Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Favorite/Least Favorite Land

What's your favorite IOA land?

• Port of Entry

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Marvel Superhero Island

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Toon Lagoon

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Jurassic Park

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Lost Continent

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Seuss Landing

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Votes: 15 46.9%

• Total voters
Jurassic Park all the way! Even though its lacking in attractions, it's just so immersive. I love walking up and into the Discovery Center, love the River Adventure, and Camp Jurassic is the most fun playground I think I've ever experienced in a theme park!

It's tough. Overall, factoring in everything on balance, it's probably got to be Hogsmeade. Arguably the strongest attraction lineup in the park, coupled with detail-rich environments. Jurassic Park was once my favorite place to spend time, however (even after Hogsmeade opened), because of the strong atmosphere and ambiance in there. But who knows what it's going to look and feel like once the coaster eats up all the mood.

I really don't think there's a truly "weak" land in the park, at least from a design aesthetics standpoint.

Hard to argue against Hogsmeade, but I will say nothing in Seuss Landing ever existed in 3-D space before the land was built. And it has no "real world" counterpart, whereas Hosgmeade pulls pretty heavily from an idealized version of real Scotland. Also so many Easter eggs scattered throughout SL (Snitches, McElliot's Pool, Truffula Forrest, If I Ran the Zoo ...) Close call but give the edge to Seuss.

Best: Hogsmeade

Worst: Toon Lagoon or Lost Continent. Both because they just feel like a waste of space until something better can take over (in TL's case, just a lot of wasted space).

#1--Hogsmeade (what can I say that hasn't already been said?)
#2--Seuss Landing (very rarely gets credit for its brilliant design)
#3--Marvel Superhero Island (hope they never lose the rights)
#4--Lost City (super underrated)
#5--Port of Entry (second best entry area in Central Florida after DAK)
#6--Jurassic Park (has been hurt by Skull Island plus construction but will look a lot better once Velocicoaster opens)
#7--Toon Lagoon (great for getting wet, but feels a bit cheap and tacky on the Marvel side)
#8--Skull Island (please put a new arch up!)
#9--Arabian Bazaar (wish they could somehow fit a (practical) Zelda attraction just here)

Last edited: