the film more. After my first ride, I accepted this scene as a sort of Camp Comedy, and that made repeat rides more enjoyable. So I adapted and found lots of humor in the crude and primitive scene. I laughed at it and then it became fun, to an extent. Since the building is basically the same layout as Reign of Kong, you enter a long curved room after the 360 scene. But unlike Kong, that has the amazing animatronic as a nice ending, the room is empty and wasted. The entry into the unload kind of highlighted the contradictions of this attraction. There actually were a good number of people clapping & cheering, on every ride I was on. So evidently, there is a base of F&F fans that liked the attraction.............Soooo, here's my rating. And I always do a total attraction rating (10 point system) since I believe the TOTALITY OF THE EXPERIENCE, namely facade, queue, pre shows, ride, is most important. I gave the Facade/Queue/Pre Shows a 7 . The Ride a 4 . TOTALITY OF THE ATTRACTION RATING 5 1/2 .That pretty much puts it on the lowest levels of my Universal attraction ratings, though no where near Fear Factor rating level. ...................I found repeat rides better than the first, mainly since I accepted the 360 scene as camp comedy, and that helped make the attraction a "bit" of fun. On future vacations I'll ride this once or twice, but certainly not the usual 10 to 15 times I ride the attractions I really like. The big fail of F&F, besides the ride concept, is that the 360 room is intended as the Meat & Potatoes of the attraction. Instead, the 360 room ends up more like a slice of raw liver, not easily digested. As I've noted before on the other F&F thread, I was on vacation for 10 days, stopped and checked out the line every time I was in that vicinity of USF. And only once was there a Stand By line that was more than 15-30 minutes long. That's kind of amazing for a major new E/D ticket, especially since the park was moderate to moderately/busy all those days. That says a lot.....And, bottom line, as I said a month or so ago, I think it best that the majority of people is turning away, and disappointed, in the attraction, so it will convince UC that, for the future, they better not open an attraction that exhibits so many sub standard qualities.

Last edited:
This was a tough attraction to review. Overall, it's not really a good ride, but there were enough decent things that it was somewhat entertaining. The queue seems to be a pretty authentic recreation of the IP. It's not really my cup of tea since, similar to the original Test Track queue, it brings back bad memories of waiting to get car repairs. But Universal did a nice job of it and it was evident that fans of F&F liked it a lot. I can't recall an attraction queue where so many people were taking so many photos. I found the pre shows to be OK. The quality though, depended a lot on the TM. When the pre show had a TM that underplayed the role, I actually enjoyed them. Unfortunately, a few TM's think they have to be a star of the show, greatly overplayed the role, and in those cases the pre shows were somewhat irritating. Universal needs to direct the TM's cast that less is often better than more. I liked the ride vehicles and the boarding queue was cool. Go to the left for best seating, but avoid the first row of the vehicle like the plague. The first row is that bad and will give you a sore neck if you try to see anything on the ride. The first traveling effect is decent and effective. The urban street scene that you come upon is easily the best production value of the ride. The cars revving up was a nice touch and the street scene was very realistic. The musion party scene, as we all kind of knew, is not very good. The bad acting doesn't really bother me since those are basically bad actors in their movies also. But,the scene doesn't make much sense, and is probably more an annoying distraction than anything else. The following traveling effect before you are thrown into the 360 scene is well done. The 360 room is where the ride begins it's downfall. The addition of a forward frontal scene is good & it works nicely. The 360 scene though, is so very amateurish and cartoon like. The contractors that did this scene should be ashamed of their work. And, I just can't understand how Universal management accepted it without sending it back until the company got it right. It's really that bad. I had always thought that this concept of the ride could be saved if they upgraded the film like they did with Reign of Kong. I was wrong. No upgrades could fix this mess. It needed to be burned, destroyed and started anew. The version is so cartoonish that it would have worked better as an animated cartoon, like SpiderMan. There's a lot of smoke/fog in the 360 room. That was good, but they should have had even more to hide the film more. After my first ride, I accepted this scene as a sort of Camp Comedy, and that made repeat rides more enjoyable. So I adapted and found lots of humor in the crude and primitive scene. I laughed at it and then it became fun, to an extent. Since the building is basically the same layout as Reign of Kong, you enter a long curved room after the 360 scene. But unlike Kong, that has the amazing animatronic as a nice ending, the room is empty and wasted. The entry into the unload kind of highlighted the contradictions of this attraction. There actually were a good number of people clapping & cheering, on every ride I was on. So evidently, there is a base of F&F fans that liked the attraction.............Soooo, here's my rating. And I always do a total attraction rating (10 point system) since I believe the TOTALITY OF THE EXPERIENCE, namely facade, queue, pre shows, ride, is most important. I gave the Facade/Queue/Pre Shows a 7 . The Ride a 4 . TOTALITY OF THE ATTRACTION RATING 5 1/2 .That pretty much puts it on the lowest levels of my Universal attraction ratings, though no where near Fear Factor rating level. ...................I found repeat rides better than the first, mainly since I accepted the 360 scene as camp comedy, and that helped make the attraction a "bit" of fun. On future vacations I'll ride this once or twice, but certainly not the usual 10 to 15 times I ride the attractions I really like. The big fail of F&F, besides the ride concept, is that the 360 room is intended as the Meat & Potatoes of the attraction. Instead, the 360 room ends up more like a slice of raw liver, not easily digested. As I've noted before on the other F&F thread, I was on vacation for 10 days, stopped and checked out the line every time I was in that vicinity of USF. And only once was there a Stand By line that was more than 15-30 minutes long. That's kind of amazing for a major new E/D ticket, especially since the park was moderate to moderately/busy all those days. That says a lot.....And, bottom line, as I said a month or so ago, I think it best that the majority of people is turning away, and disappointed, in the attraction, so it will convince UC that, for the future, they better not open an attraction that exhibits so many sub standard qualities.

This is a well conceived and fair review, one positive I took away

F&F < raw liver

I rode the attraction for the first time yesterday. and what did I think of it?

It was great.

I had extremely low expectations for this ride:
  • it is a clone of something seemingly sub-par in Hollywood
  • it is similar to one of my least favorite attractions in the park, Skull Island
  • it is based on a franchise built around cars while you travel in a bus.
But somehow I really enjoyed it.

The queue felt great, really got me hyped up to see these suped up cars in action, and it felt genuinely like a car maintenance warehouse.
The pre-shows were TERRIBLE, but in a funny way, which represents my opinion on this entire attraction's script actually. The Disaster! pre-shows were some of Uni's best, with great jokes and audience involvement, but this was just...so forced and the actors were phoning it in (haha).

Alright, now for the actual ride experience:

I'd just like to start this off by saying that while having the fake driver so much closer to you than how it is on Kong makes it much more obviously fake, the open front of the car does wonders for the immersion of the scenes.

The opening illusion actually worked very well on my friends and I until the vehicle pulled up to the musion scene, and it very obviously wasn't moving the whole tunnel.

The musion scene itself was hilariously cheesy but pretty boring, I would've been okay with skipping that.

The practical scene actually made me audibly react, it felt beautifully authentic and the cars revving was awesome, although they should place some shadowed dummies in the cars to at least ATTEMPT to feel like people are in them.

Once we entered the tunnel, I looked and noticed the bottom of the screen, which is a HUGE problem for me on Kong, it totally breaks the immersion. However, it felt ominous in the garage, and the villian showing up with the flamethrower was fun, but I noticed that the flamethrower noise was a bit unnecessarily loud. As soon as we crashed through the wall, I knew what kind of ride we were in for.

HOLY CHRIST IT IS SO LOUD.

I was sitting in the 3rd row from the front of the vehicle, and the mist cannons were so loud that my friend and I looked at each other and started dying laughing. I can't remember much from the tunnel scene, but what I can say is this: it is hilariously chaotic. I'll try to list out my highlights:
  • The villain getting smashed into a cement bridge within ~15 seconds
  • The Rock straight up choking out some people in front of us
  • Random gas explosions sending water on us
  • How generally everything was WAY too hilariously loud
  • And of course, the image of Vin Diesel zooming around on a helicopter (no one knows it's a drone so it makes everyone burst out laughing)
All of these things combined had my friend and I uncontrollably laughing the whole tunnel scene, it was actually really fun. For me, Kong is just boring and un-immersive, but the chaos of F&F's tunnel scene added to its immersive-ness somehow.

Keep in mind that this was my first experience with the attraction, so this isn't my final opinion on the attraction, but I had a hugely fun first ride, but judging on my first experience, I think I'd put it here on my list for USF:

1. Mummy (Bring back the fire)
2. MIB
3. Escape from Gringotts
4. Transformers
5. Fast and Furious: Supercharged
6. Hogwarts Express
7. Rip Ride Rockit
8. E.T. Adventure
9. Woody Woodpecker
10. The Simpsons Ride
11. Fallon
12. Shrek 4-D
13. Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem

This being said, I can see this having bad GSATs, just based on the attraction style and the fact that you don't travel in the cars that the series is famous for.

Reactions: tankart150
Figured I’d give a quick review of my experience riding F&F though it likely won’t add anything new. I haven’t been to a Universal since summer of 2016, so Kong, Rebuilt Hulk, Jimmy Fallon, and F&F were all new to me. I fall somewhere in between the GP and a theme park junkie. I like to read this site and keep up with news regarding UO, but don’t do so every day unless I’m planning a trip. I had read both F&F threads before my current trip (I’m still here), so my expectations for this ride were pretty low. I am not a fan of F&F and haven’t seen any of the movies. Anyway, my first disappointment was they were diverting everyone through the express entrance even though there was no line. So I barely got to see any of the queue. which by all accountants is the best part of the ride. When I got to the pre-shows, I was slightly encouraged as they weren’t as horrible as I was expecting. The TM doing the second pre-show was actually pretty humorous. So after this, I actually thought I was going to fall into the group who enjoy the ride. That is until the actual ride. Sadly it really isn’t good as most people have noted. I didn’t find it funny, even in a cheesy way. I had read about it ending abruptly, and I was still surprised when it just ended. I heard several people on the bus ask if that was is and say how short it was. The little kids behind me told their parents they “didn’t like that ride”. Anyway, I would still like to be able to see the queue, and i really don’t understand why they would prevent people from seeing the best part of the ride. I’ll have to see if I can talk my 15 year old into trying it again. He disliked the entire thing.

Finally rode this and did single rider so no preshows. It wasn’t good overall. The action portion is great, but nothing else happens before or after. Just kind of it. Did enjoy the drive through the physical portion.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
After thinking on it some more. I think FF is better than Diaster for me since I avoided that ride while FF I’ll actually attempt to ride when in the park.
That doesn't really mean F&F is "better" than Disaster though. I liked Disaster but the long length of the total experience from beginning to end meant that I only rode when I had a lot of time to kill and I'm assuming other regulars had the same issue. Disaster was still a much better experience for first-timers and the general public in my eyes. It also had humor, heart, and a finale with elaborate practical effects. F&F has cringe, cringe, more cringe, a nice alley set that you drive through in seconds, an interminable exposition scene positioned to only one side of the vehicle in which absolutely nothing happens, and then a non-immersive tunnel with bad video game graphics and a ride vehicle that barely moves while an incoherent street race happens around us.

That doesn't really mean F&F is "better" than Disaster though. I liked Disaster but the long length of the total experience from beginning to end meant that I only rode when I had a lot of time to kill and I'm assuming other regulars had the same issue. Disaster was still a much better experience for first-timers and the general public in my eyes. It also had humor, heart, and a finale with elaborate practical effects. F&F has cringe, cringe, more cringe, a nice alley set that you drive through in seconds, an interminable exposition scene positioned to only one side of the vehicle in which absolutely nothing happens, and then a non-immersive tunnel with bad video game graphics and a ride vehicle that barely moves while an incoherent street race happens around us.
That’s why I said for me. It’s decent during the end and I despised Disaster so.

I heard that this was supposed to be like RnRC at DHS, but the ride was announced after the deadly accident on Verrukt At Schlitterbahn Kansas City. Unfortunately, uneducated angry parents started mailing letters to the C.E.O., claiming ‘they don’t want their kids to get injured’, and it all went downhill from there.
Lesson learned: ignore backlash and do what works best for the park. Universal was/is NEVER mean’t for children anyway, so why bother to go that route.

Just to reaffirm two things here

1) This isn’t true
2) Please keep this thread for reviews, photos, and videos of the attraction. Discussion needs to go into the general thread.

Thanks.

I finally rode it today. Honestly, the ride is pretty decent up until the action really begins--completely incoherent, and also very short. My friend and I were laughing our @$$es off after the jump. If they had made it like Test Track I would've loved it. As others have said, there's some value to it on a "so bad it's good" level--and as my screen name indicates, I LOVE "so bad it's good."

Last edited: